Homebrew The Wii U Homebrew Request Thread

connrrr

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is anyone taking a look into patching cafe2wii to fix the overscan issues with the vWii's video output? Because that would be my number one homebrew solution request for this console.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone taking a look into patching cafe2wii to fix the overscan issues with the vWii's video output? Because that would be my number one homebrew solution request for this console.
Hmmm? I've never heard of that issue explain more

connrrr

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm? I've never heard of that issue explain more
vWii mode has scaling and overscan issues that are actually worse if you set the console to 480p, get better at 1080p but are never gone. Patching a process running in the Wii U's coprocessor IOS called "cafe2wii" might be able to fix this (it might be something else like the DMCU which emulates the Wii's video interface—this is all just what I read from others' analyses). There's a thread here called "Fixing vWii Mode" by user PlayNeth that I want to link you to but I think it's triggering the spam filter.

Last edited by connrrr,

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like a file brwoser app similar to Wii Xplorer, I understand accessing USB in WiiU mode is probably not possible but at least I’d like one that allows me to delete/rename/copy files on SD in WiiU mode.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like a file brwoser app similar to Wii Xplorer, I understand accessing USB in WiiU mode is probably not possible but at least I’d like one that allows me to delete/rename/copy files on SD in WiiU mode.
It exist already check the homebrew app store

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
It exist already check the homebrew app store
Where? I must’ve missed it 🤔

Can't you emulate that?
It’s a PC game, there is a 3DS port but not on WiiU afaik.

Also what about a port of Yabause? There was an unofficial Wii port but it ran slow maybe that can be used as a base for vWii with overclock support?

Reactions: Jilou

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where? I must’ve missed it 🤔

It’s a PC game, there is a 3DS port but not on WiiU afaik.

Also what about a port of Yabause? There was an unofficial Wii port but it ran slow maybe that can be used as a base for vWii with overclock support?
It's called like wiiuxplorer or smth I have it downloaded from the homebrew store idk about a thread about it but yeah your right yabuse would be really cool to have imo it should be ported before a ps1/N64 Wii u side emulator cause those 2 consoles already have goon compatible while yabuse on Wii is kinda bad not being harsh to the devs just hard to emualte it on the Wii I'd imagine

Shanez1215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor one, but the ability for WUP Installer GX2 to delete games from the install folder on the SD card after installing successfully. Or if that's not possible, maybe a homebrew application that wipes SD:/install.

Reactions: RangoMcRoony

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
It's called like wiiuxplorer or smth I have it downloaded from the homebrew store idk about a thread about it but yeah your right yabuse would be really cool to have imo it should be ported before a ps1/N64 Wii u side emulator cause those 2 consoles already have goon compatible while yabuse on Wii is kinda bad not being harsh to the devs just hard to emualte it on the Wii I'd imagine
I finally got the chance to look it up and I didn’t find it, unless you’re talking about one of those FTP apps which I have no idea how to use FTP I never could because it requires changing the IP and stuff and idk how to do that, I just want a simple file manager app for WiiU that works similar to Wii Xplorer but on WiiU mode (aka with the Gamepad) even if only for the SD card just so I could copy/move/rename/delete files on the fly.

Reactions: Norris

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got the chance to look it up and I didn’t find it, unless you’re talking about one of those FTP apps which I have no idea how to use FTP I never could because it requires changing the IP and stuff and idk how to do that, I just want a simple file manager app for WiiU that works similar to Wii Xplorer but on WiiU mode (aka with the Gamepad) even if only for the SD card just so I could copy/move/rename/delete files on the fly.
I literally have a app on my Wii u that loads from the homebrew launcher I'll upload it I guess for it if for some reason your not getting it from the homebrew app store I think there's where I got it i kinda forgot it was just on my cd card one day but I'll send it to you tomorrow hopefully

Reactions: sonictopfan

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor one, but the ability for WUP Installer GX2 to delete games from the install folder on the SD card after installing successfully. Or if that's not possible, maybe a homebrew application that wipes SD:/install.
I think nusslpi has that option but also there's a file explorer

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can copy rename paste delete and veiw images

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://apps.fortheusers.org/wiiu/WiiU-Shell here it is idk why it doesn't show up on your homebrew app store just download it and put it on SD/wiiu/apps folder then load from hb launcher it can copy paste rename delete view images play audio extract zips with touch screen support and many more features are in the work!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol