Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho...
sad.gif

Things are not going all that great right now. Especially at work. My boss has gone on vacation for a week and returns Monday, but in his absence everything's gone to shit. Notably the rota, as I have only half the hours I usually have and the Saturday I booked off over a week in advance hasn't been booked off at all, I'm still expected to work even though I've spent over £30 on cinema tickets for me and my nephew to go see Harry Potter.

The thing is that this is the tip of the iceberg. I've noticet a shitload of problems with the store lately. Ranging from issues with staff morale to serious fire hazards. Before he left my boss asked me what I'd do to improve the store as a whole. Well, you wanna dance, dick head? Fine. I'm writing a full on report on the issues I've noticed. Pulling no punches, pointing out the many flaws in procedures and the poor quality of the equipment we work with. Backed up with photographic evidence and I'm sending it to head office. You slash my hours, I FUCK YOU UP. Simple.

The beauty is I'm totally immune to repercussions as my boss asked me what I'd do. I'm following orders with this report. Not to mention head office is hardly going to sanction sacking someone who's doing his best to improve the store. I'm also one of the best workers they have, with my KPI stat (the ammount of shoe care and other unnecessary crap I sell for bonus cash) through the roof. They wouldn't dare touch me. Not unless they want lots of letters along the lines of 'court date' and 'unfair dismissal'. I'm also not alone in this, other members of staff suffer the same problems I do and given the chance to speak freely they'd back me up.

In other news,

- My gloves STILL haven't arrived. This is bullshit.
angry.gif

- Pay day soon. They'd better have put my back pay from last month through or I'll be mentioning that to Head Office too. Fuckers can't steal from me.

- Almost finished my first playthrough of the main story of Dragon Age Origins. Got the 'Anvil of the Void' quest to do tonight and from then on it's into the unknown of the Landsmeet, never got further than that. But I've got all the side quests and most of the DLC to get through, only done Soldier's Peak and Return to Ostagar. My warden is kinda hit and miss though. He looks fuckin' awesome in his new Blood Dragon armour set, armed with Maric's sword and Duncan's dagger, both loaded with powerful elemental runes. But he seems to have taken a pretty serious blow to the head. Possibly from Leliana's lute during a particularly steamy evening. But he constantly leans his head to the side, like he's looking at a treasure chest even when there's nothing close by. It's annoying because it makes him look like he's had a full frontal lobotomy. What's wrong with him and how do I fix it?

- The plan to move out from the house that drives me up the fucking wall and in with one of my better friends has gone completely out of the window because he's so pussy whipped he's following his precious lady to London instead. Douche bag. She's not even a decent girl. Trying to keep their 'on again off again' relationship a secret because the families are ashamed of them, she's giving everyone crap for no reason. I've voiced my opinion of her, I consider it my duty as a friend to save my friend from this creature from the black latrine, but naturally he couldn't hear me over the sound of the whip.

- Someone from my past that I hoped to never encounter again has been in the area causing problems. Giving my friends a load of crap, etc. The thing is that due to issues in our past I cannot touch her. There's nothing I can do. I don't really wish to discuss this one so don't bother to ask, just thought I'd mention that my life outside of work also sucks.

As you can see, things have gone a bit tits up. As things stand if the work situation does not improve with the return of my boss or the results of this report, I may well look for another job. I'd rather not, but I see little reason to be trapped somewhere in which my hours can be slashed without explanation or reason, regardless of how hard I work. The lack of financial stability prevents me from forming any sort of long term plan. I want to move out at some point. But how can I afford it if I'll be working 32 hours one week and 9 the next? How am I supposed to do anything with that going on?

Anyway, time to finish typing up the report ready for Monday (I've got tomorrow off, but if I finish it tonight I can play DAO all day tomorrow with no interruptions. Toodles.

Blaze.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
tl;dr, but next time, you should really do your homework before making a huge blog post like this. It helps.

This is pretty short by my standards. But evidently attention spans for anything less than Black Ops have gone completely so here's the tl;dr version you so crave.

- Life sucks
- Work being bitches but I'm sorting it
- My character on Dragon Age Origins is glitchy, please help.

There. Short enough for ya?

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you mean I should focus on writing the report instead of the blog, I've already written most of it in note form, I'm just typing it up. Almost finished. Besides, I can multitask. I'm watching Red Dwarf, eating toast, typing here and typing up the report. And I'll have enough time left before sleep to kill a few more Darkspawn.

This needs doing, to be fair. I see no reason why problems preventing the staff from performing or even putting us in danger should be just tolerated. Pretty much all the solutions I put forward are either cheap but effective or completely free of charge. I'm not getting anyone into trouble but I am voicing the concerns of the staff, most of whom are too chicken-shit to do anything. But I'll be damned if I'm having those fucking crates fall on me again because nobody bothered to change things.

EDIT: Done. The report comes in at 7 pages long, and contains over a dozen problems that need addressing, ranging from minor health and safety risks to how the management is pissing off the staff with this 'unstable hours' bullshit. Should be fun watching the boss read it on Monday morning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Wish they would give a season on Herbert