Hacking The Slot-1 Flashcards Comparison Chart is out! UPDATED

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The updated Slot-1 Flashcards Comparison Chart is out. It's not official but hopefully one of the staff can make it official.
tongue.gif

This took 48 hours (4 days) to make so please show appreciation.

I need help with the flashcards support and also the OS languages. Please look into that for me, thanks!

And without delay here they are:

55mgkw.png

2a4z8ed.png

Current Slot-1 Flashcards Side-by-Side Comparison Chart version is: V10
V4: I've added a 2nd chart just for fun
tongue.gif
choice your chart and compare! Added a red X, instead of leaving it blank.
V5: Added a name to the top, added last updated date, fixed R4 DLDI auto-patching, fixed MARS compatibility
V6: Added OS language for MDS4Real
V7: Added version number next to title. Changed R4's priced, added that R4 is outdated. Changed support to low on R4.
If there is anything missing / revised please tell me, I was a bit lazy / couldn't find the info on some areas.
V8: Did most of the things people suggested, added Special thanks, changed the time I put on this thing
tongue.gif

V9: Did most of the things people suggested, changed from .bmp to .png. Removed GBAtemp Awards. Added Wii Connectivity.
V10: Changed "game saves" to "automatic game saves" changed the backround of the checkmark on "supports clean dumps".
V11: - Fixed homebrew compatibility -Fixed Touch Screen OS, MARS is button based - Fixed the missing line between Frequent Updates and Multimedia

Special thanks to PharaohsVizier since he helped me the most, but also to everyone who suggested new stuff, and the constructive criticizing...

Regards,

Mike

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
yay, very helpful, maybe this will help stop loads of useless, "Which cart" topics!! Much appreciated!

Juggernaut

EDIT:
after reading thru it, seems biased kinda. add more carts

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Cyclo does have Slow-motion. Just the first thing I noticed. There could be more problems.

And the Supercard has an SDHC version too, like the R4. Except its SDHC version is real.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
leetcakes said:
AKRpg is the best
sleep.gif
u get an extra 1gb, other than that, miniusb slot, near perfect compatiibility, and many functions due to open source FWs

Doesn't come with RTS or RTG, so I dont see how its better than Cyclo.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow. Thanks for your effort, but this is very inaccurate.... You've got lots of fix man.

The DSTT and M3 real both have Auto Dldi. How the hell can it have a low compatibility? True, I heard that M3 real had a few probs with a few homebrew, and that the M3 Sakura doesn't do homebrew well. But the ordinary firmware has like 2 or 3 games to fix.
Also, the R4 doesn't even GET updates anymore. Why doesn't it have a "No support" or something like that? It takes 4 months to fix like 3 games? And even during the time, nothing but one announcement saying they're gonna kill off the clones.
The R4 SDHC DOES NOT support SDHC. It's just another clone that can't do anything.
Supercard SDHC also has a slow-mo function.
I have not seen any retailers selling R4 that CHEAP.

I think I should change this a BIT...........

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, technically, you can boot three different OSes on the Supercard with that loader (can't remember what it is called). Also, it auto-DLDI patches.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
There are GROSS inaccuracies...

For example, slowmotion is present on the M3DS Real and CycloDS Evolution. It is also present on the other carts with the use of cheats. I am fairly certain that autoboot appears on more carts than that, but I can't exactly name them off the top of my head. Homebrew compatibility shouldn't be low for DSTT or M3DS Real, perhaps good while the rest are nearly perfect. Supercard can adjust LCD brightness. Download play isn't perfect on all carts, but I guess a checkmark should work as most of them are close to perfect. Real Time Game Guide appears twice, etc.
Ya, there are a bunch of things wrong. I noticed it too but it is a good start and decently accurate. Good job.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
The Cyclo does have Slow-motion. Just the first thing I noticed. There could be more problems.

And the Supercard has an SDHC version too, like the R4. Except its SDHC version is real.

HUH R4 has never had an official SDHC version only its rip off clones have you been asleep ??!!!

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
DeMoN said:

HUH R4 has never had an official SDHC version only its rip off clones have you been asleep ??!!!

Have you just woke up? If so, reread the post.

QUOTE said:
QUOTEAnd the Supercard has an SDHC version too, like the R4
Except its SDHC version is real.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some parts are very inaccurate. And the CycloDS does have slow motion (mentioned so many times
laugh.gif
).
Also, I thought the R4 had low homebrew compatibility?

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Wow. Thanks for your effort, but this is very inaccurate.... You've got lots of fix man.

The DSTT and M3 real both have Auto Dldi. How the hell can it have a low compatibility? True, I heard that M3 real had a few probs with a few homebrew, and that the M3 Sakura doesn't do homebrew well. But the ordinary firmware has like 2 or 3 games to fix.
Also, the R4 doesn't even GET updates anymore. Why doesn't it have a "No support" or something like that? It takes 4 months to fix like 3 games? And even during the time, nothing but one announcement saying they're gonna kill off the clones.
The R4 SDHC DOES NOT support SDHC. It's just another clone that can't do anything.
Supercard SDHC also has a slow-mo function.
I have not seen any retailers selling R4 that CHEAP.

I think I should change this a BIT...........

There's no need to change it yourself, I can do it, I just don't have much experience with flashcards so I was just going by the guides and Official site (which aren't up-to-date and accurate)

EDIT:

I meant to put the check on Cyclo not R4 lawl...

EDIT 2: As I said, I was trying to work through it quickly to get it done before I get to sleep, it's kinda like when a game gets rushed on the market, theres gonna be flaws
tongue.gif

Thanks for all your help. I'm fixing it now.

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
yay, very helpful, maybe this will help stop loads of useless, "Which cart" topics!! Much appreciated!

Juggernaut

EDIT:
after reading thru it, seems biased kinda. add more carts

I thought these were the carts that most people look to when buying a cart
tongue.gif
. Do I really need to add more? It doesn't matter to me, I love GFXing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-