The Monkast 5: International Edition

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Tonight joining me are the returning geoflcl, our musical Ace Faith, and the Awesome Aussie, Coreyfrog7! Enjoy our random rants and delicious deserts! Wait, there's no deserts...

Geo and Ace really love grapefruits, though. Freaks.

Download: Here
RSS Feed: Subscribe

Feeds should be updated within an hour or so of this post. Maybe sooner.

Bah. Well, anyway, if I can't show my sexy bod, I'll just say that Twiffles made the awesome album art! So awesome! Ace Faith is responsible for the intro and outro themes.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE: Send in emails to [email protected] !

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, grapefruit.
wub.gif

Anyway, this was a good'un, I think. And I'm not just saying that because we get payed paid per click.
ohmy.gif

Edit: Dear gawd, that was a horrendous misspelling. I won't hide my shame.
ohnoes.png

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
geoflcl said:
Ahh, grapefruit.
wub.gif

Anyway, this was a good'un, I think. And I'm not just saying that because we get payed per click.
ohmy.gif
Way to spell paid
smile.gif
!

I wish I got paid per click....

EDIT:

Why the fuck was this moved to blogs? This isn't some random event in my life that I wanted to rant about - it's a god damn podcast!

*rages*

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Important Note For Podcast Listeners

This is the final episode of the Monkast.

And before anyone makes the comment about it: yes, I'm butthurt. Yes, I'm being a whiny little bitch, and yes, I'm letting pride get in the way of things. I'm human, too.

I started this podcast with the express intention of adding my name to something, and as a biproduct of what a podcast is, it contributed to the GBAtemp community. geoflcl, iFish, and I were already chatting on skype, so it would be easy enough, right? Well, yeah. It was easy enough. And recording was fun, as well. The editing, not so much, but c'est la vie sometimes.

I've had a ton of help from all of the guests, and I can never thank Twiffles and Ace Faith enough for their artistic contributions to the podcast. You guys are really awesome, and your work is second to none. Except for the outro
unsure.gif
- didn't really suit the podcast! xD!

You listeners have been great too - even though the questions were quite lacking most of the time. Your feedback in the thread was more than enough to help this little project along. I really do appreciate it, even though it may have seemed like nothing.

But to view this whole thing as an advertisement? I don't care if you don't listen - that's up to you. I don't care if anyone listens, for that matter. But this is taking every little good thing about the project and throwing it in the trash. What about homebrew project posts? Are those not advertising their project? This is a podcast by a temper, worked on by tempers, made for tempers, and is exclusively on GBAtemp, other than my own personal blog so that an RSS feed can be generated.

If it's going to be disowned by the community that created and, hopefully, appreciated it, then fuck it. I have better things to do.

Later.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Twiffles also provided a fair amount of technical support. Really a huge help in creating this podcast!

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Aww, but this was my first monkast, and I sorta liked it (after the boring start).
I'm glad I realized you're not an idiot like I thought you were
biggrin.gif
Oh and play Chrono Cross.
Seriously.
Do it.
Now.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Don't let the haters get to you, I quite enjoyed the monkast really. Even if its a bit rough around the edges, it was surprisingly entertaining, I even found ifish unintentionally hilarious. So don't get disheartened and just carry on doing what you do.

Moral of this post for others? If you don't like Monkat for whatever reason fair enough, don't listen to the monkast. But do not criticize someone who actually produced something and contributed to the site. I doubt that those who did have ever contributed anything better themselves.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it got moved to blogs because it was an advertisement? that's bs, well anyway, I must say GBAtemp doesn't really seem to give a f*** about the monkast or, honestly the tempcast either, honestly, i think this podcast deserved more promoting, not a damnation into the blogs section and being labelled an advertisement

was fun while it lasted, hope something like this will be attempted again in the future, first the tempcast dies, then the monkast

anyway i noticed a lack of humor in the podcast, there were some things that made me chuckle, but nothing that funny, monkast always seemed like a half humor half information podcast

Edit: typo

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
was fun while it lasted, hope something like this will be attempted again in the future, first the tempcast dies, then the monkast

I'm pretty sure that the Tempcast is still going on...it's just infrequent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy