Gaming The Official Frequently Asked Questions Thread

TotalNEW-B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, um, any1 got a link for a DSTT firmware? I forgot where I saw it b4 and a friend of mine needs it (he has no account)

Fatboy12345236

Trophies
XP
Country
I got a tip for you Curley5959!
smile.gif
I think people ask this a bit,

Q: I have a Flashcart! I try to get some cheats to work, and they don't! Why aren't they working?
A: The flashcart you are using properly doesn't support the codetype. A Solution is to patch the rom with the cheats. A good guide is located here: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174309

Good work Curley5959!

GrandFox

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
um... in the main post you didn't write about "how to use in Supercard".
all that in written is:
"Supercard
Acekard 2/ RPG
G6 Real
cheat.xml (Unencrypted)"
what does Unencrypted mean? how do i Unencrypt the xml file?

and as far as i understand, SC uses SCC files for cheats, not XML.

thanks.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Phoenix_Layton said:
So another question how does the R4ds card work?
they're flashcarts,go google and research about their hardware,if your asking about cheats,they made their cheat engine
edit:Put USRCHEAT.dat inside _system_ folder

eros666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first time I've bought a new game and there hasn't been AR codes already released for it. I'm asking about Ragnarok Online DS (U), and I've heard nothing's been released because of Ace Attorney?

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forgive my perpetual noobness, but where precisely do I go to request/suggest additions to the cheats list.

I cannot help but notice that the game "Godzilla Unleashed - Double Smash" (rom id #1758 for the US edition) does not feature any codes. The game has a steep learning curve that is difficult to learn initially, yet there is a large amount of unlockable material, including cheats, game modes, and playable characters. I've played the game to well over 50% completion, unlocking all the characters, levels, game modes and cheats, and a decent enough level of art (there's a LOT), leading me to assume my game save could be used to figure out the various codes.

By this time, the only thing I need to achieve 100% is time spent on the game, but I'm sure that characters, in-game cheats, and game modes would especially be things that people would like to see out the door. I'm more than a little positive I don't have the skill or patience to master the code-making software, so I wonder maybe if I provided my save, someone would consider working on the game?

marational

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to get cheats working for my SoulSilver

The cheats don't appear when I try to load them using my M3

So I opened up R4CCE but, I can't seem to open .db files, how do I fix this? :S

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
marational said:
I'm trying to get cheats working for my SoulSilver

The cheats don't appear when I try to load them using my M3

So I opened up R4CCE but, I can't seem to open .db files, how do I fix this? :S

I don't know if you're SUPPOSED to do it this way, but you can open the .db file in Notepad to change the game ID. Just search for the game's name (use Ctrl+f and search for 'Sould Silver' in your case), and it'll have the game ID below it. Then you can use R4CCE to check the ID of the rom and, if it's different from the ID on the cheat file, you can change it. Then you just save the file and the cheats should work.

If theres another way of doing it, someone please feel free to correct me.

GamerGirlEleo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! I'm sorry for any embarassing noobiness, but I wonder if all the topics where one could politely request cheat codes one was unable to make oneself are locked?

Just so I know if there are any other remaining options than plunging headfirst into the confusing world of coding for beginners. I'd love to be able to do it myself one day, but I'm a full-time university gal at the moment, so it would take a whole lot of time to learn coding in between the regular lessons...

I'll be grateful for any helping answers.

FrednIRC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question here i have seen a few ds's with like a custom dashboard or what ever it is i tried looking for how to do it or whats involved but have found nothing and idea?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirGDuzLvkQ +1