ROM Hack Discussion The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt General Hacking

dometery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I can tell the switch version cannot compile scripts, It only accepts cooked scripts (pre-compiled). Thinking of ways to get around this issue

Correct me if I am wrong but Skyrim also had pre-compiled mods/scripts? Does this mean someone is going to have to pre-compile all the mods in order for them to work?

Hairy-Breeks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So ReverseNX says it is enabled and so does sys-clk. How do I know if both are working in handheld mode?
When launching the game, should come up with a confirm controller section, as it would on docked.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a simple guide how to use ReverseNX and SysClk for sxos?
Yes I would appreciate this aswell.

please mate could anybody help us with this.

Aussie Aussie oi oi oi

thanks mate
https://gbatemp.net/threads/reversenx-flag-your-console-as-handheld-or-docked.543625/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/overclock-sx-os.547569/

MAKE SURE TO THOROUGHLY READ EACH THREAD AS INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS AND SPECIFIC SUPPORT IS PROVIDED ON BOTH

Above is links to what you need and discussions on how they work. Install the files on the root of your SD card. To use, you need to go through homebrew menu. To do this, activate a game and hold R while it's launching. Select sys-clk, a menu should appear, click enable from first menu. Will then have to manually adjust overclock by selecting title id section and looking for Witcher 3. Select Witcher 3 and adjust clocks accordingly.
Reverse NX is similar. Launch from homebrew menu and will come up with it's own menu. You have two options. System-wide flags or individual title flags. To access both, it will give instructions on the menu. Recommended is individual title mode. Enable docked-flag, press button for exit, then launch Witcher 3. Will have to repeat this process every time, unless you choose system wide option.

Very bad description, but if you need further help, I'll try my best.

Last edited by Hairy-Breeks,

Bigkahuna28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the switcher on the switch

some options crash game

Attachments

• 2019101119000900-1BB2CE368C4381D1A5EF7A2C59901B8F.jpg
    2019101119000900-1BB2CE368C4381D1A5EF7A2C59901B8F.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 311
  • 2019101119225400-1BB2CE368C4381D1A5EF7A2C59901B8F.jpg
    2019101119225400-1BB2CE368C4381D1A5EF7A2C59901B8F.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 268

Hairy-Breeks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
From what I understood, the overclocks that are sufficent for ReverseNX are only achievable when charging.... or something. Are you always charging your device while playing?
For the most bang for your buck, yes, the highest overclocks are only achieved while charging. But you can play around with lower clocks to variable results.

the switcher on the switch

some options crash game
Could you link that settings file? Would be interested to play around with it.

Reactions: Instandhaltung

thuggothic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When launching the game, should come up with a confirm controller section, as it would on docked.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/reversenx-flag-your-console-as-handheld-or-docked.543625/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/overclock-sx-os.547569/

MAKE SURE TO THOROUGHLY READ EACH THREAD AS INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS AND SPECIFIC SUPPORT IS PROVIDED ON BOTH

Above is links to what you need and discussions on how they work. Install the files on the root of your SD card. To use, you need to go through homebrew menu. To do this, activate a game and hold R while it's launching. Select sys-clk, a menu should appear, click enable from first menu. Will then have to manually adjust overclock by selecting title id section and looking for Witcher 3. Select Witcher 3 and adjust clocks accordingly.
Reverse NX is similar. Launch from homebrew menu and will come up with it's own menu. You have two options. System-wide flags or individual title flags. To access both, it will give instructions on the menu. Recommended is individual title mode. Enable docked-flag, press button for exit, then launch Witcher 3. Will have to repeat this process every time, unless you choose system wide option.

Very bad description, but if you need further help, I'll try my best.

Ty much

Reactions: Hairy-Breeks

Hairy-Breeks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Recommended settings with Witcher 3 in SysClk?
I personally overclock gpu to the 800 option and everything else maxed. Best to play around though with it, playing with the highest gpu overclock means fans are doing overtime, but will also lead to performance.

thuggothic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally overclock gpu to the 800 option and everything else maxed. Best to play around though with it, playing with the highest gpu overclock means fans are doing overtime, but will also lead to performance.

Awesome ty again..

One last question, is it normal to hear a loud'ish' fan while playing while charging?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol