shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Rebellion said:
I have a question; I'm deciding between the AK2.1 and the R4. I hear that Wood fixes most compatibility issues with games. Is the AK2.1 really worth the 9 extra bucks?
if you have a dsi then neither will work. if you have a ds lite atm(like not upgrading to a dsi for sure) then r4 woud suit you best.

Rebellion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! I have a DSLite so this'll suit me just fine! R4 it is.
smile.gif

mb9023

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys...quick question.

I currently have an R4i Ultra (piece of crap) that isn't letting me play any newer games, so I figure I better shell out for a real card. I have an original phat DS and plan to continue using my Kingston 8GB sdhc (class 4?) mem card. I was thinking the $6 R4DS looked good, but I'm getting mixed readings on whether or not it supports SDHC. If it doesn't I was thinking Acekard 2.1 (don't plan on getting a DSi anytime soon so no need to spend any extra on Ak2i, right?). I'm really just looking to play games.
Thanks for any help.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I already posted this on another thread but some admin deleted it... *grumbles*
glare.gif
anyway this is what i posted:

QUOTE said:
Hi,
My brothers are getting a dsi for Christmas and i kinda need some advice on what flashcard to get them.
I already have and original R4 for my lite with wood r4 1.18 and moonshell 2 on it and love it! This would be perfect but Wood r4 doesn't work on dsi (and I'm not sure about the one for R4i Gold)...

Basically i am looking for a cheap (£20 or under - not the £ not $) flashcard that will support moonshell, SDHC (not major priority), near perfect game compatibility (not fussed on homebrew or Jpn/USA/Ger versions just EUR), cheat support and a team which actually does something and brings out updates often.

Thanks,
Wizzerzak

P.S. Also it would need to be in time for Christmas if anyone knows a good supplier.

oh another thing i dont really need these but would be useful:
> Soft reset
> Real-time save
> Fit nicely into DSi
> Decent skin database

Some1 suggested AK2i to me but apartently there's been recent disputes between the owner and someone about it.... has an update been released since the arguement which indicates its safe to buy one?

Also off topic but: which is the best european reatailer to buy from that will probably deilver by Christmas?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wizzerzak said:
I already posted this on another thread but some admin deleted it... *grumbles*
glare.gif
anyway this is what i posted:

Some1 suggested AK2i to me but apartently there's been recent disputes between the owner and someone about it.... has an update been released since the arguement which indicates its safe to buy one?

Also off topic but: which is the best european reatailer to buy from that will probably deilver by Christmas?
For you, Acekard 2i does sound like the right choice, it pretty much has the important things you want, good compatible firmware, affordable price, Moonshell support, SDHC, cheat support and frequent updates, as well as soft-reset, a good fit in a DSi and a nice selection of skins. The only thing it lacks is real-time saving.

Shoptemp are a good site to order from, they have Xmas shipping for $8, estimated 5-10 days. (Seems to be a European option)
For the acekard, 4gb memory, an optional flashing service (ensures 1.4.1 compatibility) and that shipping method it should come to $40, that's £25.63.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just thought of another important thing:
With AK2i can you put games into subfolders so you don't end up with 100 files* on the root like wood r4? Or are my brothers just gonna have to do a lot of scrolling?

* 30 x .nds
30 x .sav
30 x .cc
about 10 x other firmware stuff...

zerocool99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just ordered my Acekard 2i Card for Nintendo DS, DS Lite & DSi from shop temp £25 inclding microsd card and flashing servce...job done xmas delivery included also .....

yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
you mean $25 (£16.50) anyone know about this?:

QUOTE said:
I've just thought of another important thing:
With AK2i can you put games into subfolders so you don't end up with 100 files* on the root like wood r4? Or are my brothers just gonna have to do a lot of scrolling?

* 30 x .nds
30 x .sav
30 x .cc
about 10 x other firmware stuff...

Pablo007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A flashcard, which can be used:

- on nds lite
- with ez flash 3 in 1 gba / pack
- for playing the newest games, like golden sun
- no dead projects like m3
- usrcheat.dat support

perhaps Ak2i ?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Pablo007 said:
A flashcard, which can be used:

- on nds lite
- with ez flash 3 in 1 gba / pack
- for playing the newest games, like golden sun
- no dead projects like m3
- usrcheat.dat support

perhaps Ak2i ?

r4 (original) can do all that at half the price, plus ywg delivers more frequent updates for wood than AK2i firmware.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have an M3 DS Real bundle (with the Rumble/RAM Pack and the GBA pack). However I haven't played my DS in forever and can't seem to find my slot-1 cart. So now I am in the market for a new flashcart and I haven't really followed the scene in forever. I have just a lowly DSLite. My main concerns are 100% clean ROM compatibility, GBA playback, build construction, and microSDHC support. If it makes any difference I still have my Rumble/RAM pack and my GBA Extension Pack from my M3 DS Real.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
naes said:
My main concerns are 100% clean ROM compatibility, GBA playback,... and microSDHC support.

Supercard DStwo.
naes also said he has a DS Lite.
If GBA is that important, the Acekard 2i + EZ Flash 3in1 is a better solution than a DStwo.
The DStwo has some good GBA emulation, but it is not as good as playing the GBA games natively using a 3in1.

Then again DStwo easily has the best rom compatibility.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But he didn't say he had a 3-in-1.
He said he had the M3 GBA expansion. (which to my knowledge will not work with the AK2i)
But your advice is still valid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system