Theres a good way to play Shin Megami Tensei I and II translated on a Old3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by eddie_phoenix, Apr 28, 2016.

1. eddie_phoenix
    OP

eddie_phoenix Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Brazil
    People say that Blarg doesn't run well and the GBA versions (using VC Inject method) are not translated i think, so...

Any Ideas?

2. Noelemahc

Noelemahc GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    What's your firmware? Do you have Cubic Ninja and/or a CFW? This will greatly affect the answer.

Blarg runs flawlessly if you take the time to find the latest version, even without a CFW, it just doesn't support the full range of visual effects in some games. TBH, I haven't tried SMT in it yet, though.

3. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Tuvalu
    Is. There a version newer then 1.3b?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And for op, use retroarch.

4. eddie_phoenix
    OP

eddie_phoenix Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Brazil
    RXTools CFW i don't know what version but its a nightly build that runs R4icards, its the only time that i updated the CFW
    Emunand 10.7, i think its the latest, and Blarg its on the last one too, 1.3c i think.
    maybe everything its updated.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

OP?

5. Noelemahc

Noelemahc GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Sooo I'm missing the point of this thread then. Get the ROMs (important: make sure you get the extra patches from romhacking that fix the commonly-available translation's errors and bugs!), and see if they run well enough for you. 1,4 mb worth of downloads is not a lot, especially compared to keeping RXTools up to date.

Retroarch does not give higher FPS for SNES emulation on a 3DS as far as I know?
    And yes, aside from 1.3c there was a thread here on GBAtemp where some folks modified the visual code to use 3D mode to effectively double the vertical resolution of the top screen. It's a nice difference. I'd need some time to dig out the link though, as i'm on mobile right now.

6. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Tuvalu
    please PM me with a link! now you bumped up my hype...