• Replies 370

Daisuke9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pm_41 said:
Use WiiPower's Trucha Bug restorer to patch IOS36 (using cIOS). Then you'll be able to install Preloader.
smile.gif
im wondering if i will need to do this now or at all. i have'nt tried to install preloader yet. but if what your saying is, you already know i need to do this from what i have said, then i will get it done. i have tried using the startpatch but i got a - 1017 error. which i have read that is a sign that Trucha Bug is needed in order to get it to work.
does this sound right ?

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
with the 4.1 update, preloader 0.29 installs and loads fine, but it does not like the 4.0 hacks.ini, is there anyway to make it compatible or make/get a new one?

Daisuke9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
infinete said:
with the 4.1 update, preloader 0.29 installs and loads fine, but it does not like the 4.0 hacks.ini, is there anyway to make it compatible or make/get a new one?

Does/Did the 4.1 update leave, restore, or remove the trucha bug when it was completed. also did it effect anything else besides the hacks .inin of preloader?

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Daisuke9, how would i know if the trucha bug was still present? and no, the hacks.ini was the only thing affected, besides that it ran normally, however, i did have to reinstall it as it had been wiped from the update.

Daisuke9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
infinete said:
Daisuke9, how would i know if the trucha bug was still present? and no, the hacks.ini was the only thing affected, besides that it ran normally, however, i did have to reinstall it as it had been wiped from the update.

you would know if it was not present if you got a -1017 or a another error that happens when you run the preloader on your system.
thanks for the info.

alimami

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
i have 3.2j wii and i want to update to 4.0j offline. in some guide i read that i should install these:
1-install CIOS60.wad
2-system menu 4.0.wad
3-install preloader
so if the wad was wrong and my wii bricked then how can i install preloader?
can't i install it first??

dkmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
When I open my wii does is it have to load preloader every time and then select the system menu? Can I configure it to load system menu when i push the power button?

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dkmaster said:
When I open my wii does is it have to load preloader every time and then select the system menu? Can I configure it to load system menu when i push the power button?
Start preloader, open the "Settings" and select what you want(HBC, Sysmenu, ...).

Brewaholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other than the hack.ini issue for 4.1 in Pre-loader v0.29 the disc spinning bug still exist in general though it was said to have been resolved with the release of v0.29. Whether online or offline and with Wiiconnect24 on or off.

Edit: Okay, got the new compatible ‘hacks.ini' for 4.1U and it works. So far the disc spinning bug that surfaced on 4.0U doesn't surface 4.1U. This is why I wanted 4.1 I think the Pre-loader v0.29 was conflicting with already existing bugs that menu 4.0U had that would make the screens lag in loading infrequently when clicking start on channels and the screen would just remain black, but one could still hear the menu music when WC24 was turned on etc. they would sometimes load and other times the system would have to be turned off. Also for some reason that menu 4.0 bug would the make the Disc endlessly spin with Pre-loader installed whether WC24 was on/off or either online/offline. So far I haven't experienced neither bug from Pre-loader or system menu 4.1 I'm glad Nintendo fixed that particular menu bug. Now this was how things were supposed to be.

MandM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can't play US GC games on my 4.1E PAL system with cIOS rev 10. Pre-loader 0.29 anymore though. Even if I enabled "Region Free GC Games". It used to work with 3.4E PAL installed.
Region Free Wii games and Channels do work.

I even Nandcleaned it and reinstalled Pre-loader

Anyone got it to work?
unsure.gif

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello folks got a problem here
I used starfall to kill heatlh screen and then installled preloader on 3.2u(MiiWii package). I want it back but disabling prealoader health hack doesnt work, and i cant load starfall cause it shows error. Any help could be apreciated.

dcoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right, im starting to get a little bit confused about this.

I have Bootmii installed, as boot2 I think..(thats when bootmi starts up as soon as you switch on the wii, right?)

So, given that...do I need preloader? If I was to brick my Wii in any way..would bootmii sort me out, I have done a NAND dump at some point and backed it up on my PC. Or might I brick it in some way that would need both Bootmii AND preloader?

slyfirth

Trophies
XP
Country
got the preloader working with my 4.1e wii with the new hacks has anyone tested the hacks to see if they work?

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I Updated to 4.1, then I installed preloader 0.29 again. I copy and pasted the 4.1U hacks and when I went into the preloader menu to set the hacks up it gives me different errors:

QUOTE said:
(something cutoff at beginning) 138: expected 'offset' or 'value' before 'n' at line
QUOTE said:
Syntax error: expected EOF at line 1
Syntax error: expected EOF at line 10

Whats this mean?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1