Hacking theme problem

rykiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i downloaded themes from NDSthemes after which saving i will get four picture files right ? where do i copy the files on my card to? im using r4.. inside the _syste,_ folder there's 3items ebook cheat & gbaframe. if i create my own picture, where do i paste them ? main folder -> R4 -> 1. _system_ 2.moonshl .. and inside the moonshl folder there's a folder named skin. do i need to make use of that? hope someone out there can assist me .. thanks alot ! =*)
rolleyes.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Inside _system_ folder create a folder with this name: themes
then, inside the themes folder, create folders like this:
theme01
theme02
theme12

R4DS can hold up to 12 themes, no more, can be less.

Each folder represents the theme number, so pictures in theme01 folder will be theme01, in theme02 folder becomes theme02, and so on

Place the 4 pictures (must be in bitmap format, no other format supported) in corresponding folder. Make sure they are named as follow:
BCKGRD_1.BMP for topscreen background while selecting games
BCKGRD_2.BMP for touchscreen background image while selecting games
ICONS.BMP for main menu icons, including the background too
LOGO.BMP for topscreen image in main menu
THEME.INI for the theme itself initialization. Without this the theme will be screwed, since it contains the font color, version number, author, etc.

try it, it should work, since I'm looking at my R4DS theme folder while typing this for you.

P.S.: dare I say you've just bought your R4DS? My nephew just bought one and it doesn't contain any custom theme too

rykiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hehhe, yeaps just bought onli.. aniwae i can get those themes i dlded to work. but once i do my own theme.. i dunno how to set up the theme.ini how do i edit those frilly stuffs in there? =))

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rykiel said:
hehhe, yeaps just bought onli.. aniwae i can get those themes i dlded to work. but once i do my own theme.. i dunno how to set up the theme.ini how do i edit those frilly stuffs in there? =))
For the theme ini you can use a program to make one. Like Alice R4 Theme Creator Final. I'm sure there are other ways to do it, I just don't know.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just try to take a look of other theme's theme.ini, usually some of them got some explanations inside it, like what command to color what, or if you're pretty lazy, just copy them directly for your theme, and justify it after you see the results!
wink.gif

The author line isn't going to be shown, it's just to tell someone curious enough to see what inside a theme.ini
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool