Gaming Things to be carefull when buying a SEcond HAND XBOX360

h3l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I´m thinking about getting a second hand xbox360 with a chip, what do i need to be carefull about?

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to go a bit off topic, but what do you mean prime? Can a user just put a backup and it will work immediately? O-o

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tragedies said:
Sorry to go a bit off topic, but what do you mean prime? Can a user just put a backup and it will work immediately? O-o

No you have to flash your dvd drive first.

I think h3l thinks you need a modchip to play backups on the 360 but you don't, that is the only reason i can think of when he said 'chip'

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, ok. If you flash your drive, can you restore it to original factory settings later on? E.g if you want to sell your 360?

And I assume you cant play Live with a backup?

h3l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes a modchip soldered into the xbox360, í have already asked him why and what modchip it is, i´m waiting for reply....

Meanwhile , what do i need to know more?

he just told me he had a 120GB HD (that fell in the ground) so he got a 20 GB HD

what can i asking him more about the xbox360 ??

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Prime said:
Just to let you know: You do not need a modchip to play backups h3l

Some newer versions require a chip to be soldered on to allow write access to the dvd drive in the Xbox 360, mine did. Though you can remove the chip after you've flashed the drive.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkCamui said:
Prime said:

Some newer versions require a chip to be soldered on to allow write access to the dvd drive in the Xbox 360, mine did. Though you can remove the chip after you've flashed the drive.

Yeah, but it is no modchip.

Anyways, ask if it has been banned or has had a RROD.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DarkCamui said:
Prime said:

Not anymore. 79 drives can be flashed totally by software now. No need for passkey.

h3l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The guy who´s selling doesn´t seem to understand much, said it´s a BLACK xbox360 and the other guy who installed the drive told him it was better to change the dvd drive to.

So now he offers me a Black Xbox360 with a modchip and a changed dvd drive, thats all i know!

How can i identify the drive? any ideia?
..and the xbox version and the "chip"?

h3l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i´ve decided not to buy from this guy.

sold the wii , and with the money look for another xbox360.

but all this RROD talk scares me a little, even with the new Falcon it still happends?

Ps. i knew that after super mario, brawl and mario kart the wii was over for me. the E3 conference just confirmed that
frown.gif

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wait wait wait! I can play pirated games on my 360 without hard modding it? Seriously? Am I getting trolled? If true with it I cannot play online? Is this what I'm hearing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored