The NTSC-U SSBB's chances of working on a PAL Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Howler Monkey, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Howler Monkey
    OP

Newcomer Howler Monkey Member

Australia
    I'm trying to decide if I should download the NTSC-J version now, or wait for the NTSC-U version. I don't really want to wait for the NTSC-U version if there's not a high chance of it working on a PAL Wii. Since the NTSC-J version works on a PAL Wii, does that mean the NTSC-U version is likely to work also? Or are they unrelated and there's no way of knowing? I don't know anything about this sort of thing.

2. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    I don't see why not.

If one works why won't the other one work? Unless they rewrite the game. Just for you.

3. kristijan08

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Well i've temporarily gotten the single layer jap version, just so i can get a bit of brawling in. I will wait for the us version before i fork out a 8.5 gig download... generally if an NTSC-J game works on PAL, then an NTSC-U one does too. In all honesty, i dont think its impossible to play the game in non-english, but i would rather wait and do the non-vs mode stuff on an english version.

4. flobo

Member flobo GBAtemp Regular

France
    Since the VS menu is exactly the same as mélée's one, i don't see the need to wait for an english release. (moreover, sonic will have his lame english va in the ntsc-us/pal versions.)

5. Howler Monkey
    OP

Newcomer Howler Monkey Member

Australia
    Eh, the menus aren't really the issue for me though. Really, the only reason I want to play the English version over the Japanese version is because of David Hayter. I couldn't imagine playing Snake without his English voice actor. It'd make Snake feel so empty >_>.

6. Dylaan

Member Dylaan GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Just wondering, if you installed the update from the NTSC-U or PAL versions when they arrive and happen to feel like playing the Japanese version, will you have to run the update on it to make it work? (Installing PAL update before playing NTSC-J)

7. Redsquirrel

Member Redsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I would rather understand all the trophys etc hence why im playing the dvd5 for the mo for brawls. when the ntsc usa one comes out ill properly play that.