The next step after GW 2.0?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Enigma Hall, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Enigma Hall
    OP

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Well. I´m tired of this wait. Multi-rom? Nop, let´s release a emunand and let´s the dice roll...(We will release 2.0 betwen Christmans and Nem Year Loyal fans, but no) Brick code? Lol, now we have a excuse to delay the lauch... New Year... some more time, only some days, this weak, wait... Wait, is it! (Wonderful Idea) Beta testers. Now you can wait a little (not especified) more time.

And why? Maybe because this is the great card? The exodia of Gateway? After they release the multi-rom suport what is the next step?
    What they can create so expected than the multi-rom? They already know? You people have something in mind? Or maybe they can stuck in not so important updates?

I think at this point, the GW team is very clever, we have confirmated with the "we fix your GW bricked". And i understand the need of get attention, stay on the focus, sell more. But this is becoming very annoying.

This topic is to give to the "fans" something to think about and to discuss what you people think will come after 2.0 multi-room release.

the-green likes this.
  2. Nismax
    This message by Nismax has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Feb 28, 2014, Reason: That's not necessary..
    Feb 28, 2014
  3. Icepotter
    This message by Icepotter has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Feb 28, 2014, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Feb 28, 2014

4. KidIce

KidIce Smart Ass

Dec 22, 2005
    United States
    Actually, at this point I am beginning to expect that GW3DS = DS-X. High quality, high price, a lot of hype/arrogance, a lot of talk... Dropping support before having a mature product and just disappearing w/ the bulk of their promises unfulfilled.

Their multi-rom solution is awesome (judging from the video), MT-Card's is laughable at best by comparison... I'm beginning to suspect we will never see GW 2.0 proper. or any update there after.

I genuinely hope I'm wrong; I mean I own a GW, it's in my best interest if I'm wrong.

5. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Really the only thing going forward after multirom, would be cracking the new safeguards in 7.x SDKs. (which if they can't, is the end of the scene anyways)

TBH, I can live without multi-rom. It's a cool bonus, but so far the GW does everything I've ever wanted it to do. Enjoyed emunand for finally being able to play the carts.

It's done when it's done as far as I'm concerned. Worst case, no multirom support ever shows, and 2 games cant' be played. Nothing of value was lost.

Idaho likes this.
  6. AngryRussianKid

AngryRussianKid GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2014
    Serbia, Republic of
    After 2.0? Nowadays, GW2.0 becomes Half Life 3, wait A BIT LONGER

eriol33 and pin like this.
  7. arange

arange Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2006
    Real time save, cheats, homebrew, fw 4.5+ system compatibility... there's a bit of wiggle room I think.

f0rCe, Veho and MegaBassBX like this.
  8. salvatore

salvatore GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2013
    Italy
    after.....

we are still here waiting for the 2.0 to 4 months......after 2.0 will be very very very long, if never will be out FW 2.0

9. voddy

voddy No Title Available

Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    the wait should be over soon.... its in (final)beta-testing since 25.02!
    the only thing coming after that would be (possibly) fixing new released games and maybe 7.X support (but i doubt that one^^)

10. tecra_a8

tecra_a8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2009
    Indonesia
    they still have to work on the online play

11. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    There's a laundry list of features to get 3DS flash carts on par with DS flash carts at the end of their cycle. Starting with 7.x encryption key support and online play support, just to name two big ones. It's pretty hard to try to belittle Gateway's role in the 3DS scene, considering there wouldn't be a 3DS scene or any advancement in it without them. That doesn't excuse the bricking scandal, of course, but it certainly doesn't diminish those things as separate accomplishments, either.

the.rx-78 likes this.
  12. cypher007

cypher007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2014
    this is what GW said we would get soon, presumably in 2.0.

This is what our users will soon be able to enjoy on their Gateway system:

- Integrated menu system
    - Emu-Nand with up to date compatibility
    - Back up your own game cartridges
    - Nand based titles compatibility
    - Fat32 based drag & drop Multi-Rom
    - New real time save system

13. tyons

tyons GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 11, 2012
    Italy
    notice that "Emu-Nand with up to date compatibility" doesn't mean that the gateway will work on realnand 5.0+. just to be clear and prevent a horde of people asking if they will be able to use it.

14. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    What if there is a game over 4GB in size, even after being trimmed? Will Gateway add FAT32 file splitting support, much like the Wii's .wbfs split files?

15. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Well so far there aren't any. But yeah, it might eventually be something they'd want to add, assuming a game over 4GB is ever released.

JayRo likes this.
  16. dagro

dagro GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2013
    Biggest atm is 2gb so we still got a lot of room

bigusheadus and JayRo like this.
  17. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    GW 2.1...

18. cypher007

cypher007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2014
    I thought resident evil was 3.3gb or so trimmed.

19. dagro

dagro GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2013
    If you get rid of updates etc it should go lower anyways my post was based on this http://prntscr.com/2wjznd

20. FrankVVV

FrankVVV Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2013
    Belgium

Bravely Default is 3.5gb trimmed.

21. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    Plus we was going to get a rom dumper, so we can dump our games. wtf happened to that?

cearp likes this.
  22. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    something i think should be added, would be dumping and restoring retail cart saves, this has a few benefits, people who have already played on retail who want to play on emunand don't have to delete all their progress if it uses the newer encryption (they would still have to start over on emunand but atleast they could restore if they ever wanted to), people who have already started on retail carts could transfer their saves over to use with gateway (assuming the game isn't one that uses the newer encryption)

suppose if there was ever a save game exploit, it would mean people could put the exploit on without having to buy a powersaves or r4i dongle or whatever (aslong as they have access to a 4.x 3ds).......this is all a IF situation but it could be useful