Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Really? It's good? Downloaded!
biggrin.gif

Wait, how's Sonic 2? As in a game itself, and also against Kirby
wink2.gif

Both Sonic downloads were more of a nostalgic nature since I played the first one a lot when I was younger and when a friend visited me, we dl'ed the second one as he has been playing this for ages on his Mega Drive. I think Sonic 2 is fun because it remains the charme of the original without adding too much new stuff. The pseudo 3D in one of the two player modes is also nice (and fun)!

A comparison of Sonic and Kirby feels a bit strange though. Here's a try, Sonic has much faster gameplay and isn't as easy as Kirby, but Kirby has this wicked charme I always loved and for one of the last NES games it really rocks imo.

Ah, okay. Both seem like very fine games, can't go wrong with either one it seems
laugh.gif

Is Sonic a long game to complete? And I also heard Kirby was short..but how's the replay value :0

D

Deleted User

Ah, okay. Both seem like very fine games, can't go wrong with either one it seems
laugh.gif

Is Sonic a long game to complete? And I also heard Kirby was short..but how's the replay value :0
Sonic 2 has bigger levels, prettier graphics (compared to the first one) and the, at that time, new speed move (control pad down + run button) to make Sonic even faster. Sonic 1 is fairly short compared to the second one.

I think Kirby is short because you can complete the game quite fast as it's rather easy. It also offers some bonus stages for gaining more lifes etc. (a bit similar to the bonus stages in SMB3). The replay value, at least in my opinion, depends on how much you like Kirby, the colorful levels, the cute music and sound effects but mostly the varying special abilities.

In the end it really depends on which game/character you like more.
smile.gif

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont know much about the VC as I have no intention of buying a Wii whatsoever. But if i'm reading this correctly, are you saying your having trouble deciding to spend TWENTY BUCKS on either sonic or kirby's adventure? Seriously both of these games emulate on I dunno say every single console ever made? PSP, DS, GBA, i mean I might be stupid if i misread that these games each cost TWENTY dollars but good god I've been emulating them for so long I really dont know what the perks are of spending that much on these old games you can find on ebay for less than five bucks! in your local game shop for a dollar! sorry, i'm just baffled at the price i'm being shown here... does the wii VC offer some sort of awesome way to play these games, like shader filtering, sprite scaling, etc... still couldnt be worth TWENTY bucks maybe 1 or 2... ack!!

D

Deleted User

I dont know much about the VC as I have no intention of buying a Wii whatsoever. But if i'm reading this correctly, are you saying your having trouble deciding to spend TWENTY BUCKS on either sonic or kirby's adventure? Seriously both of these games emulate on I dunno say every single console ever made? PSP, DS, GBA, i mean I might be stupid if i misread that these games each cost TWENTY dollars but good god I've been emulating them for so long I really dont know what the perks are of spending that much on these old games you can find on ebay for less than five bucks! in your local game shop for a dollar! sorry, i'm just baffled at the price i'm being shown here... does the wii VC offer some sort of awesome way to play these games, like shader filtering, sprite scaling, etc... still couldnt be worth TWENTY bucks maybe 1 or 2... ack!!
Kirby is 600 Wii Points (EUR/USD 6) and Sonic is 800 Wii Points.

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alright, thanks for clearing that up for me. how about anything extra? art gallery, box/manual shots, any sort of extras?

as for using a GC controller to play older games, i had a gameboy player with my GC and hated using the original controller when i popped in flashcards to play GBA games or nesDS. So like a fool i bought the ridiculous hori digital gamepad. That controller was in theory supposed to act like a SNES controller but sadly was an unresponsive and clunky pile of buttons. I found that it had the same tactile effect whether you were playing it using your hands or banging it against your forehead. I wondered if anyone at hori had actually tried to USE the controller before releasing it ? After this frustration i went back to using the GC controller and got used to it after a while, it wasnt so bad.

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kirby's Adventure is a must. The GBA remake failed to capture any of the original charm of the Nes version.

Neither Kirby SuperStar or Kirby's Dream Land 3 are on it yet, but stupidly enough, Kirby's Avalanche (a localization of Puyo Puyo Pop) and Kirby's Dream Course are on there. Those were the there-still-isn't-a-real-Kirby-game-on-the-system-yet,-let's-stall-with-these games. Coming from a Kirby fan, it sounds weird, but don't waste your points/money on Kirby's Avalanche or Dream Course. Get Kirby's Adventure.

Kirby Super Star is going to be on the VC, so I don't know why HAL is making a KSS remake for DS, rather than work on a proper Kirby title for Wii.

D

Deleted User

alright, thanks for clearing that up for me. how about anything extra? art gallery, box/manual shots, any sort of extras?
When pressing the Home button the manual can be read (no shots of the original manual though) and you can stop playing and continue at the same point when pressing the Home button and choosing Wii Menu. The only title with an extra feature is "Pokémon Snap" where you can post your pictures to your Wii Message Board or send them to friends. Oh yes, "Sin & Punishment" has been translated into English but it's 1200 Wii Points instead of 1000 Wii Points for other N64 titles.

as for using a GC controller to play older games, i had a gameboy player with my GC and hated using the original controller when i popped in flashcards to play GBA games or nesDS. So like a fool i bought the ridiculous hori digital gamepad. That controller was in theory supposed to act like a SNES controller but sadly was an unresponsive and clunky pile of buttons. I found that it had the same tactile effect whether you were playing it using your hands or banging it against your forehead. I wondered if anyone at hori had actually tried to USE the controller before releasing it ? After this frustration i went back to using the GC controller and got used to it after a while, it wasnt so bad.
Wow, I didn't know the Hori controller was that bad. I guess it doesn't matter that it was sold out before I got the chance to buy it then.
smile.gif

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well the way the hori was pimped by so many people I really didnt think twice about spending 17 bucks on it. But it's just like most 3rd party controllers i've ever used: D-pads are never recessed, just one giant button. Remember the subtle taps and such required by fighting games, platformers, or even RPG's in navigating menus? if a controller gives me any doubt whatsoever that i'm pressing UP instead of up-left or up-right it's absolute rubbish. Who makes these devices without playing any of the most popular games for the system it was intended? I always wonder if they even press the buttons at all when the first handful roll off assembly...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.