The reason Granville likes goats

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here's a bit of a weird discussion. It was actually talking to Costello on chat that got me thinking perhaps it's a little bit weird for other people to know where i'm coming from. He mentioned that he didn't understand my thing with goats. Whether he was serious or half-joking, i don't know. But i kind of figure it's good to explain things. As many people here know, i'm a goat lover. Some people find it funny (which is what i'm going for with random goat comments) and some people just find it strange or understand why i do. Mostly due to various questions from random people, i'm going to reveal a little bit about my affinity with goats. I usually bring goats into a conversation in an attempt to lighten the mood and bring a bit of humor into it all. I even use "Goatville" as my alt name on IRC, and under my avatar is "GBAtemp goat". Well i'm going to lay down the facts and reasons why i like goats. And tell you a little bit about myself in the process and how i tick.

1- The primary reason i love goats is that i once owned a pet goat. Not as a farm animal, but as an actual pet, like a dog or cat. An unusual pet for most normal non-farm people. We bought her at our state fair back in Tennessee back when i was very little (around 4 or 5 years old). It was mostly on a whim from my mom (who herself grew up on a farm and already liked goats, she thinks they're adorable). Our goat was a beloved pet for 8 happy years. I've always missed her since then, she died sometime in 2003 if i recall (natural causes and old age, 8 years is about how long normal goats live). It was a very sad day for us. But she was very special to me whilst i had her. She was a sweet and very personable pet. She did have goat-ish tendencies of course (like butting people), but for her, it was more a sign of affection than anything (she was so small, and we removed her horns, so it didn't hurt or anything). It was rather funny anyways. Most people might not understand, but she was our equivalent to having a favorite pet like a dog or cat. Most people can at least relate to having a pet they cherished at some point in their life. We had dogs and cats as well of course, but we also had a pet goat, and we treated her like any other pet. She was basically part of the family.

A couple of pictures of me when i was very young, and my goat (we called her Chris)-
goat2k.jpg
goat1.jpg
2- Besides the pet part, i've always thought goats were hilarious. They're just humorous animals in general to me. From their noises, to the way they eat almost anything in sight (mine would always try to eat clothes and even plastic bags), to how they move and act. Heck, even the word goat is funny to me. As animals, they have a surprising amount of personality (they can have as much as dogs or cats) and they can be very loveable animals. They're up there with some of my favorite animals. They can also be useful with keeping your grass short (if your local codes department allows you to have goats as pets that is).

Those are the main reasons i like goats so much. Mostly due to having one as a pet. She was a beloved addition to our family when i was little. It's basically a combination of personal experience, amusement, and admiration for goats overall. I realize this blog is kind of random, but since so many people are always confused and wonder what is with me and goats, i just thought i'd give you a little insight on the matter. Maybe a bit of a chance to see more into my life as well.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well I like monkeys and camels for similar reasons.
Yes, I have a pet camel and a pet monkey. I haven't seen them in a while though, because they're in Egypt(my home country).
Now I miss the family farm...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually i kind of doubt many ladies would find it that attractive about me that i once owned a goat lol!

@lilsypha
Now now, lets not bring banger's old bar stories about me into this.
tongue.gif

No but really, is this not just hawt?
goat-cute.jpg

smileipb2.png

(Tell you one thing i don't like about goats- their milk and cheese. I know some people like it, but bleh i do hate it. Tastes way too much like the animal already smells...)

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
granville said:
Actually i kind of doubt many ladies would find it that attractive about me that i once owned a goat lol!

@lilsypha
Now now, lets not bring banger's old bar stories about me into this.
tongue.gif

No but really, is this not just hawt?
snip*
smileipb2.png

(Tell you one thing i don't like about goats- their milk and cheese. I know some people like it, but bleh i do hate it. Tastes way too much like the animal already smells...)

Camel milk tastes even worse. Trust me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1