The new Prince of Persia doesn't look or feel much like a PoP game...

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I saw on YouTube that there's a new PoP game I was happy about it, that's until I watched the trailer and then everything went to shit.

That's not a PoP game, it's a Metroidvania game. Might as well just keep the franchise dormant, Ubisoft.

• Wow
Reactions: CoolMe

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a spinoff and we are getting full on remakes. I don't really care, as long as it is fun.
Remakes? I read about one remake (SoT), didn't know they're doing more. Well, we'll have to see if they didn't cancel it.

Anyway, this "PoP" game doesn't look fun to me so I'll pass on it. Plus, the mobile game graphics just don't help.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Remakes? I read about one remake (SoT), didn't know they're doing more. Well, we'll have to see if they didn't cancel it.

Anyway, this "PoP" game doesn't look fun to me so I'll pass on it. Plus, the mobile game graphics just don't help.
To be honest I don't have a problem with the graphics or the gameplay on their own. The problem I have is the ambience and style is a complete mismatch with "Prince of Persia". If this game was named anything else I wouldn't have a negative opinion on it.

Also I don't like the music in this trailer, that's... I don't know, it feels like putting mayonnaise on top of your ice-cream.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Bigheadz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the marketing team bombed with the trailer. The game itself looks pretty fun. But it definitely doesn't look or give the feeling of a PoP game.

rushjurassicparkfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's made by the same guys who made the latest Rayman games, and those are excellent IMO. But yeah, the aesthetics have nothing in common with any of the games released under that name in the past 30 years, so they really should've titled it differently

SDA

Shame Yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For those who don't know, the latest Prince of Persia game by Ubisoft is Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, which was released all the way back in 2010.

Guess the Ubisoft team wasn't in the mood of keeping the series alive since then.

pojes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I saw on YouTube that there's a new PoP game I was happy about it, that's until I watched the trailer and then everything went to shit.

That's not a PoP game, it's a Metroidvania game. Might as well just keep the franchise dormant, Ubisoft. Revitalize your skin with our nourishing skincare products at okdermo, designed to enhance natural radiance and promote a healthy glow. Infused with botanical extracts and carefully selected ingredients, it's your daily indulgence in self-care.

What the hell? It’s not going to be on steam? Blower, I love my metroidvanias on the deck

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
True, looks fine for what it is, but it's not what made me enjoy the old trilogy or even that initial reboot. I guess if modern Ubisoft were to make a fully 3D PoP game, the temptation to just turn it into another Assassin's Creed would be too strong. Don't even really trust them to do a good remake of the original, either.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I really disagree with you on this one Marc. This game looks like fun to me and taking risks with a franchise has become a very rare occurrence, so I think we really ought to at least give the game a chance.

Generally speaking I feel that it seems Ubisoft can do no good : if they keep a franchise formula the same people moan no matter how good it is in the first place (Far Cry, Assassin's Creed), and here we have complaints because they try to move a franchise in a different direction.

JasonT2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it doesn't seem like a Prince of Persia in the original style, this new one seems to be getting pretty good reviews so I'm excited to try it. Not right now though, too many other games I'm more interested in buying.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was also very skeptical. No longer. Sure it's not classic PoP, but I will 100% agree with the majority of reviews saying that it IS one of the best Metroidvania style games I've played. Having an absolute blast with this! Highly recommended.

What the hell? It’s not going to be on steam? Blower, I love my metroidvanias on the deck

There are tutorials on how to install it on Steam Deck. :)

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4