Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
IOwnAndPwnU said:
miketh2005 said:
HDW said:
What's wrong the R4's homebrew compatibility?
That's what someone said, so I implemented it, ask him....

I believe I said the R4 has low homebrew compatibility. I just referred to R4 DS Review

Out of date. That was back in 2006, and I'm pretty sure everything listed there works fine. Stop giving out fake information.

QUOTEQUOTE(Law @ Aug 12 2008, 10:34 PM)
Ehr, R4 does have Auto-DLDI, I've never had to manually dldi patch anything. Change support from "Fair" to "None", and if you see an R4 that cheap chances are it's a clone.

In fact, take the R4 out of the chart altogether.

It's at DealExtreme (as I said before) and they are a legit company, they won't put R4 and give you a clone, they are very cheap.

You said that they update it every 3 months, so that's fair to me...Can anyone back him up?

I can back myself up. The last firmware update was released in April, and since then nothing has been done. The R4 Team do not care about their customers, and they do not even care about fixing problems with their card (i.e. games not working). From what I've heard they have even stopped development and production of the card.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14778

Fake. In fact, it's pretty hard to actually find a real R4, let alone find the price for one.

Just give up. You're not going to fix it. It's filled with inaccuracies and false/out of date information. Not to mention people seem to be giving you wrong information.

mtsuboi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Law, you don't have to be so rude. I think he had a great idea doing a chart. Instead of saying it's useless and that he's not going to fix, why don't you help him to fix it?

I'd like to make some suggestions to miketh2005. As some reviews are outdated, I think it would be more helpful to show the date gbatemp reviewed the flashcart, because I think that nobody would agree with R4's 9/10 by today's standards (it was one of the best back then when it was reviewed, and I actually have one, but it's just outdated). Also you can add "Wii conectivity" (only the CycloDS and the G6 Real have it).

That's my 2 cents.

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
miketh2005 said:
HDW said:
What's wrong the R4's homebrew compatibility?
That's what someone said, so I implemented it, ask him....

I believe I said the R4 has low homebrew compatibility. I just referred to R4 DS Review

Out of date. That was back in 2006, and I'm pretty sure everything listed there works fine. Stop giving out fake information.

QUOTE said:
QUOTE(Law @ Aug 12 2008, 10:34 PM)
Ehr, R4 does have Auto-DLDI, I've never had to manually dldi patch anything. Change support from "Fair" to "None", and if you see an R4 that cheap chances are it's a clone.

In fact, take the R4 out of the chart altogether.

It's at DealExtreme (as I said before) and they are a legit company, they won't put R4 and give you a clone, they are very cheap.

You said that they update it every 3 months, so that's fair to me...Can anyone back him up?

I can back myself up. The last firmware update was released in April, and since then nothing has been done. The R4 Team do not care about their customers, and they do not even care about fixing problems with their card (i.e. games not working). From what I've heard they have even stopped development and production of the card.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14778

Fake. In fact, it's pretty hard to actually find a real R4, let alone find the price for one.

Just give up. You're not going to fix it. It's filled with inaccuracies and false/out of date information. Not to mention people seem to be giving you wrong information.

AH, you are right, I didn't notice the SDHC in the title...

You are pretty harsh, iownandpwnyou didn't know that the info was out-dated :/ . I'll take R4 out. And you saying I'm not going to fix it is truely an example of how rude and ignorant people can be....

Next version will be out in a little while.

Thanks for the info.

-mike

mtsuboi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think it's a good idea to take out the R4, since it's one of the most well known flashcart out there. It would be better if you just make clear that it's outdated, and that almost every other flashcart is better.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't take the r4 out. As mtsuboi said, it is a very know flashcart. People need to know how crappy it is compared to the newer flashcarts on the market. Also maybe you can have a side note on the r4 saying for the buyer to beware of the fake ones circulating around.

Edit: I forgot to add that your doing a very good job. For anyone else, if you havn't got anything nice/informative to say to miketh2005, don't say it at all.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Says the Supercard One has a nice GUI when it possibly has one of the worst GUI out of all the cards.
It might look good as you say on the chart but it feels horrible to use, but as always some people will disagree.

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I meant, it looks nice bust it's clunky and bad...

I'll put the buyer beware info in the post...

uploading V7

Thank you for the compliment, pitoui.

EDIT:

V7 is out! Check the initial post for changelog.

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Under stupport, M3DS Real seemsto have languages.

I was waiting for someone to actually say the languages...

- Firmware CD? Most of them don't come with them anymore. They may have them in the pictures, but most of them don't actually come with it.

So....none?

- iTouchDS doesn't have Sakura built-in. Again misleading. Supercard DS ONE should get an extra point there, it uses MoonShell as its main engine, so you can play music and dpg straight from the menu.

It doesn't have it built-in, but it can use it, it has Triple Loader. What would you like me to do? Add +1 to supercard? xD

- Adjust LCD brightness is a pretty dumb category imo...

I needed an extra category =P

- Again download play isn't perfect on all carts, I can't exactly comment too much though.

That's why it's "Nearly Perfect"
biggrin.gif

- Extra features seems to be hugely biased, and not very extensive at all.

Well that's all I could fit on the chart.
unsure.gif
This wasn't supposed to be an extensive chart, but oh well, tell me what you want added and I'll add it as a *...My chart isn't biased at all imo All the info I got were facts....

- Save type, for most carts aren't detected automatically, they just choose the largest one...

Well that's what all the cards say it is in the Features so I'll go by what they say, it's the same thing is it not? Unless you want something put in, tell me.

- GBATemp Awards, misleading....

Well what would you want me to do? You could rate them and I'll put a PharaohsVizier's Rate below it and next to it I'll put Much more up-to-date.

- Real Time Guide put in twice...

I already fixed that, you must have been writing that before V7...

PharaohsVizier said:
Link5084 said:
Miketh I think you should let PharaohsVizier help you make the chart to make it better

Ouch
wacko.gif

I think Miketh is doing really well actually, the info seems really organized and everything. With the few fixes that people are suggesting, it'll be perfect soon, I'm sure!

Anyways, still waiting for a new version!
yaynds.gif

RIIIIIIGHT, you just don't wanna make a chart xD jk

New version will be coming out, thanks PharaohsVizier for all the suggestions.

V8 is finally out! It's the last for the day, hope you like, I figure there will be a couple more updates than it will be perfect for awhile....

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
- iTouchDS doesn't have Sakura built-in. Again misleading. Supercard DS ONE should get an extra point there, it uses MoonShell as its main engine, so you can play music and dpg straight from the menu.

It doesn't have it built-in, but it can use it, it has Triple Loader. What would you like me to do? Add +1 to supercard? xD

The triple loader isn't perfected on the iTouch. And Sakura can technically run on all carts, so iTouchDS's advantage is very very small. As for Supercard, I'm not sure what you should write, that's one of the reasons I never did a chart, lots of these little things that you don't exactly know what to do with.

Huh its not perfected? Sakura runs on the Itouch exactly the same as it does on the m3...

I had My SD card with the files for the tripple loader on it and i could change it between both M3 and Itouch.

and technically yes sakura runs on all carts, but..... ITDS and M3RDS are the only 2 carts which can also launch games

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
jmr said:
how are you adding the green TICK with paint or something?? its looks a mess
you can use a real tick ? in openoffice or Excel if thats how you make your comparison chart....
He's saving the chart as .jpg which is why it looks so crap. Honestly, he should use .png.

QUOTE(xJonny @ Aug 13 2008, 08:00 AM) Nice idea,
Maybe you should post it on a "Google Docs" spreadsheet: http://spreadsheets.google.com
Yes, I do agree with this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpKJyCeQck4