The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 is officially called Tears of the Kingdom, will be out this May

It wouldn't be Nintendo if a Direct didn't end on a dramatic reveal--Breath of the Wild 2 is back, and it has an official name now. It is now titled The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. There's a brief trailer that offers a glimpse at some new details, as well as most importantly, the game's release date. The game will be out on May 12, 2023.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So anyone here able to identify whether or not that was the BOTW1 Hyrule at the end? Swore I saw Death Mountain but I am not that familiar with the map.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So anyone here able to identify whether or not that was the BOTW1 Hyrule at the end? Swore I saw Death Mountain but I am not that familiar with the map.
Not able to confirm it but it looks like it was somewhere between the Ridgeland Tower and Tabantha Tower. But the map seems so drastically modified that it's nearly unrecognisable, assuming it is the same map.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It wouldn't be Nintendo if a Direct didn't end on a dramatic reveal--Breath of the Wild 2 is back, and it has an official name now. It is now titled The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. There's a brief trailer that offers a glimpse at some new details, as well as most importantly, the game's release date. The game will be out on May 12, 2023.

Why has it taken so long?

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
YUZU gonna have to...:ha:
Yuzu actually still somewhat struggles with Breath of the Wild. It'd be enough to play the game, but don't expect 60 FPS to be flawless. Though this would likely make the devs focus on performance for Breath of the Wild as likely any performance improvements to that would carry over due to being similar games.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. Nintendo fanboys have been crying about how they want to cough up 60 dollars for Metroid and Zelda GameCube ports. All this time hoping when they could've just spun up the fucking iso by now

Reactions: LightyKD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I have reflexes a cat would be jealous of and a near psychic ability to read people, makes...