OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi
biggrin.gif

I have a wii with a strange problem: it reads the sd card only if I keep it pressed with something (finger, paper, ecc.)
Bootmii strangely reads and writes normally even if I don't keep the sd card pressed.
I think it's a software problem (a bugged IOS, something :|)
I only have on my wii the HBC, dvdx and bootmii\boot2.
I found a workaround using an usb sd reader, but the sd slot is much faster than the usb reader.
Is it a software bug? Can I fix it?
I don't have custom wads, cios, cmios, etc., only hbc, dvdx and bootmii on the boot2.

(OT: Is my English good? xD)

-Blaziken-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it is the last thing I would do, really
frown.gif

They would say: "Send it to repair" "Update to 4.2" (I have 4.0e) "Did you hacked your wii?" etc.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you've got the spring of death. the spring that holds the card in is fucked you can either dismantle your wii yourself and try to fix it or send it to N. or just use duct tape to keep the card pushed in.

-Blaziken-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bladexdsl said:
you've got the spring of death. the spring that holds the card in is fucked you can either dismantle your wii yourself and try to fix it or send it to N. or just use duct tape to keep the card pushed in.

what are duct tapes?
the sd remains in when I put it in like ds games, but the wii doesn't read it if I don't keep it pressed.
with bootmii it works without keeping it pressed with something °_°

-Blaziken-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes, but it makes the wii sticky >_>
the fact is that I can't figure why it works normally with bootmii and why doesn't in the System Menu or in the HBC...
i'll try using tape.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
if the SD card stays in place when its put in the wii then it is NOT a spring problem at all. If the spring works, it works.
Sounds like you have a contact problem. Try a different sd card and see what happens. It is likely the gold contacts on your sd card have worn and do not fully connect to the wii's. This is why it works when you push it in as you are reaffirming the connection.
If you get the same problem with a new sd card then it is a contact issue on the wii side of things so all you can do is send it to ninty.
4.2 can be hacked so dont worry, you will loose bootmii though. Not sure but I think preloader will still work and keep the same level of protection.

-Blaziken-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
frown.gif

The strange thing is that with Bootmii works perfectly O_O
I'll use my usb sd reader... Can I use USB 2.0 with the hbc? there was a cios that enabled that, but I don't know if I can use it with the HBC :\

-Blaziken-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
frown.gif

I'll use my usb sd reader... Can I use USB 2.0 with the hbc? there was a cios that enabled that, but I don't know if I can use it with the HBC :\

Posts merged

frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things