Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
From what I understand, there's a preview clip out there. Supposedly, it's gonna be another great one.
Personally, I'm passing on streaming the episode, since I'm going out to protest ACTA tomorrow.
EDIT: I saw 5 secs of the trailer. This episode will rock, nuff said.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I used to wake up at 6:00am to watch newer episodes (starting with season 2) via streams since I don't have The Hub, but Saturday mornings had been my special day to sleep in. Plus, too many times the streams would have problems (video and audio), so I stopped watching via streams even after the change to 7:00am, and now just wait until around 2:00pm and watch them on Youtube. I'd later go download the 720p watermark-free non-YT versions and archive them.

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Due to timezones, I can just watch the stream at 4pm. I got a "team" who helps me with getting masses of screenshots for vector-ideas. When I've decided what to make, I'll go get the shots from the hd version on youtube :D

I also watch the episode twice on the stream, as I'm way too focused on vector-poses the first time :glare:

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pK70u.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
people are mad over derpy?

It's how they view the word "derp". From what I remember, it was originally (and still) used to reference having done something stupid or having screwed up, like saying "Oops, I derp'ed". However, many have taken the meaning to signify a disabled person, and when they think of that in terms of Derpy, they think Derpy is an offensive slap to disabled people.

Either way, people are too easily offended nowadays. In fact, some people want to be offended so they can voice themselves, or put themselves into situations where they can be easily offended.

Reactions: 1 person

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country

It's how they view the word "derp". From what I remember, it was originally (and still) used to reference having done something stupid or having screwed up, like saying "Oops, I derp'ed". However, many have taken the meaning to signify a disabled person, and when they think of that in terms of Derpy, they think Derpy is an offensive slap to disabled people.

Either way, people are too easily offended nowadays. In fact, some people want to be offended so they can voice themselves, or put themselves into situations where they can be easily offended.
okay.............

(You know we're in the EoF right?)

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

okay.............

trollface.jpg

Ace

OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
^problem solved.
If Hasbro pulls in Derpy, there isn't jack shit we can do, honestly. Being a loud fandom isn't going to help. Let's just let the world move on as it should, okay?

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just because we can't do anything doesn't mean it's not stupid or that we shouldn't talk about it.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country

okay.............

trollface.jpg
gallery_273625_84_111210.jpg

Ace

OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Just because we can't do anything doesn't mean it's not stupid or that we shouldn't talk about it.
Well, one way to make this all become good again is actually to pretend Derpy is a boy.
Yes, I'm for real.
The voice actress thought Derpy was first a boy, and if you watch the scene in that way, it's absolutely not as objectionable if it were Derpy as a filly.
Think about it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People shouldn't be offended by Derpy acting like a mentally disabled person because she's designed as a mentally disabled, and to top that, jinxed pony. That's that.

You can interpret it anyway you want but those are the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE