ROM Hack Discussion The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt General Hacking

yamato123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi newbie here, just curious, i already have reverse nx on my switch and kip folder on my Switch but it display software error when i launch the game. can you share step by step how you activate 720p on handheld mode using reverse nx? thanks in advance sir

Hairy-Breeks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi newbie here, just curious, i already have reverse nx on my switch and kip folder on my Switch but it display software error when i launch the game. can you share step by step how you activate 720p on handheld mode using reverse nx? thanks in advance sir
Launch Reverse NX through the homebrew menu. If you're not sure, the way to doo it is to launch a game you have installed and hold R trigger. Active docked flag in menu of Reverse NX, meaning it will be applied to the game you play first after you do this. You could also do it system wide, but not recommended.
Then that's it, launch Witcher 3 and you should be right to go. Way to know if it's working is if a controller option comes up as the game loads. Make sure you also have a high overclock.

Reactions: RahFah

yamato123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launch Reverse NX through the homebrew menu. If you're not sure, the way to doo it is to launch a game you have installed and hold R trigger. Active docked flag in menu of Reverse NX, meaning it will be applied to the game you play first after you do this. You could also do it system wide, but not recommended.
Then that's it, launch Witcher 3 and you should be right to go. Way to know if it's working is if a controller option comes up as the game loads. Make sure you also have a high overclock.

i see, may i know how you set high overclock? because i never set high overclock to my switch (preferably using overclock setting) btw thank you so much sir.

Hairy-Breeks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i see, may i know how you set high overclock? because i never set high overclock to my switch (preferably using overclock setting) btw thank you so much sir.
You either need to install freebird or sys-clock. Both you can find on this forum or the homebrew section. Sys-clock is recommended to install the editor section for easy individual overclock. i'll link you a complete package recently posted :https://gbatemp.net/threads/overclock-sx-os.547569/

yamato123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ewgee

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
А как распаковать без файла тика?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And how to unpack without a tik file?

w00dey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I checked and no, polish version dont have polish language on switch :-/
Only mod will help here...

I managed to get the Hungarian text working. You have to put all w3strings files from the pc version which is in your case would be pl.w3strings, all of them found in content and dlc into atmosphere/titles/01003D100E9C6000/romfs/.
Also you have to keep the folder structure of the pc version, but be aware that on pc the DLC folders are uppercase while the switch version has lowercase folders. You have to change them to lowercase. I don't know if the soundfiles are possible to mod it to the switch version this way, sound files have been compressed differently on the switch. I would test it, but unfortunately I don't have access to the polish soundfiles, steam doesn't download them in my pc version.

Last edited by w00dey,
Reactions: RahFah

zkitX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got strings to load for mods, I'm currently working on getting scripts to compile/load.

j4rg.jpg

Jethozo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, is there a guide or steps on how to transfer a PC save to switch via checkpoint? Do I just rename the file name?
Dig out your .sav and corresponding .png save file from your pc (wherever they may be), then import them into Checkpoint save manager on Switch. To do this you'll need to start the game at least once so Checkpoint creates a Witcher folder, find that folder on the SD card and stick the files in it. Checkpoint should find them. Then restore the saves and bingo! My mid-heart of stone save worked perfectly.

As an aside, it looks and plays amazingly with an overclock and reverseNX. Massively impressed!

Last edited by Jethozo,

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This looks interesting. So I assume I just create the romfs folder under the games titleID and put my mods in the romfs folder and it would work, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."