Hacking The most up to date method to overclock vita?

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I didnt meant to have speed increase in All my game and to change default profile, i was thinking how can i enter overclock menu in every game, and not just the one i specified in configuration text file, with game id i had to write down in one line... you know, just like i can enter overclock menu with amphetamine any time in any game
it was mentioned in the post I linked. use *ALL instead of game code. like that.

*ALL
ur0:tai/oclockvita1.2.1.suprx

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Check the Link I gave you above
this is not oclock vita? i like oclock because it has premade profiles already, you just go lef-right to choose mx performance, max battery, game defaults and defaults.... does this has that also?

Also it reminds me of PSP VHS menu :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it was mentioned in the post I linked. use *ALL instead of game code. like that.

*ALL
ur0:tai/oclockvita1.2.1.suprx
But thats in ur0 not ux0 (the memory card) is that ok? what is ur0 anyway?

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
this is not oclock vita? i like oclock because it has premade profiles already, you just go lef-right to choose mx performance, max battery, game defaults and defaults.... does this has that also?

Also it reminds me of PSP VHS menu :)

But thats in ur0 not ux0 (the memory card) is that ok? what is ur0 anyway?
Ur0 is where you place plugins since Ensõ, you can still place them in ux9 and point to them in config.txt. and vhs menu is so nice to be back

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Ur0 is where you place plugins since Ensõ, you can still place them in ux9 and point to them in config.txt. and vhs menu is so nice to be back
What's the difference in placing files in Ur0 and not in Ux0?

True, it feels nice. i especially like ability to reboot, suspend and shut down, i used that always on my psp. :) ,i installed it, but i like "Oclock" since it has these pre made profiles "max bat...max erformance, etc..." it would be sweet to add that also and battery temperature.
By the way, now my Oclock doesnt work, any idea why?

EDIT: oops scratch that last thing, i made oclock specific to one game :P anyway, can i have vhs and oclock, is that a problem?

Last edited by Metoroid0,

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What's the difference in placing files in Ur0 and not in Ux0?

True, it feels nice. i especially like ability to reboot, suspend and shut down, i used that always on my psp. :) ,i installed it, but i like "Oclock" since it has these pre made profiles "max bat...max erformance, etc..." it would be sweet to add that also and battery temperature.
By the way, now my Oclock doesnt work, any idea why?

EDIT: oops scratch that last thing, i made oclock specific to one game :P anyway, can i have vhs and oclock, is that a problem?
Just that ur0 stays whether you removenthe memcard or not. Ensõ prefers the ur0 location.
Not all games work with it yet, it will be updated

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Just that ur0 stays whether you removenthe memcard or not. Ensõ prefers the ur0 location.
Not all games work with it yet, it will be updated
Ok now i got a problem with adrenaline. in adrenaline the vhs menu is invisible but it works. Any ideas how to fix it? aslo i notice in sky force vhs doesn't work?

Also...what does that mean exactly "Ensõ prefers the ur0 location"

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ok now i got a problem with adrenaline. in adrenaline the vhs menu is invisible but it works. Any ideas how to fix it? aslo i notice in sky force vhs doesn't work?

Also...what does that mean exactly "Ensõ prefers the ur0 location"
Henkaku Ensõ reads it's plugins from ur0, but you can place your plugins wherever you want and point to them in config.txt
For the vhs, it will be improved in the future. It has some fault right now

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Henkaku Ensõ reads it's plugins from ur0, but you can place your plugins wherever you want and point to them in config.txt
For the vhs, it will be improved in the future. It has some fault right now
Oh i see, that explains its mixing up with psp's vhs menu :/
i guess i need to wait for fix... thanks!

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
from showing up in a game, app, like adrenaline so it wont mix up with PSP's vhs menu as it does, because i set it up to show in all apps and that includes adrenaline as it seems so.... i dont use it anymore till i see a fix or at least get this sorted out.
You can make it show only for certain app.

or if you want it running under a specific title:
CODE: SELECT ALL# titleid for your application
*VID000162
ux0:tai/vsh.suprx

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
i want to show it in all apps, except in adrenaline.
Well you have to add each game than, will try to figure out if we can exclude a single app

@Metoroid0 Use this
!*PCSXXXXX
*ALL
ur0:tai/oclockvita.suprx

Where! *PCSXXXXX is the titleID off app you wish to exclude

Reactions: Metoroid0

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(MLTHAKU was updated, and, that update installs adrenaline automatically, and vita shell automatically, after they are installed, you have to delete them immediately, you will have already installed vita shell's current version with henkaku before you ran MLTHAKU)

(if you don't delete the auto installs of adrenaline and vita shell, you won't be able to install those programs when your vita restarts and your micro SD is on ux0.........etc.)

(that is where I got the idea to just install the oclockvita plugin and run it once, and then delete the plugin and entry in the config.txt file................it changes the default profile of the vita's processor to one that matches some of the vita approved and native update profiles like 1.00 to 1.01 that is best guess) (also regardless of the game having an update or not)

(works with every game, and app, and you don't need to keep a plugin running for it................................nobody has mentioned how the other "over clock" programs don't work with "nonpdrm" rips or original cartridges, or with specific games, you won't have any problems using the "best method")

(some games like the ENTIRE HYPERDIMENSIONAL NEPTUNIA SERIES...................has an "under clocked native profile" so you will notice this after bulk loads, like during the immediate beginnings of levels or a few seconds after a major (special in game) attack is unloaded by the game....................."oclockvita1.2.1" completely fixes these issues................using the "best method")

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
So hold up. If you use oclockvita once with its default game clocking, it still stays like that for e everything even if you delete the plugin? What? Isnt that like, really bad?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So hold up. If you use oclockvita once with its default game clocking, it still stays like that for e everything even if you delete the plugin? What? Isnt that like, really bad?
Nope. Only thing it'll affect is battery life and that's it. You're not technically "over clocking" the Vita's CPU, you're just setting the clock to the maximum allowed speed (444mhz) set by Sony. Most games don't use this for a couple reasons, most don't need it, and battery life concerns. A few games already have a default clock of 444mhz, but most games don't.

Technically, the Vita's SoC could be clocked up to 2ghz, if it were unlocked, with no problems whatsoever other than using up lots of battery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye yeah those are great too