Discussion The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt General Hacking

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by zkitX, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    Framerate would probably be unstable as hell to even bother. It was already a marvel that this game was even possible on the switch.

Melonbear likes this.
  2. yamato123

yamato123 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2019
    United States
    hi newbie here, just curious, i already have reverse nx on my switch and kip folder on my Switch but it display software error when i launch the game. can you share step by step how you activate 720p on handheld mode using reverse nx? thanks in advance sir

3. Hairy-Breeks

Hairy-Breeks Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2019
    Australia
    Launch Reverse NX through the homebrew menu. If you're not sure, the way to doo it is to launch a game you have installed and hold R trigger. Active docked flag in menu of Reverse NX, meaning it will be applied to the game you play first after you do this. You could also do it system wide, but not recommended.
    Then that's it, launch Witcher 3 and you should be right to go. Way to know if it's working is if a controller option comes up as the game loads. Make sure you also have a high overclock.

RahFah likes this.
  4. yamato123

yamato123 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2019
    United States
    i see, may i know how you set high overclock? because i never set high overclock to my switch (preferably using overclock setting) btw thank you so much sir.

5. Hairy-Breeks

Hairy-Breeks Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2019
    Australia
    You either need to install freebird or sys-clock. Both you can find on this forum or the homebrew section. Sys-clock is recommended to install the editor section for easy individual overclock. i'll link you a complete package recently posted :https://gbatemp.net/threads/overclock-sx-os.547569/

6. Maverick81PL

Maverick81PL GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2013
    Poland
    Bojanice, Walbrzych, Poland
    Waiting for polish files with polish language because game dont have that :-/ WTF is polish game!

7. scroeffie1984
    This message by scroeffie1984 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 11, 2019, Reason: Asking for warez.
    Oct 11, 2019
  8. masagrator

masagrator The developper

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Only Polish release has Polish language. :P

9. yamato123

yamato123 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2019
    United States
    thank you so much sir, that's really helpful. i will give it a try

10. Maverick81PL

Maverick81PL GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2013
    Poland
    Bojanice, Walbrzych, Poland
    I checked and no, polish version dont have polish language on switch :-/
    Only mod will help here...

11. Lexarenas

Lexarenas Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2019
    Colombia
    How do I transfer my game from PC to NSW?

12. masagrator

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Check titleid. It should have 010039400E8D6000 for Polish version

13. LordRahl72
    This message by LordRahl72 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 11, 2019, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Oct 11, 2019
  14. ewgee

ewgee Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2019
    Russia
    Please tell me how the voice file is called?

15. masagrator

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    For english it's ennx.w3speech

16. ewgee
    This message by ewgee has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 11, 2019, Reason: Non English.
    Oct 11, 2019
  17. ewgee

ewgee Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2019
    Russia
    А как распаковать без файла тика?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And how to unpack without a tik file?

18. zkitX
    OP

zkitX Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2017
    United States

Attached Files:

19. w00dey

w00dey Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    Hungary
    I managed to get the Hungarian text working. You have to put all w3strings files from the pc version which is in your case would be pl.w3strings, all of them found in content and dlc into atmosphere/titles/01003D100E9C6000/romfs/.
    Also you have to keep the folder structure of the pc version, but be aware that on pc the DLC folders are uppercase while the switch version has lowercase folders. You have to change them to lowercase. I don't know if the soundfiles are possible to mod it to the switch version this way, sound files have been compressed differently on the switch. I would test it, but unfortunately I don't have access to the polish soundfiles, steam doesn't download them in my pc version.

Last edited by w00dey, Oct 11, 2019
    RahFah likes this.
  20. ewgee

ewgee Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2019
    Russia
    voice acting with pc perfectly clings

21. zkitX
    OP

zkitX Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    I got strings to load for mods, I'm currently working on getting scripts to compile/load.

[​IMG]

22. Gamerxxx

Gamerxxx GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2018
    Chile
    Can you share the save data please?

23. Yuubah

Yuubah Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2019
    Canada
    Sorry, is there a guide or steps on how to transfer a PC save to switch via checkpoint? Do I just rename the file name?

Cosmic_Link likes this.
  24. Jethozo

Jethozo Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Dig out your .sav and corresponding .png save file from your pc (wherever they may be), then import them into Checkpoint save manager on Switch. To do this you'll need to start the game at least once so Checkpoint creates a Witcher folder, find that folder on the SD card and stick the files in it. Checkpoint should find them. Then restore the saves and bingo! My mid-heart of stone save worked perfectly.

As an aside, it looks and plays amazingly with an overclock and reverseNX. Massively impressed!

Last edited by Jethozo, Oct 11, 2019
  25. andzalot55

andzalot55 I'm very delicious. mmmm.

Nov 14, 2014
    Canada
    Mc Donalds.
    This looks interesting. So I assume I just create the romfs folder under the games titleID and put my mods in the romfs folder and it would work, right?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted