XeroRestraint

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What are the file icons for? Because they don't appear on my DS with the skin .. are they supposed to?

They replace these from the default .DAT:

Picture%204.png

They are displayed in the area where the game icon normally appears when a file of the appropriate type is selected in the file browser. Commercial ROMs and most homebrew have custom icons embedded in them and those embedded icons are displayed instead in the UI (for .nds files). For all the other icons, you need to select a file of that type to see that icon.

XeroRestraint

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm okay, gonna give it a try =)
Another question, if a new kernel should come like 1.12 for example will this skin stop working then? or?

Edit: The skin is looking nice and working great here!

I can't predict what will happen with future kernels but I plan to recompile (and post) the DAT with Zorgrage's Injektor with each new release just to be safe. For the last few versions you have the ability to export (then subsequently import) the graphical elements of a DAT's embedded theme. It's pretty easy to use and is being updated frequently. Try it yourself if you're curious.

QUOTE(Zombie_Mario @ Aug 16 2007, 08:33 PM)I would love to see different variations of this theme. Maybe different colors, icons, etc. I don't like this particular one but seeing as it's different from the ones i see in that other thread, it's a nice change. You don't see many custom _DS_MENU.DAT files so this is a huge step in themes.
I'm thinking of making a really saturated pink & a charcoal/dark grayscale versions ... any other colors sound interesting?

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'm thinking of making a really saturated pink & a charcoal/dark grayscale versions ... any other colors sound interesting?

You could try to colors based on the each of the DS's color schemes. I know that I like themes based on my DS's color (black).

thomasroberts6

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I also like Darker themes, due to me having a black DS Lite.

Theres this one theme called Sleek' or something, where its just Blck backgrounds and says 'ninendo ds' at the top, and its really nice.

zorgrage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't predict what will happen with future kernels but I plan to recompile (and post) the DAT with Zorgrage's Injektor with each new release just to be safe. For the last few versions you have the ability to export (then subsequently import) the graphical elements of a DAT's embedded theme. It's pretty easy to use and is being updated frequently. Try it yourself if you're curious.

you can also distribute in the archive the R4S patch file so any injektor user can apply the theme to any kernel version
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?