Homebrew Theres a good way to play Shin Megami Tensei I and II translated on a Old3DS?

eddie_phoenix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
People say that Blarg doesn't run well and the GBA versions (using VC Inject method) are not translated i think, so...

Any Ideas?

Noelemahc

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
People say that Blarg doesn't run well and the GBA versions (using VC Inject method) are not translated i think, so...

Any Ideas?
What's your firmware? Do you have Cubic Ninja and/or a CFW? This will greatly affect the answer.

Blarg runs flawlessly if you take the time to find the latest version, even without a CFW, it just doesn't support the full range of visual effects in some games. TBH, I haven't tried SMT in it yet, though.

D

Deleted User

What's your firmware? Do you have Cubic Ninja and/or a CFW? This will greatly affect the answer.

Blarg runs flawlessly if you take the time to find the latest version, even without a CFW, it just doesn't support the full range of visual effects in some games. TBH, I haven't tried SMT in it yet, though.
Is. There a version newer then 1.3b?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And for op, use retroarch.

eddie_phoenix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

RXTools CFW i don't know what version but its a nightly build that runs R4icards, its the only time that i updated the CFW
Emunand 10.7, i think its the latest, and Blarg its on the last one too, 1.3c i think.
maybe everything its updated.

OP?

Noelemahc

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Sooo I'm missing the point of this thread then. Get the ROMs (important: make sure you get the extra patches from romhacking that fix the commonly-available translation's errors and bugs!), and see if they run well enough for you. 1,4 mb worth of downloads is not a lot, especially compared to keeping RXTools up to date.

Retroarch does not give higher FPS for SNES emulation on a 3DS as far as I know?
And yes, aside from 1.3c there was a thread here on GBAtemp where some folks modified the visual code to use 3D mode to effectively double the vertical resolution of the top screen. It's a nice difference. I'd need some time to dig out the link though, as i'm on mobile right now.

D

Deleted User

Sooo I'm missing the point of this thread then. Get the ROMs (important: make sure you get the extra patches from romhacking that fix the commonly-available translation's errors and bugs!), and see if they run well enough for you. 1,4 mb worth of downloads is not a lot, especially compared to keeping RXTools up to date.

Retroarch does not give higher FPS for SNES emulation on a 3DS as far as I know?
And yes, aside from 1.3c there was a thread here on GBAtemp where some folks modified the visual code to use 3D mode to effectively double the vertical resolution of the top screen. It's a nice difference. I'd need some time to dig out the link though, as i'm on mobile right now.
please PM me with a link! now you bumped up my hype...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc