Homebrew There's a way to use Ntrboot without a "source 3ds"?

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Guide tells you that you need a second 3ds
"Do I really need a second 3ds?"

Guide tells you that you need an ak2i or r4ids.cn
"Does my flashcard that isn't an ak2i or r4ds.cn work?"

^ This drives me nuts.

The op has shown he has no reading ability, I'm not surprised at all to see this thread from him.
If/when they actually ever get around to hacking their system I'd bet anything you'd see a "help I bricked my 3DS" thread

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The verdict is, no. You need either a second 3ds or powersaves with one of the compatible flashcarts. No Homebrew is possible on o3ds whatsoever without this, no matter what new exploits are released, due to the fact that o3ds payloads simply don't exist. No more reason to continue the thread.

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
The verdict is, no. You need either a second 3ds or powersaves with one of the compatible flashcarts. No Homebrew is possible on o3ds whatsoever without this, no matter what new exploits are released, due to the fact that o3ds payloads simply don't exist. No more reason to continue the thread.

Like the doodlebomb I'm betting op will create another thread about ntrboothax in the coming days asking basically the same question as this thread.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the doodlebomb I'm betting op will create another thread about ntrboothax in the coming days asking basically the same question as this thread.
I just said no more reason to continue the thread, and you continued it. The op's question was answered end of story.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A method I haven't heard mentioned yet was the potential to use a DS or DS Lite to flash the cartridge. A program would have to be made for it, but it's an alternative nonetheless - though, I suspect you'd need two cards since I'm not sure you'd be able to flash the cartridge currently running - as for DSi, this could also be done with the recent exploits if said program was made too, but you couldn't load it from another flashcart since you can't swap carts in DS mode on DSi.

Pedri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The op has shown he has no reading ability, I'm not surprised at all to see this thread from him.
If/when they actually ever get around to hacking their system I'd bet anything you'd see a "help I bricked my 3DS" thread

You must be alone at life if the only thing you do is being toxic in this forum. What is your problem? Stop posting if you're going to be that toxic. I already said it. It's not bad to ask if you need something. Of course you're perfect and you know everything about 3DS and computing, but i dont have that luck.

And yeah, no more questions.

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
For the record, you can use ntr boot without a source 3ds now. Works on any vanilla 3ds. Thread closed?

New thread incoming I bet.

Oh btw don't you need to buy a "hacked" flashcart if you want to do away with the source 3ds?

You must be alone at life if the only thing you do is being toxic in this forum. What is your problem? Stop posting if you're going to be that toxic. I already said it. It's not bad to ask if you need something. Of course you're perfect and you know everything about 3DS and computing, but i dont have that luck.

And yeah, no more questions.

Blah blah blah, someone doesn't agree with me/has a different opinion/whatever so they must be toxic/a troll etc, typical idiotic thinking.

Last edited by fowler002,

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: cvskid

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
As long as you can boot an .nds file from the compatible flashcart itself, you can flash it yourself. You can even use a Nintendo DS, DS Lite or DSi.
https://3ds.guide/flashing-ntrboot-(3ds-single-system)

Thanks, things are changing faster now I guess. Last I read in the last few days/past week it was prehacked cart or a hacked 3ds, with power saves version not out yet(guess that's no longer needed)

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks, things are changing faster now I guess. Last I read in the last few days/past week it was prehacked cart or a hacked 3ds, with power saves version not out yet(guess that's no longer needed)
Keep in mind that if you use an older flashcart, you won't be able to use it on a more recent firmware. For example, the Acekard 2i was blocked by Nintendo past version 4.3.0. The R4i Gold 3DS RTS hasn't been blocked yet.

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Keep in mind that if you use an older flashcart, you won't be able to use it on a more recent firmware. For example, the Acekard 2i was blocked by Nintendo past version 4.3.0. The R4i Gold 3DS RTS hasn't been blocked yet.

I already have 3 hacked systems so not an issue for me, the op on the other hand....

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I already have 3 hacked systems so not an issue for me, the op on the other hand....
That method also works on hacked consoles. I couldn't be bothered to install ntrboot flasher on my outdated Luma, so I just used that .nds file and it worked :rofl:

Pedri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Uh... i already hacked my 3DS, im just asking things because i want to help my friends to get hacked consoles, i still think you have to get a life.
BTW, i hacked it with doodlebomb. Funny, huh?

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Uh... i already hacked my 3DS, im just asking things because i want to help my friends to get hacked consoles, i still think you have to get a life.
BTW, i hacked it with doodlebomb. Funny, huh?

Zzzzzzzzzz, sorry did you say something?

P.s I have a life thanks, I'm not the one posting 2/3 threads asking the same question plus posting a thread(this one) asking a question which at the time was answered by reading the guide.
P.s.s you're losing precious time you could be using to post 2/3 more threads in regards to what nastys posted above, rather than reading and following the guide as what everyone else does.

Last edited by fowler002,

Pedri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Zzzzzzzzzz, sorry did you say something?

P.s I have a life thanks, I'm not the one posting 2/3 threads asking the same question plus posting a thread(this one) asking a question which at the time was answered by reading the guide.
P.s.s you're losing precious time you could be using to post 2/3 more threads in regards to what nastys posted above, rather than reading and following the guide as what everyone else does.
I still think you're alone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've been on since 9.0