The Walking Dead [MAJOR SPOILERS!]

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T-Dog probably will die, but there was no need for it. Dale was the only one stuck with a mindset that wanted things to be as nice as they were before, as shown by him dying and crying when they were about to kill the kid. Him saying "this new world is all survival of the fittest" should've tipped me off that he was going to die and get slapped in the face about reality sooner or later.

I know, I was just hoping T-Dog would have went before Dale. A small part of me hoped that because Carl was being a little shit throughout the episode, that he would die. But then the whole group talk happened and I thought, "Something tells me Dale is going to eat those words later." But he didn't have time to eat those words :( However, how is it that Dale didn't see that zombie when he was walking up to the cow? It just creeped upon him? Teleported? The zombie was an ex-wizard? That was a noisy ass zombie, so I guess it baffles me a bit that he quietly creeped behind Dale.

jing90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know, I was just hoping T-Dog would have went before Dale. A small part of me hoped that because Carl was being a little shit throughout the episode, that he would die. But then the whole group talk happened and I thought, "Something tells me Dale is going to eat those words later." But he didn't have time to eat those words :( However, how is it that Dale didn't see that zombie when he was walking up to the cow? It just creeped upon him? Teleported? The zombie was an ex-wizard? That was a noisy ass zombie, so I guess it baffles me a bit that he quietly creeped behind Dale.

T-Dog exist only to make the group bigger, he probably will never have a purpose. The zombie obviously is a ninja-zombie. I'm sad that Dale died... also Carl deserved to die a thousand times more than him...
But the Hershel and Glenn scene was really cute

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

Dale was one of my favourite characters on the show. Why did they have to kill him off? ;_____;

And I absolutely hate Carl now. I used to hate Andrea/Shane the most but Carl has took their place. That bitch just had to let the walker out.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Dale was one of my favourite characters on the show. Why did they have to kill him off? ;_____;

And I absolutely hate Carl now. I used to hate Andrea/Shane the most but Carl has took their place. That bitch just had to let the walker out.
You'll come to like Carl again, stuff like what he did with the walker is what makes his personality up, atleast in the comics.

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Major Spoiler tonights episode:
Shane dies

Didnt see it coming but I knew it would lead up to it after what happened in the begining of the episode. Just wow.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My little brother read the comics via PDFs, so he knew what would happen.

Unfortunately... I found out after he had made deals with my father and I :cry:
I owe that brat my Xenosaga trilogy :angry:

He knew Shane was going to die. He wouldn't change his mind whatsoever and now I know why :lol:
Pretty weird when you think about it. I assumed Shane would live a lot longer than that. Like maybe after they got to the Prison. At least now I know what the guy at the CDC meant when he said there was no hope. I think he told Rick that the virus is airborne or that everyone had it already. That you'd turn after you had died(Unless you got a bullet to the brain I think.) But this is just what I think. I haven't read all of the comics, yet.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Shane died? I still can't quite believe it. I half expected Darryl to be the one to kill him, after discovering Randall with his broken neck, turned. Rick killed Shane perfectly though. The level of trickery needed to get his man must be something he retained from his time as a cop. I'm surprised Shane didn't see through it. Going back to the guy with the broken neck though: how did he turn into a walker? No wounds inflicted by a walker; he just turned. Then Shane was a firsthand example of the turning without a walker wound.

Is the virus evolving?

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm glad they followed the comic to include the fact that when a person dies they turn into zombies, as long as their head doesn't get smashed in. As for Shane, his days were numbered since I've read the comic and knew he died. It was cool to see Carl kill him as a Zombie though. Close to what happened in the comic but taken a bit differently to keep things fresh for the TV show.
Looks like the farm is going to get overrun next episode for the finale. Thank God! I'm so sick of them on that damn farm after they looked for Sophia for so many episodes. I can't wait to see what they do with "The Governer" in the TV series now since they've cast that part. Leads me to believe that will be the focus for at least part of next season.
I believe everybody is already infected and the virus activates upon death or a bite, whichever comes first. I'd guess the introduction of dna (bite) to an already infected person's bloodstream triggers it early.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shane died? I still can't quite believe it. I half expected Darryl to be the one to kill him, after discovering Randall with his broken neck, turned. Rick killed Shane perfectly though. The level of trickery needed to get his man must be something he retained from his time as a cop. I'm surprised Shane didn't see through it. Going back to the guy with the broken neck though: how did he turn into a walker? No wounds inflicted by a walker; he just turned. Then Shane was a firsthand example of the turning without a walker wound.

Is the virus evolving?

I think that's what the CDC guy was talking about the whole time. That everyone already had the virus, they just needed to die to turn. I'm still in shock that Shane died. He didn't seem like the type to die in the second season. I think he probably would have been fine if Lori didn't stir the pot, again. Hard to listen to your "best friend" when your wife is making things harder between the two. I don't know, really. But I strongly believe Lori's talk had a lot to do with his decision, even though I think she'll blame Rick for it all. Rick isn't totally blameless, but holy balls I'm sick of all the blame put on him. I know it gets a lot worse for him, too. If I'm right about what the CDC guy said though, I think I can kind of see why Rick didn't tell anyone. It would have made everyone lose hope and commit suicides.

I have a question though, if the situation was real, the group was real, and you were a part of it... Where would you suggest you guys go?

And where the hell is a pilot and an available plane when you need to fly away? D:

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country

Is the virus evolving?

I think that's what the CDC guy was talking about the whole time. That everyone already had the virus, they just needed to die to turn. I'm still in shock that Shane died. He didn't seem like the type to die in the second season. I think he probably would have been fine if Lori didn't stir the pot, again. Hard to listen to your "best friend" when your wife is making things harder between the two. I don't know, really. But I strongly believe Lori's talk had a lot to do with his decision, even though I think she'll blame Rick for it all. Rick isn't totally blameless, but holy balls I'm sick of all the blame put on him. I know it gets a lot worse for him, too. If I'm right about what the CDC guy said though, I think I can kind of see why Rick didn't tell anyone. It would have made everyone lose hope and commit suicides.

I have a question though, if the situation was real, the group was real, and you were a part of it... Where would you suggest you guys go?

And where the hell is a pilot and an available plane when you need to fly away? D:

In the comics, apparently Lori is far from sad about Shane's death. Whether that will also reflect in the TV show, it's hard to say. She seemed to have equal parts love and hatred for the guy. Oh, and Shane died pretty early in the comics, also. He just wasn't a character that was made to last. They actually dragged him out in the series, which I felt was a good move. Shane's role was clearly done, though.

A little reading also told me that the CDC guy's message is supposed to be revealed in the second season. I'm thinking you're spot on, and it will be revealed next episode. It would line up with how the zombies were crafted in the comics too. I'll delve into that in the next spoiler, in case anybody doesn't want to know.

More comic based spoiler about the zombies themselves:
In the comics, apparently the writer made it so that the virus was already in everybody, likely airborne, though I didn't see what I was reading specify. It didn't cause the infection, or the problems. The virus was preexisting, waiting for death to come so that it could hijack. The bites seem to lead to the virus takeover so often because the bites themselves are highly prone to infection. The infection is a bad one. Really though, any cause of death could lead to a zombie as long as the brain remained intact.

BloodWolfJW

Marotheit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my lifetime, I have only ever cried during a movie or TV show three times.

1.) Radio. When his mom dies, compelling.
2.) Naruto. Something about Haku's death was...different.
3.) Spider-Man. The acting when Uncle Ben dies is exhausting (in a fabulous way).

Add one more to the list.

4.) Why Shane. Why? I didn't have to be like this...Damn you Rick...

Even I didn't see it coming. I'm going to miss him though. with Dale and Shane gone, who's going to keep reality for the group?

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the comics, apparently Lori is far from sad about Shane's death. Whether that will also reflect in the TV show, it's hard to say. She seemed to have equal parts love and hatred for the guy. Oh, and Shane died pretty early in the comics, also. He just wasn't a character that was made to last. They actually dragged him out in the series, which I felt was a good move. Shane's role was clearly done, though.

A little reading also told me that the CDC guy's message is supposed to be revealed in the second season. I'm thinking you're spot on, and it will be revealed next episode. It would line up with how the zombies were crafted in the comics too. I'll delve into that in the next spoiler, in case anybody doesn't want to know.

In the comics, apparently the writer made it so that the virus was already in everybody, likely airborne, though I didn't see what I was reading specify. It didn't cause the infection, or the problems. The virus was preexisting, waiting for death to come so that it could hijack. The bites seem to lead to the virus takeover so often because the bites themselves are highly prone to infection. The infection is a bad one. Really though, any cause of death could lead to a zombie as long as the brain remained intact.

Yeah, I just read up on that. But after her feelings in this episode, I'm not sure what she'll do. Do you think in that preview they showed of Lori backing away from Rick when he tried to touch her is her reaction to her finding out Rick knifed Shane? I really do hope not since I blame her for the reason why he went insane in the first place. She's too wishy-washy to like as a character. As I was reading up on things that happened in the comics just now, I noticed that Dale actually was supposed to live for a long ass time(Up to the Hunters), but they killed him off anyway. It makes me wonder if they'll kill off Glenn too since they aren't exactly keeping a few key points from the comics. And well, Andrea wasn't Dale's lover in the show. I'm not sure who they'll keep to go to the prison or who they'll kill off during the whole Woodbury fiasco. I just hope it isn't Glenn D:

By the way, is Daryl even in the comic? He's a badass.

@BloodWolfJW
From what I've read, Andrea does a pretty good job at keeping reality in the group. I didn't read the all of the comics, so don't take my word on that. Shane's death happened in the comic too, so you can't blame Rick for that. Actually, you can only blame Shane for that(And possibly Lori.).

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Enjoyed it, finally
Shane died, was expecting it throughout, mainly because of the comics. Carl is shaped. His future is now pre-determined although he didn't kill Shane, he killed Shane as a walker, which symbolises Shane. As for Rick, his leadership is improving, and shall eventually change him into the man that he is in the comic, a leader who does what needs to be done, no second thoughts.

Yeah, I just read up on that. But after her feelings in this episode, I'm not sure what she'll do. Do you think in that preview they showed of Lori backing away from Rick when he tried to touch her is her reaction to her finding out Rick knifed Shane? I really do hope not since I blame her for the reason why he went insane in the first place. She's too wishy-washy to like as a character. As I was reading up on things that happened in the comics just now, I noticed that Dale actually was supposed to live for a long ass time(Up to the Hunters), but they killed him off anyway. It makes me wonder if they'll kill off Glenn too since they aren't exactly keeping a few key points from the comics. And well, Andrea wasn't Dale's lover in the show. I'm not sure who they'll keep to go to the prison or who they'll kill off during the whole Woodbury fiasco. I just hope it isn't Glenn D:
I really hope Woodbury all happens. It was a brilliantly done period in the comics, the fear of knowing they could be attacked at any time by walkers and Woodbury was something that they had to prepare for. Shame about Sophia considering in the comics, she is still alive. Taken care of by Maggie and Glenn =D

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country

By the way, is Daryl even in the comic? He's a badass.
The writers certainly took some liberties when adapting the comics. I appreciate that they didn't keep it exactly the same. It keeps the story fresh, even for those that have read the comics. It keeps the comics as a new experience for those that haven't read them, too. All in all, this was a time when reshaping the story has actually worked out well. I'm sure key plot points will continue to make it into the show.

Daryl is not in the comics, by the way. People really want him to be introduced though, since he is such a great character in the show.

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wfxN1.jpg

Reactions: 6 people

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Average episode of Walking Dead.

Woop yeah
Nothings happening
Nothings happening
Nothings happening
For fuck sake get off the farm.
Nothings happening
Nothings happening
Ugh dull love triangle
Nothings happening
Nothings happening
Nothings happening
Woop yeah.
End.

So far each series has had maybe 2 fantastic episodes at the most and a ton of lackluster ones. It still has "something", its not like I dislike drama and only want the great zombie action this show can do its just that the drama is done so poorly.

Yeah yeah the comics are just on a different level of greatness, I think personally when a comic gets transferred to another medium...its best to just see what it transferred to as a separate entity to enjoy it more. Still its just a series full of miss opportunities but hell it beats most crap on telly.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That episode was amazing. I knew they were going to bring Michonne at the end of the episode because it would be a little retarded to bring her in at the beginning of Season 3. It'd look a little shitty and probably wouldn't have had fans waiting for Season 3 as badly. I want to bitchslap Lori into another dimension. Andrea was right, she blames everyone but herself. She completely forgets how apesit Shane was getting, that he killed Randall, and immediately got pissy with Rick.... Despite them fighting because of her.

How many bullets can a shotgun hold? Hershel seemed to have had an infinite ammo cheat or something. I laughed so hard when Andrea was all, "Hey guys! What about me!? :sad: " But seeing how she is in the comic, I knew she'd survive pretty well on her own. I already knew a lot of the people who were going to live this episode cause I saw two pictures last week of some of the survivors and finally read some more of the comics. But... how far were they from Rick's hometown? Cause if that was the prison they sent criminals to back in his cop days, wouldn't Rick already know the prison was right next door to their rest spot the whole time? :unsure: What the scientist told Rick about everyone being infected was pretty easy to figure out. I don't quite think Rick was wrong for not telling everyone about it immediately, but it does make me wonder if Beth would have tried to slit her wrists knowing she'd just turn and possibly attack her family.

I can't wait for Season 3! I think it's going to be packed with action(Or I'm hoping on it).

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
OH MY GOD MICHONNE THAT WAS SO GREAT THE SLASHY SLASH! I love how they left Andrea behind. She's probably my least favorite character. After siding with Shane and nearly killing Daryl, I wanted her gone. I mean, Michonne saving her was pretty bad ass, but a small part of me left that scene disappointed. Rick having to tell everybody to kind of shut up and quit being trouble making assholes was kinda cool too. Anyways, I'm pretty excited for season three, and I'm glad it won't take over a year to get it out there.

BloodWolfJW

Marotheit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part 1.) I also noticed the Hershel was using the infinite ammo hack.
Part 2.) I didn't think that Andrea was alive, but I'm glad she is, as she was just getting good!
Part 3.) I was so relieved when everybody met up again. My god, was I relieved.
Part 4.) Laurie was being a legit bitch.
Part 5.) I knew he [Rick] was going to snap.
Part 6.) When I saw the katana chick, I knew shit was about to go down.
Part 7.) That was the prison. From what I here, this is were it gets good, and since it's already good :) :D :P :lol: ;) :( B-) :ha: :creep: :yay: :ninja:
Part 8.) I can't wait till SEASON 3!!

That is all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.forbes.com/sites/caileygleeson/2024/05/29/walgreens-joins-target-amazon-walmart-in-an...