Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Megaupload
Rapidshare
Mediafire
Qshare

Hello...I don't know if I'll be posting here all the time, but I just spent a bunch of time on this and I am sure some people here would love it (I believe someone was asking if such a thing was possible in one of the 'dream hack' threads). I have been playing the game a ton, and thought it'd be fun to have some of the remixed music to listen to while playing.
happy.gif
From my readme:

The World Ends With You -Alternate Mix- v1 for US Version
------------------
This hack replaces several of the songs with remixes found on the Subarashiki Kono Sekai + The World Ends with You album.
These currently include (original name on the left, remix name on the right):

Calling --> Calling -1960s-
Deja Vu --> Deja Vu -Discoteque-
Transformation --> Transformation -Transformed-
Long Dream --> Long Dream -1980s-

Note that the in-game descriptions are still the same...it's 2 AM and I don't feel like finding the text.
tongue.gif
The music is the
cool part anyway. This hack is for the US version only...it may work on the European version, but I'm fairly certain it
won't work with the Japanese version. Anything other than a US ROM is completely untested and probably won't work. Also, the
only editing I have done to the music is to cut it up so it would loop right (argh, Calling was a pain to loop).
wink.gif

To answer some quick questions, I won't be taking requests, but I might do more remixes eventually. There are several more on the album that I could use.
smile.gif
Also, it is a PPF format patch, so you can use any of the number of PPF programs such as PPF-O-Matic to patch the ROM. Make sure you apply the patch to a clean, UNTRIMMED ROM. I haven't done EXTENSIVE testing, but I have tried all the songs on my Supercard DS ONE, and played a little bit and it seems to work just fine. I don't anticipate problems with any of the flashcarts, but I have no idea on compatibility. Let me know what you think, and also if it doesn't work for you.

Treflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet
biggrin.gif
I'll try this once I get back from vacation and have fast internet xP I also experimented with replacing TWEWY music. By the way, what program do you use to loop your .adx files?

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sounds pretty cool bro ill try it later but dont use rapidshare......it sucks and your mediafire link isnt working.

9thSage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Treflex said:
Sweet
biggrin.gif
I'll try this once I get back from vacation and have fast internet xP I also experimented with replacing TWEWY music. By the way, what program do you use to loop your .adx files?

A combination of the CRI Freeware ADX Encoder, HCS' videogame stream playing Winamp plug-in, and Windows Calculator. The ADX encoder counts the song's time in samples, rather than the actual time, so I used the Winamp plug-in to figure out how many samples things were. The songs with non-looping intros were slightly trickier to figure out, but I ended up doing this...I would save the whole WAV, then just the intro, and just everything after it. I'd encode the intro to ADX, then encode the rest of it to ADX, and then load them into Winamp to compare how many samples they had (you can see this with in_cube by choosing file info on ADX files)...subtract intro from the rest of it, and you have the sample the loop should start on.
smile.gif
Usually I'd encode the WAV I saved for the whole thing too, to get the total number of samples (which I would plug in as where the loop ends), then re-encode it with the correct loop start and loop end numbers. thankfully ADX encoding doesn't seem to take long. Tracks with no intro are a bit more straightforward...the starting sample of the loop can just be 0 then.

Oh, and for looping with the encoder I used, anyhow, the command -lps denotes where the loop starts, and -lpe, where the loop ends.

9thSage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apb407 said:
sounds pretty cool bro ill try it later but dont use rapidshare......it sucks and your mediafire link isnt working.

Yeah, I know some people don't like Rapidshare...wasn't aware mediafire wasn't working though. I've put up another Mediafire link (this one seems to work), and Megaupload, as another alternative.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I would love to download this, and maybe even try this myself...

However, I was going to ask you if you could please upload to Qshare or File factory, I cant DL from any of those other sites
wacko.gif

Satosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a question. I enjoy having an undub of the game, but I want to try out this music patch. Which files in the rom change, so I can only copy them over to my undub?

9thSage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satosan said:
I've got a question. I enjoy having an undub of the game, but I want to try out this music patch. Which files in the rom change, so I can only copy them over to my undub?

Those should be...

Bz01.adx
Bz07.adx
F02.adx
F07.adx

Make sure you use NitroExplorer to insert them. NDStop system probably won't work as I'm pretty sure the files aren't the same size as the originals (NitroExplorer actually edits the file tables, making this not a problem).

Also, FileFactory isn't working for me, for some reason, but I have added a Qshare mirror of the patch, as per request.
wink.gif

Qshare

Satosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, 9thSage. Didn't work with the Europe version I had, so I had to quickly find the USA version. Just listened to one of the new remixes, and its really awesome. Are you planning to do more?

9thSage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satosan said:
Thanks, 9thSage. Didn't work with the Europe version I had, so I had to quickly find the USA version. Just listened to one of the new remixes, and its really awesome. Are you planning to do more?

I think I might...there is a 'hard rock' remix of Twister I kinda like in the album (as well as a remix of 'Give me all your love'). Not sure which Twister to replace though...
tongue.gif

*edit*
Maybe Gang Mix, then no one can complain that I took out the english/japanese version. lol

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think it was asked, but if we have a save from the original TWEWY ROM, can we use it with this or will it just not work?

9thSage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:
Don't think it was asked, but if we have a save from the original TWEWY ROM, can we use it with this or will it just not work?
My gamesave works still, you shouldn't have a problem. All it changes are the songs themselves (and maybe the text descriptions of them eventually), none of the programming or anything is edited.

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really interesting. I don't know if this is possible, but could you provide links to where I could get these songs in a playable form for my PSP, iPod, etc? (I don't want to mess with changing formats, extraction and losing sound quality)

9thSage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anorhc said:
This is really interesting. I don't know if this is possible, but could you provide links to where I could get these songs in a playable form for my PSP, iPod, etc? (I don't want to mess with changing formats, extraction and losing sound quality)

Ah...I don't think you're supposed to post music albums to the forum (going by what it says in the rules).

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
9thSage said:
Treflex said:
Sweet
biggrin.gif

A combination of the CRI Freeware ADX Encoder, HCS' videogame stream playing Winamp plug-in, and Windows Calculator. The ADX encoder counts the song's time in samples, rather than the actual time, so I used the Winamp plug-in to figure out how many samples things were. The songs with non-looping intros were slightly trickier to figure out, but I ended up doing this...I would save the whole WAV, then just the intro, and just everything after it. I'd encode the intro to ADX, then encode the rest of it to ADX, and then load them into Winamp to compare how many samples they had (you can see this with in_cube by choosing file info on ADX files)...subtract intro from the rest of it, and you have the sample the loop should start on.
smile.gif
Usually I'd encode the WAV I saved for the whole thing too, to get the total number of samples (which I would plug in as where the loop ends), then re-encode it with the correct loop start and loop end numbers. thankfully ADX encoding doesn't seem to take long. Tracks with no intro are a bit more straightforward...the starting sample of the loop can just be 0 then.

Oh, and for looping with the encoder I used, anyhow, the command -lps denotes where the loop starts, and -lpe, where the loop ends.

I figured thats how you'd do it, but what tool do you use to modify the ADX files to actually have the loop points. Is it some kind of command line option to the ADX encoder? Maybe I need a new version of the encoder as mine is pretty old, got a link to the latest freeware version?

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
could you by any chance tell us where you got the songs from if it is not illegal? Also rapidshare is super slow i got 50 kb from that and 700 kb from almost every other site

9thSage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apb407 said:
could you by any chance tell us where you got the songs from if it is not illegal? Also rapidshare is super slow i got 50 kb from that and 700 kb from almost every other site

I imported the CD from PlayAsia, so... :wtf:

QUOTE(TSPhoenix @ Aug 10 2008, 10:42 PM) I figured thats how you'd do it, but what tool do you use to modify the ADX files to actually have the loop points. Is it some kind of command line option to the ADX encoder? Maybe I need a new version of the encoder as mine is pretty old, got a link to the latest freeware version?

You add the loop points in the encoding...with the version I have, the parameter -lps*** (** being the number of samples) tells it where the loop starts, and -lpe*** tells it where the loop ends. I can't remember where I found it (it was really hard to find for some reason) but here is a MediaFire link to it. It reports that it is version 4.61, is it different than what you have?

ADXencd

By the way...you'll probably need to edit the audio files up a bit in an audio editor so that they loop well (Soundforge in my case, though I'm sure there is something that is freeware that would work just as well). If you were to use a full length song, I think you'd go over the size of the ROM easily...not sure what would happen then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.