The Monkast 5: International Edition

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, like I said, infrequent.

I don't think it was every very large, to be honest, but it was before my time, so who knows.

There is one in the works, AFAIK, since Rydian has entered the audio KYT and all.

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Really? I thought that it was going to be a segment of it. Otherwise it would have been released already - Rydian had finished all the questions a while ago.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
law: so I just read a post on gbatemp
law: complaining about the lack of tempcast
Sonicslasher: hahahaha
Sonicslasher: like I give a shit anymore about that

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Terminator02 said:
it got moved to blogs because it was an advertisement? that's bs, well anyway, I must say GBAtemp doesn't really seem to give a f*** about the monkast or, honestly the tempcast either, honestly, i think this podcast deserved most promoting, not a damnation into the blogs section and being labelled an advertisement

I can assure you that we do give a fuck about these things. Look at my post above. I don't know why this was moved, but you guys shouldn't be so outraged, the blogs section isn't a dead section, it gets lots of traffic and its not like this thread was moved into the eof trash can.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
I can assure you that we do give a fuck about these things. Look at my post above. I don't know why this was moved, but you guys shouldn't be so outraged, the blogs section isn't a dead section, it gets lots of traffic and its not like this thread was moved into the eof trash can.
But the topic in question is definitely not relevant to personal rants/emoblogs/x post blogs; it's more informative.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I liked it! It's the first one I listen.
I'll probably listen to the other ones after I get some sleep and I might begin to follow this.

Also, I'm also one of the 10 people in the world without a Wii

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
I might begin to follow this.

Sorry to say, that won't be happening.

Copypasta'd.

QUOTE(monkat @ Feb 5 2011, 11:13 PM) Important Note For Podcast Listeners

This is the final episode of the Monkast.

And before anyone makes the comment about it: yes, I'm butthurt. Yes, I'm being a whiny little bitch, and yes, I'm letting pride get in the way of things. I'm human, too.

I started this podcast with the express intention of adding my name to something, and as a biproduct of what a podcast is, it contributed to the GBAtemp community. geoflcl, iFish, and I were already chatting on skype, so it would be easy enough, right? Well, yeah. It was easy enough. And recording was fun, as well. The editing, not so much, but c'est la vie sometimes.

I've had a ton of help from all of the guests, and I can never thank Twiffles and Ace Faith enough for their artistic contributions to the podcast. You guys are really awesome, and your work is second to none. Except for the outro
unsure.gif
- didn't really suit the podcast! xD!

You listeners have been great too - even though the questions were quite lacking most of the time. Your feedback in the thread was more than enough to help this little project along. I really do appreciate it, even though it may have seemed like nothing.

But to view this whole thing as an advertisement? I don't care if you don't listen - that's up to you. I don't care if anyone listens, for that matter. But this is taking every little good thing about the project and throwing it in the trash. What about homebrew project posts? Are those not advertising their project? This is a podcast by a temper, worked on by tempers, made for tempers, and is exclusively on GBAtemp, other than my own personal blog so that an RSS feed can be generated.

If it's going to be disowned by the community that created and, hopefully, appreciated it, then fuck it. I have better things to do.

Later.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Twiffles also provided a fair amount of technical support. Really a huge help in creating this podcast!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I moved it here because I consider it to be a personal podcast. It might be made with members of the community, available exclusively here and done for the entertainment of the community but it's still a personal podcast. Where is the reference to the community in the title? You could have called it TempCastToo:The Unofficial Tempcast, TempTime with Monkat, The Temporal with Monkat or any one of a hundred names that referenced the temp. You didn't though, you called it the Monkast. It's basically the monkat show. As it's a personal podcast the thread is advertising your personal project, which is against the rules. Instead of closing the thread as is standard, which has happened to others in similar situations, I moved it to the blogs where personal things go because I felt it was a good compromise for something that was both reasonably popular and encouraged participation. Just because you see it as a place for "whines and rants" doesn't mean it is. If what really concerned you was the community you wouldn't be chucking your toys out of your pram because it had been moved. The section it was in wouldn't concern you one little bit so long as people could still access it and participate in it. Instead you're acting like I trashed your post and increased your warn for it. You can still do the monkast, it's just that personally I feel it belongs in the blogs as it's a personal podcast. Give it a community based title and it'll be a different story.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
While you do seem sure about having your cast canceled, being given a compromise instead of a locked thread, and an opportunity to stop having it "chucked away" is pretty nice for being a moderator (I've met horrible ones in my days, but you guys are alright)
Also,a title like "The Monkast (sponsored by GBAtemp)" isn't really the end of the world (imo). I do sympathize with the hurt pride thingy, but while you are a famous individual for this forum, you aren't separate from it. Rather, you're associated with it in a few cases, and I truly think that the specificity of the cast almost deserves the temp in the title.

Other than that, I think this whole thing is taken a bit too harshly by everyone.
Tl;dr: it's possible (maybe not favorable) to easy the cookie AND keep it to yourself.

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Ace Faith said:
While you do seem sure about having your cast canceled, being given a compromise instead of a locked thread, and an opportunity to stop having it "chucked away" is pretty nice for being a moderator (I've met horrible ones in my days, but you guys are alright)
Fair enough, yeah.

Regardless, he didn't have to justify his reasons. He isn't acting as TD, he's acting on behalf of GBAtemp.net, a private organization. It was never promised to me that my thread would stay where it ... well, belongs in my opinion.

Ace Faith said:
while you are a famous individual for this forum, you aren't separate from it. Rather, you're associated with it in a few cases
I touched on that in my "goodbye post". The podcast is 100% GBAtemp.

QUOTE(Ace Faith @ Feb 6 2011, 07:25 PM)
Other than that, I think this whole thing is taken a bit too harshly by everyone.
Tl;dr: it's possible (maybe not favorable) to easy the cookie AND keep it to yourself.
Yup.

And not sure that the second half of that is ... comprehensible English.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol