Hacking The SuperCard DSTWO Beginner's Guide: How to Setup the DSTWO

Slegiar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something that i don't think is mentioned. after formatting the SD card with the formatter, what format do we set the card with so it actually HAS a root?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi
i was playing pokemon white
then i shutdown the 3DS..and copy my save to PC
then tried to load the card again ..but it didn't work
there is black screen at top
and white screen the bottom

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi
Most likely a contact problem, just take the card and sd card out, then firmly put them back in. You should be able to get it sorted out.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi
Most likely a contact problem, just take the card and sd card out, then firmly put them back in. You should be able to get it sorted out.
i fix it now
it was from the SD card
it was not even readable in card reader on my PC
so..i have to format the SD card
then
used any format recovery program ro get all my files back ( if i copy one file into the SD card before the recovery i will not even get back any file )
then..installed the OS again
all my save file is OK now

Red or Alive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone clarifying the patching process for me? The guide in the OP tells me that I only need to extract the contents of the latest patch to the root of the microSD; does this mean that I should extract the patch .zip/.rar to the _dstwo folder I've already saved to the root (replacing two existing files already in the folder in the process), or should I extract the contents of the patch to its own folder alongside the _dstwo folder?

I ask as I couldn't get Kirby Mass Attack to work on DSTWO and was wondering if I was misplacing the patch files.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Can someone clarifying the patching process for me? The guide in the OP tells me that I only need to extract the contents of the latest patch to the root of the microSD; does this mean that I should extract the patch .zip/.rar to the _dstwo folder I've already saved to the root (replacing two existing files already in the folder in the process), or should I extract the contents of the patch to its own folder alongside the _dstwo folder?

I ask as I couldn't get Kirby Mass Attack to work on DSTWO and was wondering if I was misplacing the patch files.
just put the os file (_dstwo) into the root of the SD card
then..put the update file (dstwoupdate.dat) also in the root of the SD card
when you turn on the DS..go to the card..you will see a message telling you there is update to 1.15

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EOS and patches are closely related in the DSTwo, actually. The DSTwo and EOS will read from that file if it exists on boot to either update graphically, or on it's own if it gets power but no boot ability, so just extract the update file into the root and start the DSTwo.
He's not talking about upgrading the firmware, he's simply talking about patching the EOS.

Extract the patch .zip/.rar to the _dstwo folder you have already saved to the root (replacing two existing files already in the folder in the process).

It won't actually replace the folder, it will just replace the specific files in that folder that the patch has.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated EOS and patch to 5-21-12.

Added download to cheats that doesn't require signup on the GBAtemp cheats forum.

Added subtitle

Edit: Removed DSTWO discussion and questions link as it's been closed.

PyroSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, last time I checked, the using gameshark etc. cheats for the gba emulator was extremely wonky. Has it been upgraded to work well now, or no?

kscourge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've patched the DStwo and tried the dstwoupdateb trick for my 3ds. Neither work for me, I still get an error has occurred almost every time. What's going on?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get any recent builds of nesds working right? The plugin featured on the site only has a .ini from way back in the 0.50a2 era, but none of the newer ones will actually let me load another game after loading one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ