Hacking The N-Card is pissing me off..

Fatenekki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
I've bought DS Lite along with 2GB N-Card around 2 months ago and I'm having some serious problems 1 week ago.
When the N-Card finished loading the games, strange images appeared and some games were ???. I restarted it and it went back to normal but... it couldn't save anymore and erased my game's save. I tried to play one of my games, saved and the next time I load the game, the game save was empty. Aside from that, my DS Lite is acting strangely! Sometimes it automatically choose games and keep pointing at something... couldn't use stylus to play at all... This is so great... My DS Lite and N-Card.. both went mad..

What should I do? Should I try to save my N-Card somehow? by.. umm.. format or something? My friend was using R4 and her DS Lite was doing amazingly fine... I think I need to take out 500-600HKD to repair my DS Lite and R4... This is soo sad..

wilsey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
sounds like simple file corruption, shold be fixable

as you prob know, the N Card has alot of clone cards, and alot of the same firmware updates under differnet names

what card do you have and what version firmware?

Fatenekki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
sounds like simple file corruption, shold be fixable

as you prob know, the N Card has alot of clone cards, and alot of the same firmware updates under differnet names

what card do you have and what version firmware?

I'm not sure what card you mean but.. I bought it in Macau... I'm using USB to put games on my N-Card. 16G_256K, firmware (1.23O) english.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see your problem, as I have tested almost all of the N-Card clones and have gotten the same problem many times. It just happens to be a problem with the N-Card clones and the older software. You need to update to either the newest DSLinker or MK5 software and this should greatly lessen the issue. The N-Card clones are known for the save bug issues in which saves just seem to disappear. You can check out the reviews in my sig for more info.

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

wilsey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
first thing to do is backup your save files and roms etc, you should be in the habbit of backing up your save files every so often (once a week)

once you have backed up, simply start your NDS holding key L,R,A,B and down to do a format. once completed switch of and restart your nds as normal and it will auto create a DSYSTEM folder for you. Again restart this time with your writer in slot 2 and enter usb mode, now copy over your backed up contents

The Ncard and its clones has a habbit of corruption after so long

Fatenekki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
I see your problem, as I have tested almost all of the N-Card clones and have gotten the same problem many times. It just happens to be a problem with the N-Card clones and the older software. You need to update to either the newest DSLinker or MK5 software and this should greatly lessen the issue. The N-Card clones are known for the save bug issues in which saves just seem to disappear. You can check out the reviews in my sig for more info.

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

Hello! I've downloaded latest firmware from DSLinker and finished upgrading.. After I turn on my DS Lite and tries to enter my N-Card, an error appeared:
"Loading menu... error : not format!"
Now I couldn't access to neither USB Mode (error: not format) and Game Mode (Just freezed in blank)

Fatenekki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
first thing to do is backup your save files and roms etc, you should be in the habbit of backing up your save files every so often (once a week)

once you have backed up, simply start your NDS holding key L,R,A,B and down to do a format. once completed switch of and restart your nds as normal and it will auto create a DSYSTEM folder for you. Again restart this time with your writer in slot 2 and enter usb mode, now copy over your backed up contents

The Ncard and its clones has a habbit of corruption after so long
OMG!! I have made a BIG MISTAKE! I should have waited for your post lol... and i read too quickly and act too quickly T_T

wilsey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
it's ok, they are mostly the same, which version of dslinker did you update to?

as for the format issue, hold keys A,B,L,R and down on the d-pad, do this as soon as you switch on your nds, it will format the card for you

Fatenekki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
it's ok, they are mostly the same, which version of dslinker did you update to?

as for the format issue, hold keys A,B,L,R and down on the d-pad, do this as soon as you switch on your nds, it will format the card for you
I've upgraded to 1.39..
I've already finished format (I think), but I think there's a little wrong about ur instruction? I switch on the NDS, and did A+B+L+R +down to format, but nothing happens... Then I tried it again (No need to hold down on d-pad?) after choosing N-Card and it formatted.

Looks like it works now... I need to try more games to confirm
smile.gif

Thanks alot guys! Thank you very much!

wilsey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
nope is proper instructions

A,B,L,R + Up puts the card into flash mode
A,B,L,R + Down does a QUICK format

am guessing you did a full format
wink.gif

glad you got it working, enjoy
biggrin.gif

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, from now on make sure you update your N-Card firmware (Just go to GBATemp as usual). The earlier firmware's weren't very good. The N-Card team has came a long way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw