The World Ends With You -Alternate Mix-

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by 9thSage, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2008
  1. 9thSage
    OP

Member 9thSage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Megaupload
    Rapidshare
    Mediafire
    Qshare

Hello...I don't know if I'll be posting here all the time, but I just spent a bunch of time on this and I am sure some people here would love it (I believe someone was asking if such a thing was possible in one of the 'dream hack' threads). I have been playing the game a ton, and thought it'd be fun to have some of the remixed music to listen to while playing. [​IMG] From my readme:

The World Ends With You -Alternate Mix- v1 for US Version
    ------------------
    This hack replaces several of the songs with remixes found on the Subarashiki Kono Sekai + The World Ends with You album.
    These currently include (original name on the left, remix name on the right):

Calling --> Calling -1960s-
    Deja Vu --> Deja Vu -Discoteque-
    Transformation --> Transformation -Transformed-
    Long Dream --> Long Dream -1980s-

Note that the in-game descriptions are still the same...it's 2 AM and I don't feel like finding the text. [​IMG] The music is the
    cool part anyway. This hack is for the US version only...it may work on the European version, but I'm fairly certain it
    won't work with the Japanese version. Anything other than a US ROM is completely untested and probably won't work. Also, the
    only editing I have done to the music is to cut it up so it would loop right (argh, Calling was a pain to loop). [​IMG]

To answer some quick questions, I won't be taking requests, but I might do more remixes eventually. There are several more on the album that I could use. [​IMG] Also, it is a PPF format patch, so you can use any of the number of PPF programs such as PPF-O-Matic to patch the ROM. Make sure you apply the patch to a clean, UNTRIMMED ROM. I haven't done EXTENSIVE testing, but I have tried all the songs on my Supercard DS ONE, and played a little bit and it seems to work just fine. I don't anticipate problems with any of the flashcarts, but I have no idea on compatibility. Let me know what you think, and also if it doesn't work for you.

2. Treflex

Member Treflex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sweet [​IMG] I'll try this once I get back from vacation and have fast internet xP I also experimented with replacing TWEWY music. By the way, what program do you use to loop your .adx files?

3. apb407

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    sounds pretty cool bro ill try it later but dont use rapidshare......it sucks and your mediafire link isnt working.

4. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    nice hack. This is the first step to making it read from a folder on your microSD.

5. 9thSage
    OP

United States
    A combination of the CRI Freeware ADX Encoder, HCS' videogame stream playing Winamp plug-in, and Windows Calculator. The ADX encoder counts the song's time in samples, rather than the actual time, so I used the Winamp plug-in to figure out how many samples things were. The songs with non-looping intros were slightly trickier to figure out, but I ended up doing this...I would save the whole WAV, then just the intro, and just everything after it. I'd encode the intro to ADX, then encode the rest of it to ADX, and then load them into Winamp to compare how many samples they had (you can see this with in_cube by choosing file info on ADX files)...subtract intro from the rest of it, and you have the sample the loop should start on. [​IMG] Usually I'd encode the WAV I saved for the whole thing too, to get the total number of samples (which I would plug in as where the loop ends), then re-encode it with the correct loop start and loop end numbers. thankfully ADX encoding doesn't seem to take long. Tracks with no intro are a bit more straightforward...the starting sample of the loop can just be 0 then.

Oh, and for looping with the encoder I used, anyhow, the command -lps denotes where the loop starts, and -lpe, where the loop ends.

6. 9thSage
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I know some people don't like Rapidshare...wasn't aware mediafire wasn't working though. I've put up another Mediafire link (this one seems to work), and Megaupload, as another alternative.

7. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    I would love to download this, and maybe even try this myself...

However, I was going to ask you if you could please upload to Qshare or File factory, I cant DL from any of those other sites [​IMG]

8. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Nice. Now I might play the game again.

9. Satosan

Newcomer Satosan Member

South Africa
    I've got a question. I enjoy having an undub of the game, but I want to try out this music patch. Which files in the rom change, so I can only copy them over to my undub?

10. 9thSage
    OP

United States
    Those should be...

Bz01.adx
    Bz07.adx
    F02.adx
    F07.adx

Make sure you use NitroExplorer to insert them. NDStop system probably won't work as I'm pretty sure the files aren't the same size as the originals (NitroExplorer actually edits the file tables, making this not a problem).

Also, FileFactory isn't working for me, for some reason, but I have added a Qshare mirror of the patch, as per request. [​IMG]
    Qshare

11. Satosan

Newcomer Satosan Member

South Africa
    Thanks, 9thSage. Didn't work with the Europe version I had, so I had to quickly find the USA version. Just listened to one of the new remixes, and its really awesome. Are you planning to do more?

12. 9thSage
    OP

United States
    I think I might...there is a 'hard rock' remix of Twister I kinda like in the album (as well as a remix of 'Give me all your love'). Not sure which Twister to replace though... [​IMG]
    *edit*
    Maybe Gang Mix, then no one can complain that I took out the english/japanese version. lol

13. DarkMario616

Member DarkMario616 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Don't think it was asked, but if we have a save from the original TWEWY ROM, can we use it with this or will it just not work?

14. 9thSage
    OP

United States
    My gamesave works still, you shouldn't have a problem. All it changes are the songs themselves (and maybe the text descriptions of them eventually), none of the programming or anything is edited.

15. Anorhc

Member Anorhc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is really interesting. I don't know if this is possible, but could you provide links to where I could get these songs in a playable form for my PSP, iPod, etc? (I don't want to mess with changing formats, extraction and losing sound quality)

16. 9thSage
    OP

United States
    Ah...I don't think you're supposed to post music albums to the forum (going by what it says in the rules).

17. TSPhoenix

Member TSPhoenix GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I figured thats how you'd do it, but what tool do you use to modify the ADX files to actually have the loop points. Is it some kind of command line option to the ADX encoder? Maybe I need a new version of the encoder as mine is pretty old, got a link to the latest freeware version?

18. apb407

United States
    could you by any chance tell us where you got the songs from if it is not illegal? Also rapidshare is super slow i got 50 kb from that and 700 kb from almost every other site

19. 9thSage
    OP

United States
    You add the loop points in the encoding...with the version I have, the parameter -lps*** (** being the number of samples) tells it where the loop starts, and -lpe*** tells it where the loop ends. I can't remember where I found it (it was really hard to find for some reason) but here is a MediaFire link to it. It reports that it is version 4.61, is it different than what you have?

ADXencd

By the way...you'll probably need to edit the audio files up a bit in an audio editor so that they loop well (Soundforge in my case, though I'm sure there is something that is freeware that would work just as well). If you were to use a full length song, I think you'd go over the size of the ROM easily...not sure what would happen then.

20. apb407

United States
    NM i got it already cool nice hack though good job

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.