Gaming The Nintendo Online Paid Subscription might end up being worth it.

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 8,795
  • Replies 113
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
"PS3 had free online play, but i'm still going to pay for online play in PS4 because it should be paid"
Sony did this, Microsoft does it. Did anyone complain? No
Nintendo does it and everyone instantly loses their shit, what the hell?
PlayStation fans and fanboys alike said that they would never pay to play online and then on the newer generation.. they're paying for it (most of them anyway, some may have stuck to their word). If the online Nintendo service is worth it or I just really wanna play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online I'll go for it. I don't think Nintendo will magically go from an online service that's a 4.9/10 to a 8.9/10 quality service so quickly.

Nintendo has had YEARS (DS, 3DS, Wii, Wii U) to improve it and there was hardly a huge upgrade in any of those, it's like Nintendo got stuck in time (again) and the only modernised thing they've done now is start to charge customers.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has had YEARS (DS, 3DS, Wii, Wii U) to improve it and there was hardly a huge upgrade in any of those, it's like Nintendo got stuck in time (again) and the only modernised thing they've done now is start to charge customers.
I couldnt have said it better myself. They are still so behind their competition... i bet the new smash will still be as laggy as sm4sh is.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's not okay that Microsoft and Sony pull off the same thing, but least you can play the 'free' games longer than a month. Voice chat should have been included with the switch itself, as they are behind the vita in this aspect.

It will be worthwhile in my eyes if the online servers are actually decent and if you either keep the VC game you get monthly, or they give you notable discounts in the eshop
Also this.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I couldnt have said it better myself. They are still so behind their competition... i bet the new smash will still be as laggy as sm4sh is.
Zero lag issues in Fast RMX or Splatoon 2 so far. If it gets better or stays about the same with the paid service it'll be fine. Nobody needs to be shitting their pants over $20 - $30 a year.

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well people will have reason to bitch IF Nintendo doesn't improve their server's stability and capability as it is now with sub fee.
Complete free online is a myth even on PC, I don't mind paying a sub fee for EvE for example, it's not really free online, same for WoW or other MMOs.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PC is worse. Hackers everywhere, literally EVERY SINGLE GAME.

That's why i pay for PSPlus and have no problems with it.

What's the point of PS Plus if PS4 console exclusives are mostly single player, and the few ones that aren't have multiplayer that no one cares about? At least in the past the free games were decent but not the case anymore.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of PS Plus if PS4 console exclusives are mostly single player, and the few ones that aren't have multiplayer that no one cares about? At least in the past the free games were decent but not the case anymore.
For the multiplatform games that offer online play. There are a shit ton of games like that that's why. I haven't payed for ps plus since I received my ps4 early last year and I play games like Destiny and Overwatch constantly so I can imagine others who play many other online based games.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For the multiplatform games that offer online play. There are a shit ton of games like that that's why. I haven't payed for ps plus since I received my ps4 early last year and I play games like Destiny and Overwatch constantly so I can imagine others who play many other online based games.

Why would people play multiplatforms on an inferior console with inferior controller and inferior online subscription service? Scorpio is just coming to nail the last coffin on playstation and we're halfway gen. Nintendo has the portable market and the exclusives, Microsoft does have the best multiplayer titles, online subscription services, most powerful console and best value overall. PC has Steam, flexibility, dominates in many game genres, has freedom and infinite backwards compatibility. Sony is this dying greedy guy which holds on shelving out millions of dollars to 3rd parties and their game studios for a few single player exclusives, most of which they shelved out in the 1st few months of 2017 but the next years look as bleak as 2013-2016 looked, with much hype and very few actual games that justify their inferior console. I loved every PlayStation before PS4 so much that it makes me sad to watch what it's becoming, an attempt at a milking cow to sustain other sony failing divisions with many console sales but most exclusives struggle to reach more than 5% of their install base.

In short, Nintendo service makes way more sense than PS Plus, at least Nintendo does have greatmultiplayer exclusives. PS Plus has become a joke and I'm probably not renewing when the time comes.

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would people play multiplatforms on an inferior console with inferior controller and inferior online subscription service? Scorpio is just coming to nail the last coffin on playstation and we're halfway gen. Nintendo has the portable market and the exclusives, Microsoft does have the best multiplayer titles, online subscription services, most powerful console and best value overall. PC has Steam, flexibility, dominates in many game genres, has freedom and infinite backwards compatibility. Sony is this dying greedy guy which holds on shelving out millions of dollars to 3rd parties and their game studios for a few single player exclusives, most of which they shelved out in the 1st few months of 2017 but the next years look as bleak as 2013-2016 looked, with much hype and very few actual games that justify their inferior console. I loved every PlayStation before PS4 so much that it makes me sad to watch what it's becoming, an attempt at a milking cow to sustain other sony failing divisions with many console sales but most exclusives struggle to reach more than 5% of their install base.

In short, Nintendo service makes way more sense than PS Plus, at least Nintendo does have greatmultiplayer exclusives. PS Plus has become a joke and I'm probably not renewing when the time comes.

Last I checked Sony was still dominating the gaming console market so every point you made was really invalid. PS4 and even the pro is still going to be plenty relevant when scorpio comes so everything besides ps plus that you mentioned is irrelevant since the base ps4 does have superior multiplats, a remarkable and enjoyable controller with a online service far superior to that of the switch and is just on par with xbox live. You must be joking or a kid or a troll to believe on what you said honestly. Sure PC is great but it has many flaws which I can say be cause I own a pc and ps4 and xbox. Switch has .001% that of multiplatform games on the xbox one and ps4 with mostly single player exclusives (like how you said the ps4 had) and it's services really offer what exactly?

Last edited by BlackWizzard17,

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Last I checked Sony was still dominating the gaming console market so every point you made was really invalid. PS4 and even the pro is still going to be plenty relevant when scorpio comes so everything besides ps plus that you mentioned is irrelevant since the base ps4 does have superior multiplats, a remarkable and enjoyable controller with a online service far superior to that of the switch and is just on par with xbox live. You must be joking or a kid or a troll to believe on what you said honestly. Sure PC is great but it has many flaws which I can say be cause I own a pc and ps4 and xbox. Switch has .001% that of multiplatform games on the xbox one and ps4 with mostly single player exclusives (like how you said the ps4 had) and it's services really offer what exactly?

Hahahhaaha every fact I stated is invalid because... you said so?

PS4 is inferior and obsolete, now with Scorpio it's about to get crushed in every front and we're barely half-way gen. It doesn't have the power, the portability, the software, the freedom and not even the value to keep it up with Switch, Xbox and PC. It's a pitiful console in every way clinging to a few multi-million exclusive contracts for 7 year hype/7 hours play single player titles and a fanbase that forgets to buy the games they talk so much about. How's selling to less than 5% of their install base sound? How many PS4 owners got their hands on Sony Japan's Studio dear baby Gravity Rush 2? 1 among 100? LOL People bought their PS4s in 2013-2016 and realize it sucks, so they use it as a netflix/fifa box or leave them gathering dust hahah no wonder only relatively few owners actually buy and play games on it.

You have no arguments, your opinion isn't an argument. Swallow that bitter pill bro, Thank god I don't have only a PS4 and can criticize it all I want for the bad console it is. Depending on Sony for gaming is pretty sad nowdays. I can sympathize with your situation.

No, I can't haha.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's over for Sony. They are losers in the handheld market, they have an inferior console which is about to be thrashed by Scorpio because people want to play the best versions of the titles that really matter to the public, and those will be on Scorpio, and they have no stake in the PC market. We're at least 3 years apart from a new console generation and Sony future looks bleak. They might as well quit making consoles and become 3rd party again. Sell their games on steam maybe? 30% cut for valve shouldn't be that bad for Sony.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Going back on topic, my biggest issues with this are:
1) you cant keep the games (main reason I have ps+ and xbl gold)
2) you still need an external device
3) its currently still missing things that it NEEDS e.g. Cloud saves (although this should be free)

I just hope that besides online play Im not coerced into needing it for something else like ms tried with the 360 for services that werent even theirs e.g.vod.

Considering the price of xbl/ps+ where I live, I think £10 is what it should cost at the most for a year.

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahahhaaha every fact I stated is invalid because... you said so?

PS4 is inferior and obsolete, now with Scorpio it's about to get crushed in every front and we're barely half-way gen. It doesn't have the power, the portability, the software, the freedom and not even the value to keep it up with Switch, Xbox and PC. It's a pitiful console in every way clinging to a few multi-million exclusive contracts for 7 year hype/7 hours play single player titles and a fanbase that forgets to buy the games they talk so much about. How's selling to less than 5% of their install base sound? How many PS4 owners got their hands on Sony Japan's Studio dear baby Gravity Rush 2? 1 among 100? LOL People bought their PS4s in 2013-2016 and realize it sucks, so they use it as a netflix/fifa box or leave them gathering dust hahah no wonder only relatively few owners actually buy and play games on it.

You have no arguments, your opinion isn't an argument. Swallow that bitter pill bro, Thank god I don't have only a PS4 and can criticize it all I want for the bad console it is. Depending on Sony for gaming is pretty sad nowdays. I can sympathize with your situation.

No, I can't haha.
Lol what dude. As John Cena would say "Are you sure about that".

Please provide better details on how the PS4 is obsolete because youre just a ranting Fanboy. Let me break it down with you.
The Switch is an underpowered piece of shit in my opinion, it might as well be an updated nvidIA shield with a nintendo logo attached to it. I do not see the system getting the support it needs besides first party games and a few third party games for only 2 yeas max and it's gonna flop soon as people get bored playing zelda on the go constantly. You want a great gaming experience on the go get yourself a gaming laptop. The ps4 however is still selling well, still has third party and 1st party support and even offers an Internet browser along with streaming media where as the switch doesn't even have youtube while my phone from 2014 does.

You go straight to the Scorpio and how it's gonna dominate, how do you know that. Are you a psychic? No so please your Fanboy is showing for a console not even here yet. What do you think is gonna make people jump to the Scorpio exactly. Sure it might sell well but that does not mean ps4 or ps4 pro user won't get the same experience on the console they still have. You say no opinions yet you bring up to your opinion like it's a fact.
Look at the sales of the ps4 and user experience and tell me how pitiful of a console it really is because to me you just hate the fact that it is the best and perferred console on the market.

Last edited by BlackWizzard17,

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's over for Sony. They are losers in the handheld market, they have an inferior console which is about to be thrashed by Scorpio because people want to play the best versions of the titles that really matter to the public, and those will be on Scorpio, and they have no stake in the PC market. We're at least 3 years apart from a new console generation and Sony future looks bleak. They might as well quit making consoles and become 3rd party again. Sell their games on steam maybe? 30% cut for valve shouldn't be that bad for Sony.
Delusion at it's finest, did you shoot up before you wrote this?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things PS4 has: Games.
Things Appbox One and Scorpio have: Apps.

Does Candy Crush have online multiplayer?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when its only like $2 a month, its hard to really complain. I'm not a fan of the idea, but I'll pay nearly $2 for a bottle of a soda, 3 or 4 days a week, if I just not have a soda on one of those days in any given month then I will notice no real difference, except for one day in a month I wont be as quenched as I'd like to be.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP

Xbox Scorpio will be more powerful than the PS4 Pro but in terms of exclusives and multiplats, PS4 wins the round very easily whereas Xbox is seriously lacking in having any great exclusives to incentive people to choose Xbox over PlayStation. Microsoft stupidly cancelled Scalebound and that is something they shouldn't have done.

when its only like $2 a month, its hard to really complain. I'm not a fan of the idea, but I'll pay nearly $2 for a bottle of a soda, 3 or 4 days a week, if I just not have a soda on one of those days in any given month then I will notice no real difference, except for one day in a month I wont be as quenched as I'd like to be.

You're paying so you're a premium user and if Nintendo still offers a shitty service then there isn't much point to paying it then.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lol i don't know how xbox is even still alive pretty much only murica cares about it no one gives 2 sits here they're all ps4 or switch users and look what they charge for XBL so fools can play shitty shooters, racing and sports games online when they can play the exact same games on PC online FREE :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello