Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
I moved it here because I consider it to be a personal podcast. It might be made with members of the community, available exclusively here and done for the entertainment of the community but it's still a personal podcast. Where is the reference to the community in the title? You could have called it TempCastToo:The Unofficial Tempcast, TempTime with Monkat, The Temporal with Monkat or any one of a hundred names that referenced the temp. You didn't though, you called it the Monkast. It's basically the monkat show. As it's a personal podcast the thread is advertising your personal project, which is against the rules. Instead of closing the thread as is standard, which has happened to others in similar situations, I moved it to the blogs where personal things go because I felt it was a good compromise for something that was both reasonably popular and encouraged participation. Just because you see it as a place for "whines and rants" doesn't mean it is. If what really concerned you was the community you wouldn't be chucking your toys out of your pram because it had been moved. The section it was in wouldn't concern you one little bit so long as people could still access it and participate in it. Instead you're acting like I trashed your post and increased your warn for it. You can still do the monkast, it's just that personally I feel it belongs in the blogs as it's a personal podcast. Give it a community based title and it'll be a different story.

Nothing more can be said.
I would like to see the monkast continue, but this is where it should be.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Monkat.
Everybody loves the podcast. Why not just do a few more... Yeah, TrolleyDave moved it, yeah he thought it was advertising. So what?

It's still a great podcast. We all enjoy listening to it, we all enjoy being a part of it.

You wanna take a break, fine. But don't cancel it....

This was silly....

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't going to say anything, but fuck it... I'd just like to know why after 5 weeks of the monkast this comes up now? If this is how the GBAtemp staff views it (as an advertisement) why did it take 5 weeks for it to be said?

I also thought monkat had more balls than this! To just give up and quit....
mad.gif

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
I wasn't going to say anything, but fuck it... I'd just like to know why after 5 weeks of the monkast this comes up now? If this is how the GBAtemp staff views it (as an advertisement) why did it take 5 weeks for it to be said?
It's been like a week xD! Way to be late
tongue.gif

QUOTE(431unknown @ Feb 9 2011, 02:11 AM) I also thought monkat had more balls than this! To just give up and quit....
mad.gif
If this were important, or serious, or someone depended on this, yeah, giving up isn't in my dictionary.

But it's not, and no one does. It's a small project that is completely negligible, has no goal, and has gone unappreciated on behalf of GBAtemp.net, if not it's users. If I stop, I get more time for things. If I stop, maybe half a dozen people care for a week or so. That's it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch