TheFlow Announces 3.67 Hack for Vita

For those unaware, approximately a year and a half ago, developer yifan lu released the most widespread Vita hack, called Henkaku, for firmware 3.60. Sony, of course, quickly updated their firmware and fixed part of the initial exploit. In that time, we've had multiple releases from various developers, spanning from simple Retroarch ports by the libretro team, to OpenGL accelerated homebrew by Rinnegatamante, to NoNpDRM and Adrenaline by TheFlow.

And now, TheFlow has announced that he's successfully found a full chain exploit for 3.67 on the Vita! Of course, there's a catch; it won't be released any time soon. With university beginning once again for TheFlow, he simply won't have enough time to fully finish the exploit so it's user-ready for all. In the meantime, TheFlow has announced he may be able to port Henkaku Enso to 3.65, available only for users already on 3.60 and Henkaku.

This is tremendous news for the Vita scene, one of the biggest wants from the community since Henkaku released and Sony updated the firmware with new keys has been the ability to play 3.61+ games, and now it appears it may come quicker than the years most thought! While we may have to wait a year or more for the release, it's still great to hear there's hope for the future.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Shame there's no release coming but hey it's promising. I got a buddy who's regretted modding their vita cause they wanted to play higher FW games so that'd be very nice for him.

D

Deleted User

because theflow said he tries to Port Henkaku to 3.65 and works after university on 3.67
not quite right.

"[3/3] The only thing I can do sooner is to port enso to 3.65 that you will be able to install from 3.60 (if and only if I have got time). The thing is university starts tomorrow again, so I will NOT have alot of time for the scene. Don't push me. See ya"

that means he ports it to 3.65 BUT(!) you cant install it on 3.65! you need 3.60 to install it to be used on 3.65.
so let him update to 3.67 probably... because 3.65 does not work out for him anyway as you need 3.60 to install the port of enso 3.65 ^^
quite tricky... ^^

Last edited by ,

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Vita and a 3DS and although the 3DS's game library is superior, I love playing the Vita. The OLED screen is gorgeous and while there may not be the extensive titles the 3DS has, it also now has emulator support which lets you play tons of the old games through the OLED - there really is no better way to play them if you love visual fidelity.

Reactions: Tomdoes

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a Vita and a 3DS and although the 3DS's game library is superior, I love playing the Vita. The OLED screen is gorgeous and while there may not be the extensive titles the 3DS has, it also now has emulator support which lets you play tons of the old games through the OLED - there really is no better way to play them if you love visual fidelity.
And I mean, it's also essentially a PSP, and the PSP had a fuckload of homebrew and great games.

Reactions: GunzOfNavarone

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great, so many games I'd like to play on 3.61+, though the switch will be cracked wide open before any more progress is made lol.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rest in Pepperoni dude, if your family share same account for ps4/ps3, all ur digital contents are screwed too
He had the same account in his PS4 with his PS Plus and a few digital games.

I actually warned him against playing online since Henkaku and spoofing became a thing, but him being 15 years old of course didn't listen.

Anyways he is too entertained with his Switch, Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart these days.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What?

Persona 4 Golden
Tearaway
Hotline Miami
Rogue Legacy
Steins;gate
Danganropa series
Zero Escape series
Gravity Rush
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Trails series
Atelier series
Tales series
Freedom Wars
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Muramasa
Countless VNs and JRPGs

Thats just, you know, his opinion.

Reactions: zfreeman
D

Deleted User

i hope my plugins and homebrew dont break since nonpdrm and vitashell had to be ported

Burrito707

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For those unaware, approximately a year and a half ago, developer yifan lu released the most widespread Vita hack, called Henkaku, for firmware 3.60. Sony, of course, quickly updated their firmware and fixed part of the initial exploit. In that time, we've had multiple releases from various developers, spanning from simple Retroarch ports by the libretro team, to OpenGL accelerated homebrew by Rinnegatamante, to NoNpDRM and Adrenaline by TheFlow.

And now, TheFlow has announced that he's successfully found a full chain exploit for 3.67 on the Vita! Of course, there's a catch; it won't be released any time soon. With university beginning once again for TheFlow, he simply won't have enough time to fully finish the exploit so it's user-ready for all. In the meantime, TheFlow has announced he may be able to port Henkaku Enso to 3.65, available only for users already on 3.60 and Henkaku.

This is tremendous news for the Vita scene, one of the biggest wants from the community since Henkaku released and Sony updated the firmware with new keys has been the ability to play 3.61+ games, and now it appears it may come quicker than the years most thought! While we may have to wait a year or more for the release, it's still great to hear there's hope for the future.

You sir are a God amongst men............ :bow:

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not bad i just want emulators and PSP Games and PS one games on my vita....

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What?

Persona 4 Golden
Tearaway
Hotline Miami
Rogue Legacy
Steins;gate
Danganropa series
Zero Escape series
Gravity Rush
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Trails series
Atelier series
Tales series
Freedom Wars
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Muramasa
Countless VNs and JRPGs
The same can be said about the switch and look how everyone is defending it.

The vita has several exclusive titles, if said titles aren't for you is another matter.
I think most of the people who say the Vita has no games either don't have one or haven't used it in years. Yeah, there are a lot of JRPGs (there are also monster hunter style action RPGs) and visual novels, but that's different from not having any games. If those aren't for you then whatever but it's still a number of games, and plenty of them are solid too. Those aren't the only things on it either, they just get the most attention.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro