• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The situation in Ukraine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Russia had no interest in escalating the Maidan situation.
Dude that's complete horse shit and you know it. If they had no interest in escalating, they WOULDN'T HAVE ESCALATED. Whatever "snipers" you're talking about are irrelevant, as Russia still moved in to annex Crimea. They didn't even wait for a false flag during that event.

Russia waited 8 years to protect millions of Russians before launching a war.
Russia is is playing the role of imperialist conqueror here, they aren't in Ukraine to "protect" anything. Hundreds, if not thousands of innocents will be killed by them during this invasion. Fuck Russia, and while we're at it, fuck China too for supporting their bullshit. They couldn't possibly make it any more obvious that they've got designs on invading Taiwan.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
If they had no interest in escalating, they WOULDN'T HAVE ESCALATED. Whatever "snipers" you're talking about are irrelevant, as Russia still moved in to annex Crimea.
When I spoke of escalation on the Maidan, I meant escalation on the Maidan. Crimea came after the deaths at the Maidan protests. According to RT and years later the BBC (better late then never) people from both sides (the government and protesters) were shot by the same type of bullets. From the injury one can tell where the bullets came from: buildings surrounding the protesters. There were snipers on the roof tops or some of the higher floors. THIS WAS BEFORE CRIMEA. Now who had an interest in escalating? The deaths caused an increase in the determination of the people (they wrongly blamed the government). Russia had no interest in doing that. The US and Ukrainian Nazis did.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Now who had an interest in escalating?
Obviously Russia. Nobody's buying that Putin is a choirboy who is incapable of telling a lie. And even if he was telling the truth in that instance (lol), the Russian military is far from perfectly trained. They could've started shooting just because they were drunk.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Putin should feed it own people first. What does Russia have expect oil and gas? has it done any thing good technology wise or science wise in the last 30 years for the world?

Putin is a terrorist.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Putin should feed it own people first. What does Russia have expect oil and gas? has it done any thing good technology wise or science wise in the last 30 years for the world?

Putin is a terrorist.
To be fair, Russia helps India a lot. In fact, any sanctions against Russia are far more likely to severely affect Indian farmers than Putin himself.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Obviously Russia. Nobody's buying that Putin is a choirboy who is incapable of telling a lie. And even if he was telling the truth in that instance (lol), the Russian military is far from perfectly trained. They could've started shooting just because they were drunk.
I was not claiming Putin did not lie. Nor have I claimed Russia denied having snipers in buildings on roof tops. You are unable to follow a simple line of reasoning. Instead you spout racist stereotypes about Russians.
I call Nazis people who celebrate a Nazi collaborateur in WW2 (Bandera) and make photos in front of the Nato, Ukrainian and Nazi flag. (see "nazi flag nato flag ukraine" in any search engine)

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I was not claiming Putin did not lie. Nor have I claimed Russia denied having snipers in buildings on roof tops. You are unable to follow a simple line of reasoning. Instead you spout racist stereotypes about Russians.
I call Nazis people who celebrate a Nazi collaborateur in WW2 (Bandera) and make photos in front of the Nato, Ukrainian and Nazi flag. (see "nazi flag nato flag ukraine" in any search engine)

you don't understand how propaganda works it seems. Does your Chinese search engine show what happened in "Tienanmen square massacre" or is that banned in China?

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
you don't understand how propaganda works it seems. Does your Chinese search engine show what happened in "Tienanmen square massacre" or is that banned in China?
So the BBC is propaganda then? Years (or one year) later the BBC admitted what RT had reported when it was actually relevant.

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@dude1 so should Sweden get back Finland then?
its not about who SHOULD anything, but if Sweden wanted to reclaim its historical land and retake Finland thats a Swedish issue and yes, would be a regional conflict for those two states to sort out.

Wait does that mean Most of Southwest USA goes back to MEXico.. a Good chuck Texas was stated to get on my nerves
it means if Mexico wanted to reclaim what it saw as its historical territory and wanted to fight for it yes.

however I see that being a lost cause that would cost Mexico even more of its current territory when it inevitably lost because I don't see them winning a regional conflict with the U.S, but as I say if they felt they could and wanted to try thats been the way of the world for thousands of years even prior to written history.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Not sure if we are under full-on propaganda from both sides but the way Ukrain paints it is like they are kicking so much ass they don't need help

Not sure if that the message they want to send but ok

Reactions: Immortallix

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah mad respect to the president, Ukraine is lucky to have him.
Not sure if we are under full-on propaganda from both sides but the way Ukrain paints it is like they are kicking so much ass they don't need help

Not sure if that the message they want to send but ok
Its very important to keep the morale high inside the country, also this inspires more people to donate to their funds so they don't feel the money is going into an lost cause. They never stated that they didn't need help though, pretty much the contrary.

Reactions: pustal and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
He seems to understand how it works a little too well. Doing everything possible to dance around admitting that Russia is 100% in the wrong here, and nobody else is responsible for their actions.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has Russia devastated and conquered Ukraine yet? I'm tired of all the "news" and "media" sites and people constantly talk about it at this point. This is yet another topic which has people at their throats. I mean, this is actually a more serious topic to argue than whether or not you wanna force people to take jabs or not.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has Russia devastated and conquered Ukraine yet? I'm tired of all the "news" and "media" sites and people constantly talk about it at this point. This is yet another topic which has people at their throats. I mean, this is actually a more serious topic to argue than whether or not you wanna force people to take jabs or not.
Yup I’m sure you just waiting for the Next conservative talking point but the world is not moving from it. Putins war Crime will be televised.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

Putin is a terrorist.
That oil and gas isn't going to last long when we switch to electric cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, :creep: