Homebrew The Wii U Homebrew Request Thread

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what i thought, but the board is actually used to navigate the menus from what i can tell. that being said, i havent been able to find any saves for wii fit u to actually try that. there appears to be a request on the wii u saves thread that is exactly that. a game mod could also solve this but i dont know the first thing about that.
i could of sworn there is some pc application that emulating a balance board but maybe im just trippin does hiv-pad support balance board idk i don use it

timestopMachinist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i could of sworn there is some pc application that emulating a balance board but maybe im just trippin does hiv-pad support balance board idk i don use it
i checked hidtovpad and it seems like you can only map to gamepad and pro controllers 1-4, unless im missing something. i put in a suggestion there as well. i couldnt find anything about emulating the board, although someone did ask about it.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a screen recording app a screen shot wup exist and ive gotten confirmation from quark that the read write is possible if it has good encoding

slider86

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What would be really helpful is if starting out having a tutorial library for each path you can take to hack the system and adding other apps.

Archerg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is a bit of a long shot, but since the Wii U handles GBA and DS games so well, would there ever be a simple file converter app on the console side? With the DS for example, It extracts the save from the DS VC and renames it for you, and when importing the save it renames the file and deletes the save state automatically. Or for the GBA vc it would export the save file and trim the hex padding and vice versa. It would make a great way to seamlessly transition from a DS to a Wii U for an almost Switch-like experience. Just a thought or suggestion.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Since Ocarina of Time decompilation is now released officially I wonder if a Wii U port is on the way, Mario 64 got a Wii U port and it ran 10 times better than the official VC version.

The team are already working on decombiling a bunch of other N64 titles from Mario Kart 64 and Mario Party 3 to Perfect Dark and Yoshi’s Story although one project I’m most certainly interested in the most is Banjo kazooie with it being 50% complete, I really hope to see that come to Wii U, it’s a game I’ve always been curious to play.

Reactions: GaryOderNichts

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
FIRST IT WOULD BE NICE IF ALL WHAT ARE CONSIDERED "BUGS " or STUPID THINGS NOT/OR DONE BY NINTENDO on the WIIU were CORRECTED:
- Be Able to Play WII Games with GAMEPAD any Time!!
- Be Able to SHUTDOWN WIIU, Whenever you set it off, A wiiU that NEVER FREEZES and accepts any shutdown from remote
- Be able to have same thing on menu Screen and your TV AND GAMEPAD at the same time, No Two screen mode, just one screen like on the wii and controllable TV screen with the gamepad, If I have the gamepad in HAND and look the screen, I must put the menu on the Gamepad screen to control, that is a kind of "BUG".
- Be able to use Gamepad pro OR wiimote OR GAMEPAD whatever GAME, SOFTWARE, MENU you are....do you believe nintendo would have done a computer where you cannot use the mouse in menus or keyboard in games?? The wiiu is very nice but Bullshitted because of this having to change control very often!!

Reactions: Moobaks

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps an app that can determine the condition of the NAND? How many bad blocks/wear/etc? Perhaps it isn't even possible but I remember doing dumps of the Wii NAND and there was a block map showing where the bad blocks were. Being that Nintendo used cheaper NAND for a lot of the WiiU, I doubt such information is even possible, but I thought I would ask. :)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grand Theft Auto 3, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, And Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Port to Nintendo Wii U Since Re3 and ReVC Are Gone.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Hartigan26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just finished "Assassin's Creed Black Flag" for the 2nd time. I don't know what work it means to adapt the "Freedom Cry" DLC on this console, and if it's even possible.
I like to think that we take the files from the PC version, and presto: copy/paste :grog:

Otherwise, it looks like I'm not the only one waiting for San Andreas, do you think someone will adapt it on our console like GTA 3 and Vice City ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: is that really you???