• Replies 370

BigBolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
please, can anyone answer my question?

why my sd card cant be read in preloader ?

it always gives me an error:
SD card not found

i´ve tested with other, and have the same problem
i reinstalled preloader, and still nothing...

My Wii is 4.0 u

Dio141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sorry for asking over and over but i really need some help:
i tried to install 2 times already both failed, but without any problem i could unbrick with bootmii.
so i should just try to install over and over(after unbricking with bootmii)?
and an interesting thing: i did what riley said, to install ios36-64-v1042 so i could install, but after patching ios 60 he said that it was looking for preloader then said that didn't found then it goes to the preloader. i configured what i wanted then when i click to go to system menu, the phrase that says there the systems files are corrupt and the phrase itself is very blurry...what should i do?

PS: and just for the record , i do not have cIOSCORP.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
tj_cool said:
madeirabhoy said:
ive tried to save the code in the wiki as a hacks.ini and also downloaded a hacks.ini that someone posted.

all i can get is
hacks for your system version 418 were found No

ive tried reinstalling preloader but the same answer
get hacks here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks be sure to get the ones for 4.0E (your sys menu, right?)
paste in a .txt and rename to hacks.ini
then place it in sd card root
preloader should find em then

thats where i got it from, but i get the error about hackz not being found. since im on a mac, i use textedit, which saves it as a .rtf and then i change the extension to .ini could the problem be formatting being there?

i opened up the premade hacks.ini i got from the internet and realised it was the text from the 3.2 from the wiki, so i pasted the 4.0 text over it and saved.

i got

expected EOF at line 1

D

Deleted User

OP
srcdecay said:
getting a couple new SD cards over the weekend for the Wii and for a NAND backup. i read somewhere that preloader 0.29 does not support SDHC cards - but what exactly will it effect as far as preloader goes if i use a 4gb SDHC card for my wii? will preloader not load at all anymore?

No..... you only need it for hacks setting. Soon after that, you can continue using your SDHC
smile.gif

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on an LU64++ and I've trucha-fixed my ISO36 (tested, able to install fakesigned wads through WM1.4) and still getting the error message about fakesign, so preloader's looking for something above-and-beyond that. StartPatch fails the same way after giving an ES_Identify error which makes me suspect that the problem lies there, rather than with fakesigning as such.

I'm afraid to install 36-v1042 or run IOSDowngrader without hard confirmation that it's safe to do on these "unhackable" Wiis. Just thought you might want to add a blurb to the guide in the first post of the thread so that nobody in the same situation runs the downgrader...or at least knows to report success here if they do and it works.

The cBoot2 fix uses IOS36-v1042, doesn't it? Could preloader be installed through that?

veerain11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do i need to make any precautions before installing preloader? I have starfall installed so will that mess something up? I also have the usb loader and gamma loader installed.

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have successfully upgraded from 3.2e with Starfall, to BootMii on 4.0e and Preloader 0.29

I am wondering if there is an option to disable the standby request when using News or Weather Channels? leaving my Wii turned off, with standby turned on in the setup, uses 7 times as much power as with the Wii turned off and standby turned off in the setup. this is without even considering the problems of the standby auto update to firmware.

Having standby turned off means the Wii cannot connect to News or Weather channels, leaving it on is too risky and expensive.

D

Deleted User

OP
MadBob said:
I have successfully upgraded from 3.2e with Starfall, to BootMii on 4.0e and Preloader 0.29

I am wondering if there is an option to disable the standby request when using News or Weather Channels? leaving my Wii turned off, with standby turned on in the setup, uses 7 times as much power as with the Wii turned off and standby turned off in the setup. this is without even considering the problems of the standby auto update to firmware.

Having standby turned off means the Wii cannot connect to News or Weather channels, leaving it on is too risky and expensive.
Dude, first of all, standby or WiiConnect24 does not auto-update your firmware. Should've googled up on this hoax. It's just a re-written EULA. So it's not risky.

I have "Ignore Standby setting" set up and also have Standby turned on in Wiiconnect24 setting. With that, I can access News and Weather channel just fine.

On top of that, every time I turn off my Wii, Preloader ignores the Standby and straightly goes to red light, thus, turning it off completely. This can also be proven by looking at my USB Hard Drive's light, which shuts down completely.

So in total, I don't really get your message about Preloader's setting using 7 times as much power. Mind to explain?

veerain11 said:
Do i need to make any precautions before installing preloader? I have starfall installed so will that mess something up? I also have the usb loader and gamma loader installed.
Nope, that won't mess anything, nothing that I know of at least
tongue.gif
. However, it is recommended if you uninstall Starfall first (Remove all hacks).

QUOTE(WitoRIT92 @ Jun 9 2009, 01:03 AM)
umm where can i get themes for wii home sinces casheman pro is down ?
Sorry, but this guide only covers Preloader and the basic of its accessories. So I can't find your answer
tongue.gif

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
afif95 said:
MadBob said:

Dude, first of all, standby or WiiConnect24 does not auto-update your firmware. Should've googled up on this hoax. It's just a re-written EULA. So it's not risky.

I have "Ignore Standby setting" set up and also have Standby turned on in Wiiconnect24 setting. With that, I can access News and Weather channel just fine.

On top of that, every time I turn off my Wii, Preloader ignores the Standby and straightly goes to red light, thus, turning it off completely. This can also be proven by looking at my USB Hard Drive's light, which shuts down completely.

So in total, I don't really get your message about Preloader's setting using 7 times as much power. Mind to explain?

While running in standby mode with Standby Connection enabled, the Wii uses about 9.6 watts, compared to 1.3 watts without Standby and WiiConnect24.

The power difference is nothing to do with Preloader, & I had missunderstood the Ignore Standby option, I thought it made the news channel ignore the standby when it was off, I now realise it makes the Wii ignore the standby when it is on!

I had thought since originally getting my Wii (pretty much on release) that the standby could be used to update (no idea where I got that info from), this is nothing to do with the EULA that they altered in 3.4+ I never even considered it in relation to that. but now I can access News and Weather I am happy
biggrin.gif
ta!

D

Deleted User

OP
MadBob said:
afif95 said:
MadBob said:

WiiConnect24 is used to receive content such as Wii Message Board messages sent from other Wii consoles, Miis, e-mails, updated channel and game content, and notification of software updates. If the Standby Connect mode of WiiConnect24 is enabled, this content can also be received when the Wii is left in standby mode. While running in standby mode with Standby Connection enabled, the Wii uses about 9.6 watts, compared to 1.3 watts without WiiConnect24.

The power difference is nothing to do with Preloader, & I had missed the option in settings and was looking for it in Hacks Doh!
biggrin.gif

I had thought since originally getting my Wii (pretty much on release) that the standby could be used to update (no idea where I got that info from), this is nothing to do with the EULA that they altered in 3.4+ I never even considered it in relation to that. but now I can access News and Weather I am happy
biggrin.gif
ta!

I know what WC24 does. Just that I don't get why you're saying it takes 7 times more power. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up. Really appreciate it.

LegendaryDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to make hacks.ini for preloader. The problem is when I do it, there is suspose to be a folder created with the hacks.ini in there, but it is just not there.

1)Extract everything inside the hacks ini creator into a folder
2)Run hic.exe . It shouldn't ask for a password, if it does, get the beta 4
3)Check your region, PAL for Europe users and NTSC for US users. Tick 0.28
4)Tick all the hacks that you want (Please mind the Disc Area Check and Force Disc Region)
5)Click "create hacks.ini"
6)There should be a hacks.ini file in the folder, put that on your SD Card's root
7)Gratz! You've prepared hacks.ini! Now, let's install it

Step 6 says there should be a hacks.ini file in the folder after you press create hacks.ini except when I do it, it does not make one.(it says it did though)

D

Deleted User

OP
LegendaryDog said:
I am trying to make hacks.ini for preloader. The problem is when I do it, there is suspose to be a folder created with the hacks.ini in there, but it is just not there.

1)Extract everything inside the hacks ini creator into a folder
2)Run hic.exe . It shouldn't ask for a password, if it does, get the beta 4
3)Check your region, PAL for Europe users and NTSC for US users. Tick 0.28
4)Tick all the hacks that you want (Please mind the Disc Area Check and Force Disc Region)
5)Click "create hacks.ini"
6)There should be a hacks.ini file in the folder, put that on your SD Card's root
7)Gratz! You've prepared hacks.ini! Now, let's install it

Step 6 says there should be a hacks.ini file in the folder after you press create hacks.ini except when I do it, it does not make one.(it says it did though)
Hmm..... weird.

Try it again for a few times, if that fails, fall back to the "[Step 2a] PREPARING HACKS.INI " method. Just go to the site, choose the right firmware and region, and copy-pasta and save as "hacks.ini"

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i followed the guide and can't get a hacks.ini to work no matter what. i am running a chipped/softmodded 4.0u wii. i have tried nandclean to get rid of 0.29 installation and it doesn't clear it out, but it says it does. after running nandclean i restarted the wii holding the Reset button and preloader loaded. i guess i need to downgrade back to 3.2u ( i love the Wiiware on SD card
frown.gif
and will miss it). is there a guide to downgrade from 4.0u to 3.2u? i have up to date ios13b usb loader. the works!! thanks in advance for any help in resolving this matter.

Pip_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have 4.0U. Installed preloader, but unable to return to System Menu. Error message: File System Corrupted. Reinstall preloader, but it's still the same. I can get back to System Menu by installing again the v417.wad. But Preloader gone. Any idea?

d2michael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the nooby question, I'm just learning the ropes here. I just bought an LU65 wii, accidentally upgraded to 4.0. It's safe for me to install preloader according to the directions right? Should I do anything differently than what it says on the first post? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: m