TheNewPokeText Compile Help

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by KillzMo, Sep 29, 2009.

Sep 29, 2009

TheNewPokeText Compile Help by KillzMo at 12:18 AM (620 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. KillzMo
    OP

Newcomer KillzMo Newbie

United States
    Okay i translated the japanese text in pokemon heart gold and ss i did some of the story text but what im asking is how you put the (yourname.xml) file and compile to the hg and ss rom i already translated but how do i compile it so i can play and check what ive done

2. MaK11-12

Member MaK11-12 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    1. With the newpoketext open, when you can type in a command (when you see a '>' (enter you rom name if you havn't done so)), type in "patch yourxml.xml" without the quotes.

2. in you rom temp folder. The msg.narc file has been updated. cut and paste the msg.narc to the a/0/2 folder (or whatever the original files was in), paste the msg.narc there. Delete the '7' file and rename the masg.narc to '7' (make sure it has no .narc extension).

3. In the newpoketext type in "mkrom PKMN.nds" without quotes! You can also replace PKMN.nds with whatever you want, but keep it short. You can give it a longer name after wards (newpoketext may find problems with long names).

You're Done!!!

MaK