Reactions: 2 people

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Should I start watching? This sounds great.

MLP:FiM? I'd say go for it. Just make sure you understand a couple of things.

1) Remove all preconceptions you've had about the show. Watch it with an open mind. Much of the media who make mention of the show have done so in a negative fashion as they simply think of it like its predecessors without actually watching it.

2) The show was intended for little girls, yes, yet it was made to also appeal to the older audiences. There are many scenarios, situations, references, etc that the target audience would not understand, but grown-ups would. Ex #1: "Fall Weather Friends" has subtle references to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Ex #2: "Look Before You Sleep" mentions a book called "Slumber 101: All You've Ever Wanted to Know About Slumber Parties (But Were Afraid to Ask)". This is where they got that odd title from, but is only associated by name, not contents.

3) You've probably noticed a bunch of fanatics that are crazy about the show. Ignore them, as every show has their fanatics. This one just happens to have many than are quite vocal about it.

All in all, just try it out. If you end up not liking it after a couple of episodes, then that's no problem, as you at least gave it a chance. I'd suggest starting with Party of One or Lesson Zero, as those episodes are not what people would have expected from a little girl's show (and are the more popular episodes from the polls).

Cutest adorablest pony evar.

Applebloom is my favorite of the Cutie Mark Crusaders by a longshot.

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Should I start watching? This sounds great.

MLP:FiM? I'd say go for it. Just make sure you understand a couple of things.

1) Remove all preconceptions you've had about the show. Watch it with an open mind. Much of the media who make mention of the show have done so in a negative fashion as they simply think of it like its predecessors without actually watching it.

2) The show was intended for little girls, yes, yet it was made to also appeal to the older audiences. There are many scenarios, situations, references, etc that the target audience would not understand, but grown-ups would. Ex #1: "Fall Weather Friends" has subtle references to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Ex #2: "Look Before You Sleep" mentions a book called "Slumber 101: All You've Ever Wanted to Know About Slumber Parties (But Were Afraid to Ask)". This is where they got that odd title from, but is only associated by name, not contents.

3) You've probably noticed a bunch of fanatics that are crazy about the show. Ignore them, as every show has their fanatics. This one just happens to have many than are quite vocal about it.

All in all, just try it out. If you end up not liking it after a couple of episodes, then that's no problem, as you at least gave it a chance. I'd suggest starting with Party of One or Lesson Zero, as those episodes are not what people would have expected from a little girl's show (and are the more popular episodes from the polls).

Cutest adorablest pony evar.

Applebloom is my favorite of the Cutie Mark Crusaders by a longshot.
@[member='Sora']

This man is so right it's not even funny.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You know, Alessa tells me that I was on my laptop one time in front of the TV...she goes and turns on My Little Pony, and I don't pay any attention to what it is and laugh at the jokes anyway.

I don't recall this. All I recall is that one day Alessa and Chell were being exceptionally witty while watching TV.

...I've technically seen My Little Pony and I never even knew!

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was watching Bridal Gossip and my browser froze while Pinkie Pie was singing that awful song. I think my browser understands me.

You're browser doesn't know what was 12 minute ahead of that point.
...It unfroze sometime later and automatically tracked back to the beginning of Pinkie Pie's song.
However, later on it sounded quite rhythmic and cute. Because...uh...someone else was singing it. Hehe.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
While some of the music (like Evil Enchantress) are meant to be short and silly, there are others that are actually pretty good. Two of them are sung by Tabitha St. Germain (who voices Rarity), which are in Suited for Success and Sweet and Elite, and the most recent song from the latest episode, imo, is quite catchy...
for a villain introduction.
[yt]Ssl1RxwMWNA[/yt]

Edited to add latest song in last spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro