The USENET is driving me CRAZY!!!!!

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I went and purchased a subscription to a newshosting server for one month. Great. Now I have to download a reader. I've tried several and I can't figure out what's going on for the life of me. I'm not technology impaired but I have no idea how you turn messages into actual files that I can download and use.

Can anyone help me out, please?! I'm going out of my mind!

yedimaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I went and purchased a subscription to a newshosting server for one month. Great. Now I have to download a reader. I've tried several and I can't figure out what's going on for the life of me. I'm not technology impaired but I have no idea how you turn messages into actual files that I can download and use.

Can anyone help me out, please?! I'm going out of my mind!

Get the grab-it software (free), then download your free .nzb's from the Internet or subscribe to newzbin for 4 or 8 weeks to download the nzbs, that's it. Quickpar is a tool to fix your files, you may want to consider it.

Bamboo

Trophies
XP
Country
ok usenet is the main term in usenet their are newsgroups that are organised by categories people post files onto these newsgroups called binaries i think there is a limit of the file size so large files are broken up into heaps of smaller files. different usenet providers have different file retentions meaning after a certian time (eg 1 month) the files get deleted. listen i agree it relaly is messy in comparison to other ways of getting files but maybe by far has the largests selection and if it dosnt have what you want you can request. in my opinion the easiest way to get files off usenet is a program and provider called Usenext (www.usenext.com) i use there free (1 euro) 3gb trial then when that rusn out get another account. If you want to keep using your existing plan with there program im nto sure if its possible. Usenext is so much easier because it makes usenet just as easy to use as p2p software. If worse come to worse I sugest newsbin or newsshark(very easy but still shitted me badly). usenext usenext usenext !!! its awesome

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
get grabit and use binsearch.info to find the stuff you need, then download the .nzb's off of there

also setup in the options of grabit to have it auto repair broken files and uncompress them after downloaded.

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

anyone else feel like they know the answer to questions like this SO WELL, but answer questions like this on forums like 20 times a day, so when another comes around, you yearn to answer it because you love being "in-the-know" as it were, but you realize how much of your valuable time you are using doing such things, so you decide to just let it go and forget about it, this happens lots and lots of times but then one day you decide to ask a question like I just did to see what other people think?

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are tons of tutorials online -- just Google for them. That's how I learned.

I personally recommend NewsLeecher -- I love the interface. You open a newsgroup, say, alt.binaries.games.wii, and then you find the files you want, right click, and choose download -- it does the rest. Then Google PAR2 files, and you'll learn why you should download those too.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There are tons of tutorials online -- just Google for them. That's how I learned.

I personally recommend NewsLeecher -- I love the interface. You open a newsgroup, say, alt.binaries.games.wii, and then you find the files you want, right click, and choose download -- it does the rest. Then Google PAR2 files, and you'll learn why you should download those too.
Yeah, Newsleecher is the shit. Find your newsgroup, subscribe, update, download, fix and extract using rarslave and burn. In 1-2 hours, you got a Wii game!

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey thanks so much to everyone who helped out. Thanks even to the guy who popped in to say he didn't feel like helping out. Thanks especially to Knab, who led me to Grabbit with which I was able to finally snag an ISO!

I love the GBAtemp community!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!