Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii = Feels new even if it isnt. Hype should shut up already and let the good games flow into development already. The freaking cheap crap to ride on the hype train is really annoying. (Chicken shoot, I actually saw someone buy it. It was disgusting.) It'll get better once things die down to a more calm and cool pace. Wich tends to be how great games come about. Too much hype can kill a good console with crappy games while the devs that make the gems will run to the other consoles to hide from the crowd.
Online downlaodable games make me feel regretfull for buying games I can play already by other means. Exclusive downlaodable games may take too long to get there. Stil waiting for the return of unique arcd egame ports/remakes and the return of VR

Xbox360 = I still say it needs skateboar wheels. Multiplayer all the way. Dreamcast would be proud. Monthly cost sucks. Racing games look good. Playback support forgotten. Has no immunity to gremlins and will kill itself. Worth the cash, but not worth it if it dies. Monthly fees still suck, but its nice that ALL games run under that same fee. Unless Im missing a game or two or something. Oh and online downloadable content has had a year extra to mature so its good.

PS3 = Expensive suped up console wiht so many bells and whistles that you'll feel like you bought too much.
Controller would have been better as a bannana (the oriognal prototype) then a safe pre-built consumer base designed controller of cloning.
The d-pad is horribl and hurts for anything that isnt tapping. Its more like D-buttons. Sensitivy still feels lacking on the control sticks though ultimatly seem better than the PS2. Six axis motion controls were added as a last minute resort to meet up with the Wii. Sony is getting scared and if they dont calm down they'll lose it all in their desperate shivvering.
Take it down to four hundred bucks and I might have some interest.
The games look a bit promising aswell, but Xbox360 seems to get them ported with multiplayer support so exclusives are the only point. Most exclusives seem like PS2 remakes more than origonal games. Feels like the same old same old without the fancy bag of chips but a nice stack of unsalted crackers instead. No cheese.
It has potentoil, but needs a cheaper affordable model before it can ride on the wave of third party support the other consoles they made did.
I know the machine can do some nice CPU stuff like terrian altering like crazy and junk along with the graphics.

Pretty much the Xbox360 has the best hold still even with the crazy Wii hype.
Though the Wii is making good sales, its mostly due to crap hype riding games more than the gamer's games that seem to be a little rare.
PS3 is just expensive, Sony is too full of themselves.

Wii/nintendo is hyper
Xbox/Microsoft is calm
PS3/Sony is scared.

The two need to calm down.
The Xbox looks to be a good buy, but the Wii is a cheap fun gimmick that has alot of good chance if deved for right with the unique controls.
PS3, ya, still expensive.

Ultimitely.....

Dreamcast forever! *Runs away laughing* MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Though theres always the outside world from beyond the door..... oooooooo.... green things and oxygen!!

Console hype is stupid. Find a good game, try it a bit, buy it if ya like it, play it.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are we discussing this....again! It's all about "What do you wanna do with your playtime" isn't it?

I just like the Fun-Gimmicky-Outofthebox-Cuty stuff Nintendo is putting out. I'm a male, I also can enjoy the occasional GTA, but Nintendo consistently puts out games that makes me wanna play. No matter if it's Gamecube-style or Gameboy for that matter, it's the way the games look and feel that makes me want to go for Nintendo stuff

If I look at my friend's SERIOUS xbox(360) or playstation and the games he plays on them, it just makes me feel that stuff is not for me.

AND IT'S NOT FANBOYISM MIND YOU

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
You know when people tag their own posts as "AN ABSOLUTE MUST READ!!!!" that it's hardly going to be Shakespeare.

Any rate, half baked ramblings aside, even if you want a mainstream, traditional console competing for the best graphics the PS3 isn't the best choice at the moment (complete lack of killer apps aside), if ever.

F.E.A.R review:
QUOTE said:
"Simply put, the PS3 doesn't hold a candle to the visuals found in the Xbox 360 version -- especially considering the handful of bugs that have dead soldiers getting stuck in walls and twitching on the floor. The detailed environments and clear draw distances aren't found on PS3. If you had never seen the other versions of F.E.A.R., you still wouldn't be impressed with the PS3's graphics, but compared to the PC and 360, this version is graphically dead in the water."

GRAW2 review
QUOTE"Also, the PS3 suffers from a bit more aliasing than the Xbox 360, the colors are duller, and the frame rate struggles at times."

Now the PS3 fanboy response will be that it's because the devs can't get their head around teh awesome power yet. In which case anyone with a bit of nous will not bother buying it yet seeing as by the time that happens either the PS3 will have fallen in price or MS or Nintendo will have brought out a superior successor which doesn't looks like the bastard child of an 80s VCR.

Of course that's Catch 22, because if people are holding off buying it until devs fulfil its potential then it's not going to have much of a userbase. So developers are not going to want to put the huge amounts of time and money into getting the most out of the clunky behemoth of a dev kit or make exclusive games that could only be played on the PS3 because there won't be enough people to buy them. They'd be idiots when they could make exclusive could-only-be-done-on-this-system games for the console with the biggest userbase and lowest dev costs and then make the shiny pretty graphics games for the console with the second lowest dev costs and second highest userbase and do a half assed port to the PS3 afterwards.

D

Deleted User

QUOTE said:
however it is stated in reviews that it is 'just another GAMECUBE prime game with worse controls'I stopped reading right there.

EDIT: i read the whole thing... I dont know where to start...

How many Wiimotes/nuunchucks do you have?
My thought exactly. And where is Wii Sports (or other multiplayer titles except for that crap MP8) in your Top5 list of games? Playing Wii Sports with 2-4 people is amazing and fun! A lot more fun than it would be on any other console (at least for me and my friends).

I know that there are not as many good games for it as most people wish right now, but seriously, how long did it take the DS to be what it is now (in term of games)?

Your argumentation is almost hilarious. Just my two cents.

... and before I forget it, I do like other consoles aswell!
smile.gif

QUOTE(BlueStar @ Sep 5 2007, 10:23 AM)You know when people tag their own posts as "AN ABSOLUTE MUST READ!!!!" that it's hardly going to be Shakespeare.
QFT!

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wii sports is soooo boring these days. maybe if you could control the tennis players or the boxing was more responsive I'd play it more but I think i've out played that game. Yeah I've played it heaps with friends too.

I'm still waiting for a decent tennis or golf game
frown.gif
or boxing.

Kitsun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
localhost
XP
Country
Just want to quote a well known convo with the American Sony CEO

QUOTE said:
JT: If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1,200 bucks for it. I can get any retail buyer on the phone with you and get them to verify that there's not a single retail location in America where there's a PlayStation 3 on the shelf for sale. They've all been sold in a matter of minutes. [Editor's note: This interview took place in early January 2007.]

EGM: But we called 18 random retailers, including Best Buy and EB Games, and half of them had PS3s in stock...some had as many as 20 in the store. So you can buy them now if you wanted.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=2&cId=3158106

I also found many aspects of Baztuk's post very amusing, especially when he mentions RAM as a main comparison between consoles.

Its always obvious which console is winning because all the fanboys throw tantrums on the winning consoles forums.

IMO, take about a hundred off the PS3s price tag and I think all the consoles would be very balanced.

Blu-ray is teh new UMD!

coops024

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK ... just my 2 pence !

For me, enjoying a game has nothing to do with graphics! I own a Wii and my best mate has a PS3 We both think our machine is better than the others (as we want to convince ourselves we made the right choice !)

We both have a tennis game Mine is Wii Sports Tennis and his is Virtua Tennis 3 ..

Now Graphically his is far superior but which Tennis game do we still play more than the other ? Yep Wii Sports Tennis !

So what if my Mii doesent have any arms and his hands are just red blobs ! so what if I cant choose to be Tim Henman or Raf Nadal ! (and actually look like them) so what if the court is just green mush ! and has no grass defenition ! If I want Tennis to look good I'll watch it on TV ! If I want to PLAY tennis (but not travel to my nearest court) then I pick up my Wii remote !

Graphics dont make a game special, the game mechanics is what makes a game special. If it feels right then people will play ! That was one of the defining monments in Nintendo history when you picked up the Wii remote and realised that it works ! and it felt like you were playing tennis, bowling, golf etc.

So for me the Wii is way better than the others ... WHY ? because its fun .. I mean what makes Virtua Tennis 3 better than Virtua Tennis 2 ? ... It looks more like Tim Henman than it did before ! whoopy do !

So flame me if you like ! I dont care you know its true !

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Here's everything that SUCKS about current-gen :

Wii :
- You have to pay for roms. Tools. If Ninty asked you to pay for breathing, you probably would.
- Its games are never gonna look as good as on the other two consoles, GET THE FUCK OVER IT AND STOP COMPLAINING EVERY TIME YOU SEE A WII SCREENSHOT, PLEASE!
- At first, I thought the battery life on the wiimote sucks, but it's just my playtime that's a problem
tongue.gif

- Friend codes make no sense, but whatever.
- Lots of games have poor wiimote controls, but that's the dev's fault. And ninty's for not providing ample documentation!
- Will never have a new Metal Gear Solid.

360 :
- BROWN + BLOOM + MOAR BROWN = NEXT GEN? If I wanna see mud and shit, I'll go to the countryside, not play R6:Vegas.
- Pay for online play, LOL. Tools. If MS asked you to pay for breathing, you probably would.
- 33%
- WTF is up with the second L and R triggers? I hate those things.
- Any non-SHOOTAN GAEMZ? Oh, yeah, blue dragon. Like I need another no-lifer jRPG ever since I quit grammar school.
- WHIRRRRRRRRR, turn off that damn airplane / hoover vacuum / whatever's making noise! Oh, wait, it's the 360.
- XBLA = see wii, only it's slightly less shitty as paying for roms.

PS3 :
- Motorstorm achieves the dubious task of sucking, even though it costs three times as much to play as Excite Truck.
- 599 €
- Sixaxis is a whole bunch of lulz and fail put together. Srsly guyz, don't copy dat 'chucky. It feels like a fucking playskool toy in the hand, and the L2-R2 triggers NEED TO GO THE FUCK AWAY. I HATE THOSE THINGS.
- Soo, what games were released this week... Nope, still the same ten games out. Oh, but there are tons of movies!

Disclaimer : I own a Wii, co-own a 360 with a buddy who owns a Wii, PS3 and a home cinema rig. We're co-op FPS fags and we love to slay communists/aliens/whatever hates AMERIKUH on his big fucking screen.
The PS3 is used for blu-ray viewing. Resistance was fun. I guess.
The 360 is used for... um... we're waiting for HALO 3, tbh. BioShock wasn't worth being cracked and I lost precious bandwidth just pirating it. My condolences go to the people who spent real money on this poorly-coded piece of junk.
The Wii is our most used console. I can certainly understand the hype surrounding it. I haven't seen so many women get interested into gaming, and frankly, there haven't been many GOOD games released for ANY platform for a while, so "timeless fun" games like Wii Sports will always keep popping up at most parties.

1ns4nity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now for my 2 cents...

the Wii isnt a perfect piece of hardware. I must admit I wish all the time is has Hi-Def next-gen graphics like the PS3/360/my PC.

However...it is an experience that cant be match by any other console....its unique. Its special...and different. And thats why it sells and people play it.

I would probably say that the Wii is best enjoyed with friends....thats what it was made for
smile.gif

Back to naruto shippuuden....

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
In the last ten years I could only care for portable gaming (gb, gba, ds). I thought when I wanted to play games I wanted to play everywhere, not having to be in one room all the time. Other gaming friends thought that was strange.

The Wii is my first home console EVER. How come? It just pursuaded me due to its controls. It was soo appealing to me that I just couldn't care for portability anymore. I just had to have this. And believe me it wasn't because other people hyped the idea. The first time I heard of the "Revolution" and it's remote control I was mesmerized.

So in brief, the Wii's succes is because of the controls. Nothing else, not because of the Virtual Console games, or a new Mario game, or Wifi.... It's the controls that make people buy it.

For example a collegue of mine talked about having a modded Wii at home. Firstly she's a girl who doesn't appear to be a gamer at all, she never played games and I never expected her to have a Wii at home. I was stunned that she had it modded even
laugh.gif

JimmyJangles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
however it is stated in reviews that it is 'just another GAMECUBE prime game with worse controls'
I stopped reading right there.

Same. I don't know what reviews Baztuk is reading, because all the reviews I've seen say Prime 3 has the best controls of any Prime game and even any console FPS. Almost the same thing applies to Twilight Princess and RE4.

Wii games may not have super hi-def graphics, but at least they're a lot of fun, and you don't have to pay a fortune for the full experience.

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's everything that SUCKS about current-gen :

Wii :
- You have to pay for roms. Tools. If Ninty asked you to pay for breathing, you probably would.
- Its games are never gonna look as good as on the other two consoles, GET THE FUCK OVER IT AND STOP COMPLAINING EVERY TIME YOU SEE A WII SCREENSHOT, PLEASE!
- At first, I thought the battery life on the wiimote sucks, but it's just my playtime that's a problem
tongue.gif

- Friend codes make no sense, but whatever.
- Lots of games have poor wiimote controls, but that's the dev's fault. And ninty's for not providing ample documentation!

360 :
- BROWN + BLOOM + MOAR BROWN = NEXT GEN? If I wanna see mud and shit, I'll go to the countryside, not play R6:Vegas.
- Pay for online play, LOL. Tools. If MS asked you to pay for breathing, you probably would.
- 33%
- WTF is up with the second L and R triggers? I hate those things.
- Any non-SHOOTAN GAEMZ? Oh, yeah, blue dragon. Like I need another no-lifer jRPG ever since I quit grammar school.
- WHIRRRRRRRRR, turn off that damn airplane / hoover vacuum / whatever's making noise! Oh, wait, it's the 360.
- XBLA = see wii, only it's slightly less shitty as paying for roms.

PS3 :
- Motorstorm achieves the dubious task of sucking, even though it costs three times as much to play as Excite Truck.
- 599 €
- Sixaxis is a whole bunch of lulz and fail put together. Srsly guyz, don't copy dat 'chucky. It feels like a fucking playskool toy in the hand, and the L2-R2 triggers NEED TO GO THE FUCK AWAY. I HATE THOSE THINGS.
- Soo, what games were released this week... Nope, still the same ten games out. Oh, but there are tons of movies!

Disclaimer : I own a Wii, co-own a 360 with a buddy who owns a Wii, PS3 and a home cinema rig. We're co-op FPS fags and we love to slay communists/aliens/whatever hates AMERIKUH on his big fucking screen.
The PS3 is used for blu-ray viewing. Resistance was fun. I guess.
The 360 is used for... um... we're waiting for HALO 3, tbh. BioShock wasn't worth being cracked and I lost precious bandwidth just pirating it. My condolences go to the people who spent real money on this poorly-coded piece of junk.
The Wii is our most used console. I can certainly understand the hype surrounding it. I haven't seen so many women get interested into gaming, and frankly, there haven't been many GOOD games released for ANY platform for a while, so "timeless fun" games like Wii Sports will always keep popping up at most parties.

My favorite post so far.

I often feel bad for all those people who loathe the success and hype the Wii garners. I'm often confused when these people own the console and feel cheated. Why do they still own it? Why do they feel they are OWED anything? Sell the console and move on with your life.

Must suck to scream as loud as you can and no one will listen.

Then you have the rabid partisan brand loyalty. For them, it'll really sting when the PS3 is cast by the wayside and the inferior consoles keep on chugging, all because they abandoned the elitest "graphics first" gamers in search of a more viable market. Kinda like the SNES versus the sega 32x/cd.

So keep screaming, posting threads defaming the Wii complete with long rants and tirade. Too bad I'm having a blast with my Wii and can't hear you.
happy.gif

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
All this complaining (by some) and it only 10 months into its life... the Wii has still got another 3/4 years to go before a newer machine is unvieled and the games will get alot better and wayyy prettier. Metroid is living proof that the graphics can still compete (wont beat, but compete) with the other 2 consoles.

We all knew that this was not even competing against the 360 and PS3, i honestly thought that PS3 would be selling more now, because people didnt like the Gamecube, it was possibly the most underrated console ever, so it allowed 360 to gain some market and i thought PS2 fans would run to PS3, but it would seem Sony has done it all wrong this time... haha!

The Wii is just an updated Gamecube, with futuristic controls, i mean come on, who wouldnt want to play any FPS on 360 with the Wii controls...

Ideally the perfect console would be 360 power with Wii controls and Nintendo Magic and Life-filled games... PS3 and any playstation has never appealed to me, Sony should take a hint and get back to making Cameras that last more than a Year instead of trying to Win a losing battle.

Graphics are indeed never important if the game is fun and long-lasting. You will never get controls as accurate or as good as Wii's on the 360 or PS3 unless you are playing on a very expensive computer... but then why do you need a console if you are playing on a PC... oh yes, because the Wii still offers Nintendo's Charm, Quality Games and above all, The greatest idea and executed control scheme ever.

Its still early, what how 3rd party developers who might not have got controls right, how their releases next year will be more detailed and better controlling.... then the PS3 will have twice the reason to be scared than it already does now.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why the hell do people want the ps3 to do good? it has no support especially anything like when the psx came out now that was good, but it will never see the light of that day ever again. The wii has no game that real people want, but it has enough for people to buy it out every damn week that has to count for something. This is besides the fact the system just came out it will have too much to play like the ds now, and if you buy a system when it first comes out expecting big time releases like you see toward the end of a consoles life your wasting you time in the first place.

P.S Actually if this system didn't come out i wouldn't be wasting my time with consoles anymore as pc games are coming back in full force this year, so everyone should thank nintendo for keeping the console alive.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What reviews have you been reading? Metroid Prime 3 has worse controls then the cube ones? Um...k?

EDIT: Oh, and the hyped games coming out for the PS3 are getting crap reviews. Heavenly Sword and LAIR are stinkers according to reviews.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)