Hacking There's a new channel update for the Nintendo Channel

MrBubbles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to update but I'm second guessing myself. If you enter the Nintendo Channel it says there's an update ready and you need to update via the Shop Channel.

Edit: This is silly, the Backup Channel now shows up as ??? for channel data in the system menu. Oh Nintendo.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrBubbles said:
I'm about to update but I'm second guessing myself. If you enter the Nintendo Channel it says there's an update ready and you need to update via the Shop Channel.

Edit: This is silly, the Backup Channel now shows up as ??? for channel data in the system menu. Oh Nintendo.
i wonder what got patched in this update?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTEThe Backup Channel has always been ??? for me xD
yeah it will be ??? they do on some custom channels, like mplayerdvdlib, starfall, some backup loader channels etc.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what it's messed with, but now you have the option to receive updates. From Nintendo about upcoming games.

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pal updates are usually on friday
wink.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Pal updates are usually on friday
Think you're right october 23rd update, was probably 24th for pal users, well it was the Friday when i tested the update unsure like... its in the new wii update 3.4 thread of my comments, as i tested the update out for others to know what it prevents etc.

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now keep in mind, this isn't a Wii Update, it's just an update for the Nintendo Channel! You won't get prompted to update your wii, just that channel (if you even have it installed)

I was able to browse my Wii normally and even go into the Shop Channel with no problems but on the main page of the Shop Channel is a link to the updated "Nintendo Channel"

"An updated version of the Nintendo Channel is now available. This version includes improvements to the channel's functionality and can be found as a free download in the Wii Channels section of the Wii Shop Channel. If you're on of the many that have been using the channel and exploring its exciting content, you will be required to download the updated version before you can use the Nintendo Channel again. If you're downloading the channel for the first time, the updated version will automatically be downloaded."

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
now keep in mind, this isn't a Wii Update, it's just an update for the Nintendo Channel! You won't get prompted to update your wii, just that channel (if you even have it installed)
I know just an optional channel update, was just pointing out about updates usually on fridays for pal users.

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh that's fine dj, I was just making sure people realize that it wasn't actually a Wii update (I thought it was at first).

I should also mention that I'm on Wii 3.2u NTSC-U

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Receive game updates with the nintendo channel?
hope they have better features like more interviews, and behind the gaming etc, previews of new games etc....
As the channel is before this update is PATHETIC lol, the same old wiifit in the startup vid, annoying!

Johnny_V

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*couf* *couf* I don't know about you but that specific update related to upcoming games being displayed on the nintendo channel landed on my Wii about a month ago...
Everything is working just fine.
grog.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
*couf* *couf* I don't know about you but that specific update related to upcoming games being displayed on the nintendo channel landed on my Wii about a month ago...
Everything is working just fine
cant imagine portugal getting an update and other countries not....till today or in the morning
sleep.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: