Not open for further replies.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
People shouldn't be offended by Derpy acting like a mentally disabled person because she's designed as a mentally disabled, and to top that, jinxed pony. That's that.

You can interpret it anyway you want but those are the facts.

I thought the creators said she was "ditzy" rather than "disabled", in that she didn't pay attention to what she does. Meh. The whole reason why her eyes are like that was because of the initial animation mistake, yet the fanbase loved that, so they kept it.

[yt]9qwRbOm2Pvg[/yt]

Of this video trend, I think that was the first one that I marked as Liked. It's Discord afterall (best pony). This version with Pinkie was my next favorite.

[yt]QqKdH569OwQ[/yt]

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I can't imagine why? :P
I see you making googly eyes.

born-with-googly-eyes-29095-1240179306-7.jpg

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Well, seems like the Derpy shit was just a misunderstanding.
Though honestly, I'm not surprised that bronies flipped their shit. The point of cartoons is to relieve and relax, why does that not happen with this fandom? :lol:

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it's understandable we/they flipped out. They somewhat started it by deeming it "offensive", while that wasn't the aim at all. Wouldn't any fandom react the same if people make a problem out of something that really isn't one? :P

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of Derpy, for those that don't know yet, someone at iTunes "derp'ed", and ended up making available the newest episode "Hearts and Hooves" before its time. which was meant to be this coming Saturday. It was pulled, but not before many people got a hold of it first, and made it available. The spoiler below contains a YT link to it, but I believe the uploader plans to remove it tomorrow.

If you would rather wait to watch it, then ignore the SPOILER. You have been warned. IMO, I think this is one of the top tier episodes this season.

[yt]rBeJGKzx1Dc[/yt]

Ace

OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Know what? I'm actually going to wait with this. I'll contain myself for another day and then watch it on Saturday, like always. :lol:

Ace

OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Well, I hope I can contain it until Saturday! :)
UNTIL THEN, POSTING ANY SPOILERS TO THE EPISODE IS PROHIBITED BY....
well, me.​

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
After weeks of waiting for the episode that featured the "Smile" song, I got to listen to it during it. I'm so glad I waited. It's amazing imo, and Pinkie Pie scored points towards being my favorite pony against Twilight and Applejack who are tied right now.

Ace

OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Meh, it was okay.
All Pinkie Pie episodes always give me that childish aftertaste. Maybe it's the pinkness.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Meh, it was okay.
All Pinkie Pie episodes always give me that childish aftertaste. Maybe it's the pinkness.

The episode as a whole was decent at the very least. Pinkie was a bit more annoying in it, but that is because of the situation that she finally met a character that didn't immediately becomes friends with her. I just especially liked the song.

Notice that they always came back. They ALWAYS come back!

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
It seems Hasbro has become, as Gilda would say, "flip-flops".

The Last Roundup was re-added to iTunes, but it is different from the original. They changed Derpy. In fact, here are the changes...

1) Her eyes are not so misaligned.
2) Rainbow Dash doesn't call her by name now (meaning she not referred as "Derpy")
3) Her voice was changed.

I'm appalled that they did this, which was done by order of Hasbro because there were complaints that Derpy was "offensive". She is as offensive as any other character on the show. People offended by Derpy, and not by a character named after an alcoholic beverage? Seriously. The voice change wasn't too bad (but it doesn't have the feel the original had), but they messed with the eyes and took back the name. She was just fine the way she was, and added an aspect to the poniverse that not everyone is the same, but are accepted nonetheless. This is not the worst of it. This change could very well affect the episodes to come because Hasbro is so easily swayed by the minority to go so far as to force such changes that aren't even a problem to the populous as a whole.

One last thing before I stop ranting, which will come direct from the show itself.

Dear Princess Celestia,

My friends and I all learned an important lesson this week: Never judge a book by its cover. Someone may look unusual or funny or scary, but you have to look past that and learn who they are inside. Real friends don't care what your cover is. It's the contents of the pony that count. And a good friend, like a good book, is something that will last forever.

Your faithful student,
- Twilight Sparkle

- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Season 1, Episode 9 - "Bridle Gossip"

So, like I said.....

Flip.
Flops.

Reactions: 1 person

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree, it's a shame they changed it. I can understand why they did it, but still, it's sad.
derpy___don__t_change_by_quanno3-d4qyqcj.png

Ace

OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Anyone who's mad over this misses the point of the show if you're just waiting to see Derpy.
If that's really how you see it, I shouldn't even begin introducing you to the Where's Waldo books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs