Gaming The Persona 5 Discussion Thread

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
persona_5_wallpaper_by_crossxace-d8gsdv9.png

Just some wallpaper I whipped up fast ;o; Enjoy.

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fucking awesome! ATLUS just needs to confirm that Social Links as we know then are still in and this game will be my most anticipated this year!

They've really been putting emphasis on the aspect of Social Links and how much they mean in the game's universe. So very doubtful, unless they decide to go the route of Persona 1&2

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt they'd outright remove Social Links. The theme of the game is being imprisoned, or repressed, in society. I wouldn't be surprised if social links in Persona 5 are all about, or heavily about, repressed individuals. The main character has an active persona (and it's in my opinion that the Phantom is his persona, imprisoning him while he is active). Second lives will probably be present in the social links, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a gay, but in the closet, character was a part of it.

dariakyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Igor seems to be in an interrogation room.
I wouldn't be surprised if they take off S.Links to be honest and go back to what Persona once was. Btw, they are also fighting "real personas" and not shadows. Everything is about thievery since we see Sandman :D
I wonder if they will go with a transformation into your persona like in Digital Devil Saga.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Igor seems to be in an interrogation room.
I wouldn't be surprised if they take off S.Links to be honest and go back to what Persona once was. Btw, they are also fighting "real personas" and not shadows. Everything is about thievery since we see Sandman :D
I wonder if they will go with a transformation into your persona like in Digital Devil Saga.

But Social Links are one of the reasons why Persona popularity skyrocketed with the inclusion of it since P3.

I can only assume that the "Cooperation" menu is actually some kind of S. Link in disguise.

Also, we can only speculate what enemies are in this game. Sure, the battle scene showed Sandman and Pyro Jack being pummeled, but we don't know for sure whether they are Personae or even demons.
What might be goin' on, if they are Persona, noticed the last scene, where the Protag, yellow-eyed and all, was engulfed in flames? Possession? People taken over by their Personas/Shadows?

But there seem to be some kind of Shadows included in the game.
4fab854245.jpg

Mhmm, not even a mother could love this face.

I just wouldn't jump to conclusions, as we actually know very little.

Reactions: weavile001

dariakyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Correct me if I'm wrong but in P3 and P4 there is no fights against "real" personas, only shadows. So maybe we'll see the negociation thing again like in P2. After all the MC wants to "take your heart" :lol:

Well, my guess about the "cooperation" thing is that it's a kind of social link but with the members of the team and the guys "helping" you in your journey.
We really don't know much about the game...

I find that those "knight" thinks are kinda weird too...

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Correct me if I'm wrong but in P3 and P4 there is no fights against "real" personas, only shadows. So maybe we'll see the negociation thing again like in P2. After all the MC wants to "take your heart" :lol:

Well, you are right, you battled shadows throughout those games. But in the end, both shadows and personas are born from the feelings of people, the difference being that your persona is the shadow you accepted (at least that's the case in P4).
So what might happen if you accept your shadow in P5? Maybe you'll turn in to your Persona, your true self? Maybe you are fighting possessed people, taking their Persona from them, reverting them back to their human selves (as in "Take your heart")? :lol:

Well... I could go on and on speculating with what little information we actually have with this teaser. :P

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, my guess about the "cooperation" thing is that it's a kind of social link but with the members of the team and the guys "helping" you in your journey.
We really don't know much about the game...

I find that those "knight" thinks are kinda weird too...
I don't remember Persona 3 enough to comment on it, but you do fight real Personae in Persona 4. Or, at least one.
Magatsu-Izunagi, Tohru Adachi's persona.
Like MegaAce™ said, we don't have enough information to speculate, but it seems rather unlikely for Co-operation to be some form of Demon Negotiation. I never played Persona or Persona 2, but, at least with the current trend, demon negotiation wouldn't make sense. Persona 4 Golden covered all of the real-life psychology behind Shadows and Personae, and negotiating with a Persona in order to "capture" it wouldn't really make sense. Demon Negotiation makes sense in the series where demons are physical beings, but in this case, they're just forms of the MC's psyche. It wouldn't be impossible to negotiate with a Persona, but the method involved would require a lot more work than just saying "Oh yeah, I'm a real badass, just like you, so join me!"

dariakyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
News from Famitsu ahead !

Sooooo... Our first Persona's name is Arsene (who says Lupin ? :lol: )
They're still working on the social Links, they are not disappearing and it might be "the cooperation" thing.
We're a second year student that just moved in a big city and lives with "our" parents friends in the coffee shop that we could see in the trailer.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
News from Famitsu ahead !

Sooooo... Our first Persona's name is Arsene (who says Lupin ? :lol: )
They're still working on the social Links, they are not disappearing and it might be "the cooperation" thing.
We're a second year student that just moved in a big city and lives with "our" parents friends in the coffee shop that we could see in the trailer.

I'm just imagining the epic scene where P5 Protag summons shi persona for the first time and he summons this:
WengerCoatholding.jpg

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here's the whole thing:

Staff
  • Director: Katsura Hashino
  • Character Designer: Shigenori Soejima
  • Composer: Shoji Meguro
Characters
  • Protagonist – A second year high school student who moves to the big city in the spring. He lives with his parents’ friends at their coffee shop on the outskirts. He and his friends share common ground in having lost a place to live before.
  • Arsene (Persona) – The protagonist’s exclusive Persona. Whether it’s connected to the well-known thief is unknown.
Sound Change
The previously mentioned sound change (“The sound characters make when summoning Personas is no longer a ‘ka!’ but rather a ‘buchi!'”) applies to cut-ins in general, not just Persona summons.

• Unlike the heroes of Persona 3 and Persona 4, the protagonist of Persona 5 has a problem of some sort that, if not faced down, could spell big trouble in the future. The scene in the trailer where he appears to be a prisoner is a “mental prison,” so to speak.
  • The protagonist meets other two characters and cat creature in the trailer at the beginning of the game. The other two have their own life problems as well, and cat creature is mysterious, can transform, and is key to storyline.
  • The characters sliding around in the anime bit in the trailer was suggested by the anime director. (Production I.G is confirmed to be the studio behind Persona 5‘s anime scenes.)
  • The battle system is still turn-based, but is said to have a lot of changes to make it feel better to play and enjoy.
  • Lots of Personas are being rendered in high-definition for the first time, making it a grueling production process on that end.
  • Hashino is choosing to remain quiet about why Personas are appearing as actual enemies and where the protagonist has his fights. There are reasons behind those details, though.
  • There are indeed randomly generated elements, but major places in the storyline are designed to play up the burglary motif and have special gimmicks.
  • Each character has a distinct gun for their long distance weapon, though short range ones are present, too. They aren’t actual guns, but for reasons, they remain effective as weapons in combat.
  • Working with sympathizers around town (the original Japanese literally uses “cooperation” like in the menu) is advantageous in some way for combat.
  • Social Link-esque features will be discussed later, but will have new twists while still serving to power things up.
  • The protagonist’s seemingly docile nature is a profound ruse.
  • The logo design is meant to play up on the youth ensemble nature of the plot and its cast, conveying a sense of speed and dynamism.
  • Arsene, meanwhile, is designed to be a little more old-school, including his name, though making the whole thing come together and look stylish with that sort of constraint wasn’t without its share of challenges.
    Its cape / wings are meant to portray the image of a thief who lurks around places where normal people don’t belong.

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Persona 4 Dancing All Night releases June with a P5 special video that's probably just hype material. Hopefully Persona 5 can make a release in July (both P3 and P4 originally released in Japan the month of July).

Reactions: MegaAce™

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo