Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

The Executor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i liked how in the earlier versions of sakura when it booted up and it would either say it has detected slot 2 device or not in tiny letters. i wish there was some way of knowing if there is in 1.35 or up coz i get annoyed how there is no way to find out except run some GBA roms. but the title screen of early sakura was annoying too. by the way i noticed that before i ever used m3 real, my ds lasted for around 20 hours with no sound and lowest brightness but ever since i started using m3 real my battery life went down by HEAPS. so does m3 real waste ur ds's power by an unesccessary amount?

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Well anyways as bias as that might be because you don't a DSi. Well anyways the DSi in my opinon is fine since I never did use some of those abilities that the DSL has over it. The DSi store is mimicing its own Wii shop somewhat actually. Say hello to Sakura on the DSi when the so called iTouch2 is out by running a hacked version.

Later there will be DSi only games and the DSL will be phased out for that matter. I would like to add I got a DSi because I had a phat which i still have and can use everything a DSL has. >.>
Yes... I can see it now... DSi games phasing out the DSL when they're both the same handheld! That's utterly ridiculous, you know that right? By the time the DSi can differentiate itself enough to phased out the DSL, the DS2 will be out. That's like making the Slim PS2 play games that the PS2 cannot, or the PSP3000 play games the PSP2000 cannot; it makes no sense at all and only serves to alienate themselves from their customers and the developers.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
I notice that the vague movie converter program doesn't really work, but more importantly the current firmware doesn't play the entire movie file and jumps to the next movie file before the one that was playing has even finished.

randomese_panda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help please. So I used M3 Sakura for a couple of days and after I got what I needed, I didn't put anything new into it. Later on, it won't work it would say on the bottom screen

"!! A Fatal error has occured !!
The displayed filesize and actual filesize are different.

Recovery method method:
Backup all files to hard disk
and recopy after formatting card.

Application terminated"

I tried putting it back in computer to reformat the card but it say "Please insert disk into drive" or it won't even show up.

temp4746

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
About the known issues list:

AR pointer codes with offset code type 0x0B are broken and no longer work in Sakura 1.35 - This should be fixed in sakura 1.35 3rd

If you use Soft-Reset to exit a game and go back to the firmware, then try to load a different game that doesn't have Soft-Reset enabled, Sakura hangs trying to load the game - This might not be related to Soft-Reset not enabled on the second game perhaps to something else (configuration files?)

Long cheat descriptions get cut off so you can't read the end of the cheat (but in v1.12+1 they were fully-displayed at the top of the screen) - I really wish they would fix it, the ability to scroll cheats so fast in sakura compared to touchpod is so good, but having some cheats be cut off is annoying.

GBA saves become corrupted after switching Slot-2 devices - They should fix it to. for now i think that if you boot an NDS game and then close it, it wont corrupt your save.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
temp4746 said:
About the known issues list:
If you use Soft-Reset to exit a game and go back to the firmware, then try to load a different game that doesn't have Soft-Reset enabled, Sakura hangs trying to load the game - This might not be related to Soft-Reset not enabled on the second game perhaps to something else (configuration files?)

it has nothing to do with the 2nd game has Soft Reset enabled or OFF, Sakura freezes after using Soft Reset to exit a game and when you load a 2nd game that doesn't have a Save File (that means running a different game for the first time after using a Soft Reset),
1 solution would be: select the Game that has never been played on your microsd, run the NDS Game Setting screen by sliding it to the Left or push X or Y to let Sakura create a new Save File then launch the game

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can change your skin by just browsing your card while in sakura
click the skin file it like you where stating a rom / homebrew

and it will load the new skin
very simple, I was confused about how to do that also d:

Harry Potthead

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Joe88 said:

When I'm browsing to the skin Folder, there a only a few bmp-Files. So which File i Must take to change the skin?

Tsunii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Harry Potthead said:
Joe88 said:

When I'm browsing to the skin Folder, there a only a few bmp-Files. So which File i Must take to change the skin?
hm it should be a .skn file
some really nice ones can be found in the first post

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Harry Potthead said:
Joe88 said:

You're trying to load the TouchPod skins, you can't load the skins for the original M3 Real firmware on Sakura. Sakura has it's own type of .skn file.

Harry Potthead

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cool, get it now
smile.gif
Thanx for your help Tsunii & DeltaBurnt

gangsterboi

Trophies
Website
www.europe-nintendo.com
XP
Country
I have finished the Sakura Skin I have been working on... the download links is here:

Link one
Link two

If you cannot use link one, then use link two... obvious really.

Screenshots:
168byaa.jpg

23siv6o.png

23353p.jpg

I would upload a video but... I cant so deal with it. The file loaders is beautiful and you can only really experience it if you download the skin now!

Discussion topic:
Here

MegaShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys!

I've just downloaded the latest version of Sakura + TouchPOD from gbatemp but when I run Sakura I get the following error message:

"Can not handle disk format.

Disk size is too large, or cluster size is too small."

I'm using a Sandisk 8GB micro SDHC

TouchPOD works great (GTA ChinaTown loads at least).

Any clues?

Thanks in advance

Nagaroth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello there
smile.gif

I've created a new skin for M3Sakura, you can check it here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5818

** Faith skin for M3Sakura by Nagaroth (GBATemp.net)

WARNING: THIS SKIN IS IN SPANISH. I MIGHT CONSIDER DOING AN ENGLISH VERSION IN THE FUTURE, BUT FOR NOW THIS IS IT.

Features
--------
- M3 Sakura skin inspired by Mirror's Edge main character, Faith.

I hope you enjoy it
yaynds.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nagaroth said:
Hello there
smile.gif

I've created a new skin for M3Sakura, you can check it here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5818

** Faith skin for M3Sakura by Nagaroth (GBATemp.net)

WARNING: THIS SKIN IS IN SPANISH. I MIGHT CONSIDER DOING AN ENGLISH VERSION IN THE FUTURE, BUT FOR NOW THIS IS IT.

Features
--------
- M3 Sakura skin inspired by Mirror's Edge main character, Faith.

I hope you enjoy it
yaynds.gif

You will get MORE downloads if you make it in ENGLISH as this is an ENGLISH speaking/writing forum and there are no doubt MORE ENGLISH users of M3 REAL than Spanish users
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: