Gaming The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Walthrough/FAQ Thread

In your experience, do you think Skyward Sword is harder than other 3D Zeldas?

• Yes, it's too hard for me!

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Yeah, but I can handle it!

Votes: 117 55.2%
  • Not really, I think it's about the same.

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • I think it's a little too easy...

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • This is for babies! It's way too easy!

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

Kurems

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Could anyone explain me with details how to retrieve the last 2 parts of the key for the Earth Temple I'm searching for ?

EDIT : I didn't have found the little ledge on the left before the bridge, I have solved my question now!

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm now in Lanayru Desert and I have the Hook Beetle. I'm at the part with the big birds that drop big boulders on you but I can't figure out what to do next. Any tips? (not just the straight answer please :P)
You have to use the hook beetle! Simple as that. You are stuck surrounded by sinking sand, right?

Yep, and I know I have to use the Hook Beetle xD

Its hard to not give you a straight answer tbh. So, this spoiler will probably give you just that - a straight answer.

Beetle + bomb

Read it if you want, leave it if you want to figure it out :)

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know what the end results of the Cawlin's litter side-quest are?

If you give the letter to what's her name, she and Pipit fall in love and you get 5 gratitude crystals. If you give the letter to the toilet hand (I love how they keep brining that back), as far as I can tell nothing happens. You tell Cawlin that you gave the letter to the hand, and then I think you are supposed to figure out who it was, but I have no idea how. If I can't figure out I am just going to go back ot my save right after you get the letter, and redo the Pipit way.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the Lanayru Desert I have already gotten all of the dials for the generator. I just dont know which way I am suppose to turn it, anyone know?

TSjoerts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing SS for almost a whole day: completing one temple, discover a new area and do some side quests.
Playing TP form almost a whole day: completing 3 temples, getting Master Sword and do lots of mini games and side quests.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Playing SS for almost a whole day: completing one temple, discover a new area and do some side quests.
Playing TP form almost a whole day: completing 3 temples, getting Master Sword and do lots of mini games and side quests.
This^
I love how hard it is. I spent an entire 2-3 hours in lanayru. :P

Netsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you give the letter to what's her name, she and Pipit fall in love and you get 5 gratitude crystals. If you give the letter to the toilet hand (I love how they keep brining that back), as far as I can tell nothing happens. You tell Cawlin that you gave the letter to the hand, and then I think you are supposed to figure out who it was, but I have no idea how. If I can't figure out I am just going to go back ot my save right after you get the letter, and redo the Pipit way.

damn, gave it to the hand in the toilet lol I hope there will be some event after that :/

FrsDvl

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know it's been asked a few times now, but all the answers aren't helping me out.

I'm at Eldin Volcano looking for the key pieces. I've got 4 out of the 5 now.
The ones i got are the one down the slope in front of the temple behind the bombable wall. The one on the left of the temple where you bomb the watch tower. I also got the one you get when you run through the burning room and slide down the slope. I have another one but i cant recall where i got it from.. I've tried dowsing for it but i can't seem to figure out where it's telling me to go. If anyone could help me please i would appreciate it.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q.In Lanyaru Mining Facility, after you get the Gust Bellow and you end up back in the room with the 2 barred doors (wooden bars like jail doors on your left and in front), what do you do? I don't know how to open either door.

A.If you open your map you will see a hidden path in the sand that you will be able to cross. Answer provided by syko5150

How do you open the door to access the hidden path?

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Q.In Lanyaru Mining Facility, after you get the Gust Bellow and you end up back in the room with the 2 barred doors (wooden bars like jail doors on your left and in front), what do you do? I don't know how to open either door.

A.If you open your map you will see a hidden path in the sand that you will be able to cross. Answer provided by syko5150

If you're in the room that has a locked gate to the left and in front of you, then you need to go back one room toward the entrance and use the gust bellow to remove the sand on a block. Place the block on the switch and go through the now unlocked door. This path will eventually lead you to the other side of the left locked gate.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you're in the room that has a locked gate to the left and in front of you, then you need to go back one room toward the entrance and use the gust bellow to remove the sand on a block. Place the block on the switch and go through the now unlocked door. This path will eventually lead you to the other side of the left locked gate.

Thanks bro, helped a ton.

knoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know it's been asked a few times now, but all the answers aren't helping me out.

I'm at Eldin Volcano looking for the key pieces. I've got 4 out of the 5 now.
The ones i got are the one down the slope in front of the temple behind the bombable wall. The one on the left of the temple where you bomb the watch tower. I also got the one you get when you run through the burning room and slide down the slope. I have another one but i cant recall where i got it from.. I've tried dowsing for it but i can't seem to figure out where it's telling me to go. If anyone could help me please i would appreciate it.

The last one, you have to go downhill after going through the room that is "too hot" to go throug, go in the middle and try to end up on the far, far right platform in the downhill-area. After that you will go with you parachute over two airbursts and there it is. It's quite tricky I just accidentally got there, but it is in the downhill area. Two of the pieces are in the downhill area.

By the way, I've been playing for one and a half days and just completed the fourth temple. This game is awesome. Where are you other guys? Would be great to hear what you have to say about it. I feel that I am missing out on the side quests. I've just done a few favors in Skyloft and gotten like a twenty or so gratitude stones. What other things are there to do? Also am I the only one missing not being able to walk through "homeworlds" of different beings such as Gorons, Zoras and others, where they have their own shops and where you can speak to them and help them out with small favors?

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

damn, gave it to the hand in the toilet lol I hope there will be some event after that :/
Let me know if anything else ever happens down that path, I will revert my save and put off doing either for a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    you guys need to stay away from @AncientBoi o.o
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, why is talking about my birthday something bad?
  • light27 @ light27:
    wait what? oh
  • light27 @ light27:
    my bad
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +1
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.