Hacking The Slot-1 Flashcards Comparison Chart is out! UPDATED

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering that too. I forget where but I heard somewhere (on GBAtemp) that you can just insert the MicroSD card into the flashcart and it'll make the system files. Although I'm not sure. Maybe it contains saves? Not really sure.
unsure.gif
Maybe a CycloDS owner will explain it to us non-CycloDS owners.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the CycloDS has 2MB onboard which leaves me clueless.

The AK RPG onboard NAND is like a 1GB memory built in. It's better than external memory because it's faster (since it's built-in). Although, the Acekard 2 cost like $23 (DX) and the AK RPG 8G/1GB costs like $65 (DX) which is like a $40 difference for a 1GB memory built-in.

caffolote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:

The AK RPG onboard NAND is like a 1GB memory built in. It's better than external memory because it's faster (since it's built-in). Although, the Acekard 2 cost like $23 (DX) and the AK RPG 8G/1GB costs like $65 (DX) which is like a $40 difference for a 1GB memory built-in.

Does the AKRPG have a slot to put external memory in it like a MicroSD card in? I don't know much about it. Also, can you delete the internal memory inside in the menu?

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
caffolote said:
IOwnAndPwnU said:

Does the AKRPG have a slot to put external memory in it like a MicroSD card in? I don't know much about it. Also, can you delete the internal memory inside in the menu?
You can also insert a MicroSD, I don't know about the second (why would you want to?)

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caffolote said:
IOwnAndPwnU said:

Yes, and Yes.

I notice the Cyclo has 2MB onboard flash memory. What exactly does that do?

Go to reviews at the top header and go to CycloDS, it will tell you alot even tho its out-dated. I think it does save the system files and moonshell etc.

YAY! 100 posts!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know the EZ-Flash V isn't incredibly popular - but it should certainly be on the chart. Hell, I'll even figure out how it should be marked on the chart. Or am I just blind?

Looking at the chart I can't see why the EZV isn't more popular - it's more fully featured than many of the carts there.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
It is really quite sad, the EZV has one of the best prices out there, a full set of features, great playback, and an AWESOME team behind them. I love EZ Flash products, ever since my EZ Flash 3, I kept buying them up.
I don't understand it myself either. I hardly hear any complaints. I hardly ever hear any recommendations for it. It's not even a flash cart that people tell you to avoid(R4 and DSX). The team itself sounds pretty reliable and is pretty old. I say there's nothing wrong with it.

miketh2005 said:
QUOTEI notice the Cyclo has 2MB onboard flash memory. What exactly does that do?
I think it does save the system files and moonshell etc.
It stores the firmware. That's why when you update it, it's gotta do that little update progress bar thingy.

Grats on 100 posts?

Wait...Doesn't the Cyclo support fully clean dumps as in it doesn't patch on the go? Like that one time with the Moogle screen of death? It was thought that the flashcarts that patched on the go did this.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just one question, why put an r4 clone in there? Its better to avoid those so people wouldnt add it to their wishlist and ask to solve problems afterwards.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hooya said:
I know the EZ-Flash V isn't incredibly popular - but it should certainly be on the chart. Hell, I'll even figure out how it should be marked on the chart. Or am I just blind?

Looking at the chart I can't see why the EZV isn't more popular - it's more fully featured than many of the carts there.

It is kinda stupid not to have it. It has a pretty good price ($20 DX) and it also offers the option EZ3in1 GBA expansion pack for only like $20 more. It kinda reminds me of the M3 and their GBA expansion.

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks seren for adding the EZ Flash V to your chart, I'll copy it over as soon as I get the chance, I'll also add your Top 3 thing...kinda...

I think it's better with a image better than google, so what if its not lined up PERFECTLY, its defeating the purpose...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?