Hacking The most up to date method to overclock vita?

Vitaminer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in the days when I had my psp, I overclocked it to play demanding games lik gta: vcs, it's much smoothee than the regular clock rate, the drawback is it drains battey faster, I remember it was like 222, 266, and the max rate of 333mhz, I wonder what mhz the vita runs on OC mode, I dont think it is unsafe, it just use more battery

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What if I want to use it in everything that I have on my vita?
Does it have to be mandatory to enter each id...?

Cheers.
Unfortunately, yes. If you try to use the ALL tag, it causes homebrew and system apps (like settings and things) to stop working. At the moment, you'll have to add them in one at a time.

Reactions: BasedIndex

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@Tom Bombadildo This thread was werry helpful. Thanks for clearing some things up!
Just one question. What i s better "overclocking" plugin on vita, since i see there are several or them? maybe they all do the same thing, but which one do you prefer, lets say?
Better amphetamin is a bit outdated, so use oclockvita. That's kinda it.

Reactions: Metoroid0

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Best Method for Safe Over Clocking)
https://github.com/frangarcj/oclockvita/releases

Grab the current version. Add this into the config.txt, don't forget to add the plugin into the "tai" folder:

*ALL
ur0:tai/oclockvita1.2.1.suprx

restart your vita. your bubbles should open faster, and also it will create one or two folders in the "ur0" folder

now delete these lines from your config.txt file in your ur0 folder, that you added and delete the oclock plugin

*ALL

you will notice a speed increase for all your games without the plugin, thats the whole point! It changes the processor behavior, so you don't need to overclock at all, you just need to run the plugin once. Don't leave the plugin turned on, it breaks the touch screen options on pstv, and makes some games awkward, otherwise, its all good for adrenaline and homebrew also!

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

onaryc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
(Best Method for Safe Over Clocking)
https://github.com/frangarcj/oclockvita/releases

Grab the current version. Add this into the config.txt, don't forget to add the plugin into the "tai" folder:

*ALL

restart your vita. your bubbles should open faster, and also it will create one or two folders in the "ur0" folder

now delete these lines from your config.txt file in your ur0 folder, that you added and delete the oclock plugin

*ALL

you will notice a speed increase for all your games without the plugin, thats the whole point! It changes the processor behavior, so you don't need to overclock at all, you just need to run the plugin once. Don't leave the plugin turned on, it breaks the touch screen options on pstv, and makes some games awkward, otherwise, its all good for adrenaline and homebrew also!

Perhaps i'm completely wrong, but the default frequencies values are then changed (i imagine that this config is stored in the ur0 folders created by the plugin), but if you want to restore the "real" default values, for keeping battery life, running a game which is incompatible with the current frequencies, ..., you can't (unless deleting the ur0 folders, if the config is actualy there).

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(my guess is that the native behavior of the vita has a few profiles or something similar....................you probably won't have any compatibility issues at all, you are not using the plugin, you are just running it once to change some native behavior.....................if you want to go back to the way everything was, run the other overclock plugin "better amp" something, and then uninstall it, that should do the trick, but I haven't tested)

(some of the game title updates, that is from 1.00 to 1.01, modifies that behavior the same way the oclock plugin does, just a guess)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I didnt meant to have speed increase in All my game and to change default profile, i was thinking how can i enter overclock menu in every game, and not just the one i specified in configuration text file, with game id i had to write down in one line... you know, just like i can enter overclock menu with amphetamine any time in any game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1