ROM Hack The Wizard of Oz - Beyond the Yellow Brick Road [D-PAD Patch!!

TFDELTA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, can anyone make a "d-pad" patch (like the phantom Hourglass button-hack) for play tihis fantastic game WITHOUT the Fucker/Sucker/Lamer Stylus and Touchscreen?

blink.gif
blink.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, but:
1. What's a button hack program?
2. IPS is outdated (and only supports up to 4MB). It's better to use UPS (tsukuyomi UPS pwns)
3. I doubt someone will make a patch. If someone really wants to use the D-Pad, the hack will probably show up in the Cheat Database.

TFDELTA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mmm... about 2 years ago, a "hack-team" maked a patch (button-hack) for use Link from Phantom Hourglass with the D-Pad. The "trackball" is a HOLYSHIT, the classic control is simply the best.
They should make a new patch for the Wizard of Oz and others FANTASTIC 3D-RPG-Epic games who has been fucked off by the stupid idea of a ONLY Touchpad option for play

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dpad hack works great. I like the trackball controls as well, but for those who hate them, you'll like the dpad hack. It's a cheat over at elixir's forums and you'll have to make the file yourself. The only issue is that it still moves you around after you release the button, but Y is the all purpose brake. You'll still have to use the touch screen to navigate menus and make selections though, the dpad cheat only makes you move around the world. There's not a full button hack for it.

I will admit that the trackball controls were unneeded. Dpad would have worked just fine. There was not a really good purpose to make the game all touch controlled, when it would have played perfectly with the buttons. Touch controls are fine as another option, but i prefer buttons whenever the touch screen doesn't enhance the game.

TFDELTA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jeje *clap, clap*
biggrin.gif
I'll add the cheat to my database but I have a new doubt: already exists a *.exe file or program to patch the rom? (No cheat needed)

Thanks, I use the "Huertas" Spanish Cheat Database from EOL (obsolet so...), and it has new and "homemade" cheats maked by itself

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
granville said:
I will admit that the trackball controls were unneeded. Dpad would have worked just fine. There was not a really good purpose to make the game all touch controlled, when it would have played perfectly with the buttons. Touch controls are fine as another option, but i prefer buttons whenever the touch screen doesn't enhance the game.

I think only other kind of games can use the controls in the touch screen (as meteos did), or TWEWY. But hardly an RPG could take advantage of this kind of controls.

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
man so many ppl hate the touch screen controls when they're awesome , there should be more games that use that touch screen in the DS or is this just to show off

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shineek said:
man so many ppl hate the touch screen controls when they're awesome , there should be more games that use that touch screen in the DS or is this just to show off
Yeah I agree with you, seems funny to me to get a DS and moan about the touchscreen. Some games really didn't need it like WWE but I've got no problem with this game or most others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat